VictoriaTheCutie's First ET App [Edited]

VictoriaTheCutie
MC name: VictoriaTheCutie

VictoriaTheCutie's First ET App [Edited]

Identification Section

Preferred Name: Victoria/Tori/Vicky
MC Username: VictoriaTheCutie
Time Zone: UTC-3 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
Number of hours available: My schedule's a nightmare - but whenever I'm available I'll usually be online! I'm usually around when major events go down, and I can likely keep up a large amount of activity. I'm sure to be available at least 5 hours most days!
How long you have been playing on Toro League: Around 7 or 8 months! Though it feels like longer - closing in on an year soon <3
Qualifier Questionare

Why do you want to join Event Team?: My main reason is as basic as just about most Minecraft Staff Applications - "I want to help out" - however there are more reasons that lead me to want to join. One being; Toro really helped me over the last few months, I found out that I can learn things quickly if I put my heart to it, and I've generally become a better person I feel - because of this I want to return the favor by helping you guys out, giving more people such an opportunity in a fun enviroment. Two, it'll be a fun learning experience for me too! I hold high respect to the Toro Team and I know that I'm bound to learn a lot if I get accepted.

Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: I have DM'ed a few small private roleplays in the past - though nothing large-scale (I think mostly 7 members at times) - I was also a staff member on a minecraft server from late 2017 to early 2021 - we used to measure popularity via discord (I think it got up to 800-ish members in the end??) but we had a long period of 27+ players on server before it ended up shutting down. I don't know everything I'm in for, but I have a general idea.

What can you bring to this team?: I can make skins, I'm... Somewhat decent at building I think?? Not great though, and even then I rarely do it/haven't done it in a while so I don't have any examples.
I can mess with resourcepacks, and have decent image-editing skills!
Also I'm decent at least at DM'ing/Acting. I know basic principles such as the fact I'll have to improvise a bit, or that I shouldn't be improvising everything and need a script to go off of.
Examples:
https://imgur.com/Oi3CfAU - Commission for Wolverik, used a fair share of bases for this one.
https://imgur.com/mTwE3OQ - Commission for ThatAlex! Made by me mostly! This is my usual shading style, couldn't make good looking prostehtic arms though, that's the 10% "Not Victoria" material on this Earnest. The clothing might look similar to other pieces you've seen online, since I adapted my shading style from them.

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: I tend to act on impulse and have issues communicating. People who have spoken to me in Voice Chat likely have heard me stutter or say something random/irrelevant at times. I have a fair share of "brain fart" moments, but it's usually when I've had little and/or bad sleep.
Either way I'm trying to improve upon it.
TL;DR - I'm not especially great with people and I'm an emotional wreck. But I'm working on it.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: Sadly, I have not had the pleasure to participate/run a an event yet. Though plan to. See below.

Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: Haven't had the pleasure to yet, though I am currently planning a smaller-scale player-ran event on behalf of the rangers! (Although I only have basic 'draft' like ideas so far...) It's meant to indicate how some pokémon react to certain actions and how to be safe around them / common signs for mons. I've yet to sit down and write into paper.

Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: Yep! But I'm bound to miss a few emotes. I'm not perfect.

Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: I'm sure I am capable of doing so if I tried, but I've never actually done it before.

The Prompt

(SUMMARY) - Updated/Re-read it.
The premise of the event is simple. A brand new cavern is discovered somewhere in region. An archeologist gathers up people to investigate via radio and has them meet up at an outpost near the Cavern. The players are all given gear, such as rope, flashlights, water, food, and then enter the newly-found cave system.

This begins a treacherous journey all-throughout! The cavern had many territorial pokémon, and the players would actually be encouraged to stealth their way through - which might or might not work depending how they go about it.

Upon reaching a wide, sandy area with a huge stone door. Three Guardian Steelix would jump out of holes in the ceiling, roaring and initiating a battle once approached. Upon being defeated they'd open the door and let the group claim their prizes.

The Steelix guarded a room with nothing but treasure. Hooray! (The old story didn't make much sense to me now that I re-read it.) Evolutionary Stones (Sun Stone, Moon Stone) and a fair share of sellable items / minerals. Maybe a few fossils? Something that makes it worth their time. The items would only be acquirable in the event. Also, maybe something archaic/old.

TL;DR: Cave adventure.

(1) The cavern and camp builds would be necessary as a whole. A fair share of props would be made using Chisels and Bits, and the actors for the guards and the three Steelix would use Pokédisguise plugin. We'd also be using Decocraft/MrCrayfish.

(2) Decided to add more than one character, though we only have one human character.

The Archeologist
"Michael Rin"
Michael is one who's generally friendly in normal conversation, and seems confident and collected all-around. Upon entering the cavern he flips inro "Serious Mode", where he'll do his best to make sure everyone is safe, speaking in shorter sentences to try to convey signals/prompts as fast as possible.

