Red Dust Journals

Ecrivaillon
MC name: Ecrivaillon

Red Dust Journals

A statement released by the Public Relations department of PixCo.:
"The following journal entries were recovered from Professor Michael's vacant apartment during a recent investigation. It contains information regarding the 'red dust' epidemic that spread through Aurelia City. Eleanor Watanabe, the CEO of Pix Co., has declared that this information be made public for all citizens of Toro, for their safety and well-being, as well as to avoid any sense of panic surrounding this threat. We hope that we can continue a communicative and healthy relationship with the people of Aurelia and Toro at large, and wish that we can all move past this unfortunate incident."
[This message has been brought to you by Pix Co.
-Pixelate Life-]
---

Day 1: Reports to the lab have told me that a mysterious substance is entering the atmosphere soon. I fear for any of the public getting their hands on what could be a dangerous, volatile material. Its expected impact point is said to be east of the desert. The implications of what could be inside this otherworldly object are intriguing, tantalizing... I must recover it for the sake of research and study its properties, without a moment of hesitation.

Day 2: I obtained a mineral substance from the object—which was revealed to be some type of meteor. It made impact on the peak of a mountain nearby the desert at the center of the continent, and I recovered it from a group of sweaty peasants who were getting too close. Its physical properties are remarkable. It has a strange, granule texture that remains even after reduced to a microscopic level. Upon further inspection, I realized that it has a highly graduated form of levels and depth and changes in shape. It reminds me of the variation that snowflakes develop from water freezing patterns, but in the form of rock. It is entirely fascinating. Still, I fear that I may have inhaled some. I worry about the medical consequences this can have on my body.

Day 4: I have grown completely engrossed in my research of this mineral. I still have no official name for it, only referring to it as "red dust," due to its remarkable, natural crimson color. It has caused me deep chest pain, however; the trouble is that I have no ability to examine myself, and trust no one else to understand the properties. I have been taking a certain chemical that is keeping the pain at bay; I believe it is lodging in the pleura of my lungs and eating away at it. The chemical compound I have been ingesting is lubricating my lungs and (I believe) it stops the effects of the red dust. Only just now, I have trapped and caged a Ratatta. I exposed it to the mineral in a closed environment and hope to see its effects.

Day 8: The red dust has had no effect whatsoever on the Rattata. While waiting for results, I developed a stronger version of the chemical compound I had been ingesting, and it keeps the red dust from burrowing into the lining of the lungs for, possibly, two weeks. However, while again examining my original samples, I have noticed a remarkable deterioration in the graduations in height. Originally, the particles of red dust were ridged and varied in elevation, if you will; these have steadily declined. I am unsure as to how this is possible or why it is happening. I watch it at all times.

I decided to release a small sample of the red dust into the public air stream. Originally released in the lab, it has begun circulating throughout the public. I plan on taking samples from the people of the town and testing the effects of prolonged use.

Day 9: The tests were immediately successful. Many of the townspeople were exposed to the red dust, spread by the coughing fits brought on by the pleurisy. I provided them with the strengthened chemical compound and it has warded them from their pain. However, the red dust in my own lungs no longer seems to ail me, and I have stopped taking the cure. It is entirely frustrating. Furthermore, the Rattata I tested on still shows no symptoms. It may be that the lining of Pixelmon lungs are perhaps stronger than that of humans? That they may resist the red dust entirely? The implications are enormous.

Day 12: I have realized what is happening. The red dust, an alien substance, is degraded by oxygen. It has a chemical make-up that causes it to be withered away by the oxygen in the air, and this deterioration stops it from burrowing into human lungs. It appears that the red dust that entered into our atmosphere can no longer lodge within our pleura; it has wasted to such a point where it is no longer dangerous. I am both saddened and relieved. The people of the town seem to have recovered completely from the pleurisy after a few uses of that temporary cure I concocted. That is almost upsetting; I have now lost my power over the people, as my cure is no longer useful. A few samples remain that have not entirely deteriorated, as I placed them into air-sealed chambers. I now carry them with me. Perhaps they will be of use, in a severely temporary manner. I do, however, fear for my place at PixCo. It appears that things may be changing.

Return to “Event Archives”