Birth of a Dreamer.

Whether its graphics, music, or writing, let the creativity flow freely and post original content here!
Salsa80
MC name: Salsa80

Birth of a Dreamer.

Short 1: New Light.

The region of Kanto was a bubble of popularity. Some would go as far to say that it was a tourist trap, the culture, the colors, the media, all things that the people from other regions seemed to enjoy more than the Kantonese themselves. With it's calm streets, clear skies, and the warm kiss of the sun, it was an almost perfect day. Though Fuschsia being the smaller town it was, was currently an explosion of excitement; for any passerby and tourist that happened to walk by would notice a horde of people around a small house tucked away next to the fabled Safari Zone. This was the home of the Dreamer family, two kind and happy Kantonese people by the names of Asou Dreamer and his wife Maaya Dreamer; both who worked at the Safari zone, caring for it and the Pixelmon. They were pretty well known, and well loved. Perhaps it was the screams from within that brought people to the porch.

"I heard yelling what's going on in there?"
"Miss Dreamer is giving birth I heard."
"Yea! Th doctor did everything but start tossing people away from the door. He even threatened to give me a shot!"

"Come on honey, push." A gentle voice said somewhere to the left. Who was that? He sounded familiar- Oh right, her husband. The man that put her in this mess. The usually gentle Kantonse woman's bright brown head snapped towards the face of her husband, mouth open to yell until his lips were against her forehead. "Shh. Save your strength. Honestly woman." He chuckled and took a clammy hand, holding it against his cheek. "Hit me if you gotta but you'll spook the doctor."
She thought about it, but she couldn't hit this man. Not now. A bang and shout from the husband's mother made him look up. "I'll be right back love, let me just..." He stood abruptly, a bad habit of his. He didn't mean it to be rude but he hardly ever left a room with a formal farewell. The woman screamed, hardly hearing the doctors instructions at this point...

"Sorry about that Maaya." Asou said as he returned to the bedroom, arms full of a small bundle covered in a fuzzy blanket. The one they got for their baby she noted. "It finally hatched-" He stopped in his tracks, for there lay his wife, sweaty yet beautiful, and yet more beautiful by the fact in her arms was another bundle, in another blanket. The doctor was off to the side talking to some of the local boys who climbed in through the window to see this spectacle, and with tears in his eyes Asou carefully sat on the edge of the bed beside his wife, looking down at the face of their son. His son..."Ha. Good thing he got my face or the poor kid would never survive school- Wait, darn he got your nose..."
Maaya gave her husband a tired smile. "Shut up and look at him...Where'd you go earlier?" She asked, eyes going down to his own burden.

"Don't worry about that now."

The rest of the day was quiet, calm, with people funneling in to give their best wishes, and some even gifts as was custom. Incense was lit along with some candles, and silent prayers were placed over the child and the new parents. One family however stood out, a tall man with skin as dark as the finest chocolate, and eyes that pierced the hardest stone. Beside him a short voluminous woman, a small girl in her arms. As the people left, the two families remained. Soon they too left, and the Dreamer's placed their child in a small bed.

"Oh. Maaya wait a moment." The man rushed out of the room and returned with what Maaya first thought to be a doll, until the light from the window fell over it. An Abra, obviously new born was now laying next to her son, both breathing softly. A small human hand soon met that of an Abra's.

"Our son needs a little guardian." Asou said with a grin, arms around his wife. "He'll watch out for our boy, yea?"

"Yea... You hear that son? Keep him with you always, your father spent quite some time making sure he was the perfect companion."

"Good night Kaineth."

Story 2: 5 years old. Dreams.

"Alright Kai now you and Fonze need to look your best today. Can you do that for mom? We'll be going to the tower and pay our respects. Both to Mew and the others. So hold still so I can get your Yukata tied..." She wasn't stern, voice always gentle, but the command was clear in the woman's eyes and the boy subsided.

"But mommy...Ishiin's are." he thought a moment, lips pursed in thought. "Scary." He finally stated with a nod, eyes wide as he looked in his mothers. "I see them when I sleep..."

"Oh you silly boy those are just dreams...Why don't you tell me what you saw, hmm?" She stood him up and gently raised his arms to fix the ribbons around his arms. "While we wait for your silly father...He ran off to check the Abras."

Kai beamed at the word Abras and forgot all about the dreams, reaching up for his mother's cheeks. "Wait! Fonze!" And at that with only one sock and Yukata not yet tied properly, the boy dashed off to his room, returning with the little Abra in his arms.

"I'm sure they won't mind, but bring his Pixelball just in case alright?"

"No! He is free." Kai stated and held the Abra tighter who simply nuzzled into Kai, small limbs waving at Maaya. "He stays out." This drew a sigh from his mother who simply nodded and waved the boy back over, finishing his dressing. "Now about the dreams Kai? They're very nice people..."

Kai furrowed his brows at his mother, those wide eyes already to wise for his age. He always looked as if he knew what you wanted to hear and what he needed to say. But of course that was silly, he was only five... "The tall man...He watches me."

"Oh Demos? Well yes he can be quite intimidating but I promise you Kai he's very sweet."

"And the girl. She's...." He paused, thinking. "Weird."

"Now that's not very ni-" His mother was caught off as the door to their home opened, Asou strutting in covered in dirt and an Abra on his shoulder sporting a little cowboy hat.

"You two ready to go-" He stopped at the sight of his wife and waggled his brows. "Love if I knew going to visit the Ishiin's at the tower would get you in that Kimono I'd have too see em every day."

Maaya laughed and gave her husband a scolding look. "Not in front of Kai dear-"

"Daddy!" Kai ran over to bump into Asou's legs, arms wrapped around them along with Fonze.

"Hey little man. You ready to go? Fonze to?"

Kai nodded and was scooped up by his father. MAaya blinked and scurried into the bedorom, coming back with an old camera which she hurriedly used to snap a photo of this scene.

Kai in his dad's arms, happily cheering at some joke she didn't hear, Fonze' on her son's shoulder also cheering, and her husband grinning like a mad man, head leaned back for a loud laugh. Little did she know that long in the years this Photo would find it's way to another region...

Short 3: 12 years old: First steps. (TO BE CONTINUED)

Return to “Creative Corner”