The "Guards"
Base or First Stage - Ground, Rock, or Steel type pokémon
While the group may be encouraged to stealth, taking these out won't be such of an issue, though it'd be harder in larger numbers. Even then, they're quite quick to lose the group, and have very short attention spans.
They can be fed, too! Food will immediately distract them. Moves like Sweet Scent may also be use to lure them somewhere else, or tossing pebbles or... You get it! They're not very good at being guards.
But they're trying! And despite all this they take their jobs seriously.

Steelix 1 - The Leader
One is the one making sure Two and Three are doing their respective jobs right! He just stays in the back and watches the fight for the most part.
He'll yell at Two and Three whenever they are doing something wrong, or not good enough. Which distracts Two for a few moments, and Three has just learnt to ignore. He's a strict leader and expects nothing less than perfection.

Steelix 2 - The Strong
Two's whole thing is he does the most damage out of everyone in the trio, having access to a powerful move in Hyper Beam which it uses rather rarely. He also slams foes with his tail, missing will cause sand to kick up in the surrounding area. Unless they have some sort of protection, the people afflicted by this will have to roll to not be blinded. Sometimes, he uses Iron Tail, missing will cause his tail to get stuck in the sand. He'll be unable to move while this is happening, and can't use any moves either. Two will use Protect to defend himself! He can also use Dragon Tail to make the players switch pokémon abruptly. He seems to rely on actually fighting with it's body more than using moves, however.
Personality wise, Two is goofy. Upon entering the room he'd likely trip onto the ground, and then bring himself back up. This gives the fact that he has two dangerous moves a nice contrast.

Steelix 3 - The Dancer
Three is... The fastest of the three. Where as One relies in his defenses, and Two relies in his body to strike, she relies in... Dancing! She has the move Dragon Dance which is self explanatory. She often uses Dig burrowing herself into the arena's sand, and she moves towards the players like a shark. (This effect is visible, making it quite simple to dodge.) She also knows Double Edge in which she just rapidly slithers at the opponent and slams her head into them, hurting herself, and Stone Edge in which she makes spikes appéar from the ground and walls and hurls them towards the opponents like they were spears spears.
Personality wise, Three just wants to fight her way. She loves the thrill, the emotion in a good sparring match! For that reason she doesn't care about One's orders, and is usually seen grinning. More-over, she'll likely hold back against those weaker than her.

(3) 10 emotes below! "Variables" too.

Emote Variables:
{PLAYER} refers to an anonymous player being addressed.
{LOCATION} refers to an anonymous location being addressed.
{POKÉMON} refers to an anonymous pokémon being addressed.

1. [JSR] A man's voice would come up on radio! "Hello, people of the Toro Region! I'm a travelling archeologist, my name is Michael Rin! We've discovered a new cavern at {LOCATION}! I want to give you all a chance to join an adventure with me and see what we can find!" Michael would cut out, and your usual ads would play.

2. As they approach the camp, it'd become clear that it was filled with archeologists! A large team, all wearing the same uniform. From within the crowd, Michael yelled out to them - "Hey! Over here!" - he waved to signal them over.

3. The group would be lead to a tent loaded with exploration gear, enough for everyone! Michael would let off a beaming smile! "The team and I built this all up over the years! It's amazing how far we've come... Gear up, and we'll be heading into the cavern."

4. As the group turns the corner, the Excadrill seemed to lose them. It burrowed into the ground, and can be heard going digging away.

5. Michael would peek through the cracks in the wall, then turn around to the group. "Lots of pokémon. We should be quiet."

6. The group would be chased up until they turned the corner into the room, in which they'd find a... Minecart? Rocks seemed to have collapsed onto the rails.

7. Two's Iron Tail missed and struck down on the sand, getting stuck! He struggled and wiggled to try to get it out.

8. Three hit the double edge on the wall, letting out a pained cry. The room rumbled a little due to the impact.

9. The guard was distracted by the sudden sound of a pebble hitting something. It ran over to investigate!

10. As the group approached, the Steelix trio roared! Two of them took defensive positions, as the one in the back burrowed itself into a hole in the ceiling. The exit was abruptly blocked by a large boulder.

Anything else we need to know: I edited the prompt a fair bit, and shifted a fair bit of stuff around now that I've slept and woken up again. A lot of stuff seemed unneeded and over-board, and I knew I'd have to ease it out a bit. It's a lot less to take in now, and seems a lot more plausible.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: VictoriaTheCutie's First ET App [Edited]

Hello! Thank you for applying, and your patience in regards to the status of your application. You've given us quite an impressive app, and I appreciate all the details and how cleanly it's formatted! I'm sorry to say that at this time we can't accept you onto the team though. After some discussing with other staff members, and reflection on how being staff has effected our own lives, we've decided to not subject any younger members of our community to that. Real life, school, good time management habits - and holding off stress is important! In addition, we are looking for people who voulnteer more, event wise, so they can showcase their skills beforehand. This includes building, mini-events, and the such!

Still, you had a really fun app, and it's rather impressively laid out, with a lot of details as well. I'm really excited what mini-events you have in store! If you need any push or help, please let us know! We're always happy to help the people that our helping us :3

Thank you again! If you have any more questions about this decision, please feel free to PM me!

Return to “Inactive Applications”