Easter Egg Decorating 2019 || Ends: April 27th

Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Easter Egg Decorating 2019 || Ends: April 27th

[Egg Base - Transparent][Egg Base - Filled]
= = = = = = = =
THROWBACK TO 2017, those who remember it or do, may look upon the old contest and see it here. ( no stealing )
I want to stress that this is NOT an ART contest, so don't be intimated! We will just be judging based off the design first and foremost & such criteria listed below. Overall, have fun, and I promise we'll have some more writing based contests - and such, soon! ♥

The Contest
  • Design an Easter Egg onto either of the bases above. Nothing in specific, it can be Pokemon theme'd, OC theme'd, you whatever you want! That's all! You can do a traditional cute Easter egg design too! Winners will be picked by me & Misha - so literally everybody else is allowed to enter.
Da Rules
  • - You can make as many as you want, and you are free to share them - since that's fun - but you can only enter two into the contest!
  • - Please specify which two you're entering & please name them!
  • - Post entrees on this thread, use spoilers for images, and please edit your post if you have more aygs to share.
  • - Use the bases above! You're free to shrink it, expand it, add wings or accessories onto it, but it must be that egg base.
  • - Only 1 egg per person will win.
What We're Judging
The Prizes
Here's what you've been waiting for, the prizes!
  • - Participation prize: egg baby egg baby egg baby special egg baby
  • - Other Prizes: Art / Colors / Tags - we'll work it out with you.
    Depending on how many entrees there are, there might be a first, second, or even third place! They'll get a choice of prizes, with first place getting first pick and so on.
    - Prizes can be transferable / For the Art prize, we can discuss it when you win.
The DEADLINE
ENDS: April 27th- 11:59 PM EST
Rosy

Re: Easter Egg Decorating 2019 || Ends: April 20th

Mishakiara wrote:Some tips for when you're designing your eggs!
• Making horizontal and vertical lines have a small curve instead of straight across could make it a bit nicer since it adds a bit of depth.
• Avoid the overly bright/neon colours! They will do nothing more than stick out and hurt people's eyes.
• MSpaint Specific Tips...
  • - Holding down 'shift' when doing the shapes will make shapes scale properly! So instead of having oblong shapes it will help make perfect squares/circles/etc.
    - Shift will also make lines perfect straight lines when working with the line tool, or making the points for the curve one.
    - When drawing with a pencil, holding shift will make it follow the grid and do perfect lines as well. To note, when you let go of shift it'll make a line from where the line ended to wherever your mouse is now.
    - Transparent selection is a thing! If you click the arrow beneath select and click 'transparent selection' it'll treat white as transparent from what I can tell. So when you're done with your egg you can put that on and paste in the egg and it'll put the black outline over to make your egg line all nice and neat!.
    - Make sure to use the pencil tool and not the brush tool so the bucket fills in properly.

Now for an egg that I did for fun! It's not really too fitting for an easter egg and it isn't even that good a design, but shh oh well.
Also, have some joke eggs. Please enjoy.

my old entry:
Rosy wrote:
EGGSCUM
Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

Throwing my (awful at art) hat in the ring because I managed to squeeze out a few minutes of free time:
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Been meaning to work on this for a few days but here we are! Finally got to it!
Rosy

Extending out to the 27th, the end of Passover o/ thanks!
kcband36
MC name: kcband36

Re: Easter Egg Decorating 2019 || Ends: April 27th

stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

I hand drew this, oops. Bit of a tribute to the superhero that started it all for the MCU.

(yeah this is like 2 hours late don't @ me)
Rosy

Congratulations to our winners!
Thank you to those who participated.
3rd Place -
Stow with: "iron egg, he didn't name it lol™™™™™™"
2nd Place -
Chak with: "Stained Glass(-ish) Egg"
1st Place -
Vern with: " Vale/Victini Egg!~ "

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