ZeypherBro's ET Application

Zeypher
MC name: ZeypherBro

ZeypherBro's ET Application

Preferred Name: Zeypher
MC Username: ZeypherBro
Time Zone: Central Standard
Number of hours available: I'm currently available generally any time in the afternoon and evening, and most weekends
How long you have been playing on Toro League: About half a year, give or take a few months

Why do you want to join Event Team?: I love giving players opportunities for RP! Nothing makes me happier than players having a good time. Some folks have also recommended I drop an application for ET, so here I am!

Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: I don't have experience in a position just like this, but I have been a DM for table top rpgs for quite some time. It's been a while since I've run anything, but I've had experience with a variety of systems, characters, and campaigns.

What can you bring to this team?: When it comes to Minecraft specifically, I don't have much to offer. I'd say my strongest skill to offer is my writing and acting for events. I have a bit of experience with redstone, so if it was necessary I could take a crash course to brush up on it. As far as building, I'm much better at building with vanilla MC, but I'm willing to put the practice in to lend a hand with chiseling and littletiles. I'm afraid artsy stuff like creating posters or skins is easily my weakest point.

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: I'm not the most skilled when it comes to artsy stuff. While my building could definitely improve with some practice, I'm afraid my skinning and drawing skills will never be great.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: I haven't helped much with events on Toro. I'm unsure if it counts, but I did DM a recent RP involving Edgar and Shiv (Vern and Shade) investigating Jake's hideout. It involved guard pokemon, explosions, crumbling tunnels, and evidence gathering. The players involved seemed to have a good time, at the very least.

Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: I assisted in building Jake's hideout, providing the base layout, prison cells, desk, tunnels, and support beams. Rosy was kind enough to assist with refining the build, adding some texture, foliage, and stalagmites, as I was nervous and unsure how to put the finishing touches on the build a the time.

Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: I haven't had much experience with running things for large groups on Toro. The only situation I had with a larger group was Layla's first show when she got stuck in her water tank. I feel it went well enough, but I could have done better. When DMing for table top stuff, I was able to manage groups of four or five people. Ultimately, I'm unsure how well I could do with larger groups at the moment, as I haven't had enough experience.

Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: I imagine I could handle it? Again, I haven't had much experience running such an event on Toro yet, so I wouldn't feel comfortable giving a definite yes or no. I would, however, be willing to give it a shot.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:

Someone, or something, has broken into Derek's Berries in Tyrian, raiding the shop for berries! Worse yet, several baby Pokemon have gone missing from the area near Canvas, stolen away in the night. A concerned local asks local trainers to stakeout the area to try and catch the culprit. The trainers discover the thief to be an overprotective and over enthusiastic Kangaskhan. The Pokemon has been stealing away baby Pokemon to look after them, taking them to her burrow in the woods nearby. It began to steal berries to feed its adopted family, unable to forage enough food in the woods alone.

(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.
The event would take place at night, so the sky would have to be manually kept at night. Pokedisguise would be optimal to play the Kangaskhan, and Pokemon statues would suffice for the stolen babies in the nest. A small burrow and nest would need to be built in the woods, and Derek's Berries would need to be roughed up a bit temporarily.

(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them to.
Concerned Local: This character doesn't need to be particularly fleshed out, as they serve almost only to hook players into the event. He/She had their Smoochum recently go missing, and with Derek's Berries broken into they're on edge. Only berries were stolen from the shop, any cash or items were left alone, so they would feel bad having someone arrested for it. They enlist some players to look into it, assuming the thief to be a Pokemon or some poor, hungry person.

Kangaskhan: Khangaskhan is a very over protective mother who lost her own baby. Any small Pokemon that it sees alone is assumed to be abandoned, and is brought to her little family. If a player participates in the event with a child character and wanders away from the group, Kangaskhan may even try to steal the player away to her nest. She has several wild Pokemon under her care, as well as a few stolen babies from Canvas, namely Smoochum, Hapinny, and an Elekid. She's incredibly protective, but doesn't feel comfortable fighting, preferring to intimidate threats with her large size. She willingly lets Pokemon under her care leave if they either prove that they'll be okay alone, or if she can be convinced that the Pokemon in question have another mother waiting for them.

(3) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event.
1) Tony (Concerned Local) glanced about at the group with a small smile, poking his fingers together anxiously. "Thank you all so much for offering to help. With the break in, and the missing Pokemon, everyone around here has been on edge something fierce. Hopefully y'all can get to the bottom of this..."

2) [Tony asked to come along] Tony shook his head violently, waving his hands about. "O-Oh, gosh, no, I...I couldn't. If I thought I could handle this, I would have done so. I'm gonna stay home, and make sure my precious Cleffa isn't stolen away too." The nervous man smiled apologetically.

3) [Tony insulted, called a coward, etc.] Tony frowned and took a few steps back from the group, shaking his head. "Look, I'm....I'm sorry, but I won't help. I'm no good in a fight, and....l-look, you handle this and you'll be rewarded, okay? Please?"

4) [Group spots Kangaskhan in shop] A large, hulking shape rooted around in the darkness within Derek's shop, grunting and tossing items aside. A Kangaskhan sniffed about, ransacking the shop as it shoveled berries into its pouch. Occasionally the large Pokemon paused to glance around nervously, peering into the darkness outside the shop before continuing its raid.

5) [Child player wanders away, runs into Kagaskhan] A large Kangaskhan slipped out of the shadows, stepping out from around the corner to peer down at [Player]. The Pokemon tilted its head, sniffing at the young [boy/girl]. With a grunt of satisfaction, the normal type reached out, trying to grab [Player] to pick them up and put them it its pouch.

6) [Players confront Kangaskhan] The large Pokemon bellowed in surprise and fear, raising to its full height with a grunt. Kangaskhan peered anxiously at the group, spreading her arms out to appear bigger as she grunted and bellowed again.

7) [Players battle Kangaskhan] Kangaskhan bellowed angrily, swiping at its attacker with a half-hearted Mega Punch. With a grunt, it lowered an arm to protect its pouch before attempting to barrel through the group, heading for the woods. It didn't bother to avoid attacks, weakly trying to bat away its foes with its free arm to clear a path.

8) [Players follow Kangaskhan to the burrow] Kangaskhan grunted, fishing around in its pouch to pull out a slightly squished berry, tossing it at the group before shuffling anxiously into its burrow. Quiet squeals and squeaks can be heard from within, followed by quiet grunts from the Kangaskhan.

9) [Players enter burrow] Kangaskhan wheeled about to face the group with a grunt. The stolen berries were piled in the center of the den, and several small Pokemon were happily munching away. The Kangaskhan, meanwhile, was busy trying to shove as many of her babies into her pouch as she could. A Smoochum and a Pichu were already in there, peering out at the group.

10) [Players convince Kangaskhan to release the babies] Kangaskhan grunted sadly, gently pulling Smoochum out of her pouch to set it on the ground. It grunted again, snuffling as it turned to usher Elekid and Hapinny forward as well. With a low hum, the large Pokemon plucked some beries from the pile, handing them to the babies before pushing them forward gently.

Anything else we need to know: I'm willing to learn and assist with anything! If any events or builds need an extra hand, I'm more than willing to chip in!

Return to “Inactive Applications”