Toro Premier Debates - Round 8

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
kcband36
MC name: kcband36

Re: Toro Premier Debates - Round 8

Vincent is a little taken back by the question and gives a small laugh to the question before answering with a smile, "Well.. I didn't expect a question such as this.. but my favorite type of cake has to be a rich vanilla with a white buttercream." Vincent gives a warm smile at remembering the flavor. "Back when I first met Maggie, my wonderful wife, there was to be a wedding but it got called off." Vincent would let out a bigger laugh than before, "So Maggie and I just ate it so the cake wouldn't go to waste! I think that's one reason we ended up becoming close friends.. it also helped I became a regular at La Lapras." Vincent finishes the question while fondly remembering those days.
shadowslayer
MC name: hl2shadowslayer

Fionna raises her hand to ask a question, surprisingly having shown up for this debate. "Hey, hey, Kiori, since you're a pixelmon professor, does that mean you can help pixelmon better as a Premier?"
RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

Kiori had a small, genuine little smile on her face. "I certainly hope so." She began. "I have been told in the past that as Pixelmon Professor, I have surprisingly little power when it comes to pixelmon safety in the region. I lacked the ability to protect pixelmon from abusive trainers or have much of a voice at all in incidents. I hope that by being premier, that barrier is removed and I may work with the Arbiter of Justice to have better laws to protect our companions and loved ones, as I intended to do when I first stepped into university for this profession."
kcband36

Vincent would smile towards his son in-law and then answer his question. “Very good question Mr. Knighton, now while my plan may be.. A bit more simple than what Kiori might have in mind. Beginning with establishing the Neighborhood Watch Program in each settlement, my first focus is just having vigilant eyes on Toro to ensure crimes can be spotted and stopped in a quick response time. I want to ensure Toro has vigilant eyes without becoming a communist state or invading people’s privacy.” Vincent would chuckle before continuing. “I am also going to create an emergency response class that citizens can enroll in so that citizens can help people better during times of crisis. These programs will allow the RTMP to patrol more areas outside of town as well as help reduce response times to crimes. The creation of the RTMP towers throughout the towns already helped drastically reduce response times.” Vincent takes a break in his answering to hydrate his man throat. “I do not plan to make large changes to the RTMP as I did that during my second term in office, however, I want to unify the pieces and bits of the RTMP that each town has. Tyrian has it’s own RTMP building, Cobalt and Aurelia has RTMP stations at their entrance, Ferrite has cells, and the other towns primarily have their citizens. I want to work with all settlement leaders on creating RTMP stations in their towns so that citizens can report crimes and get an officer in a timely manner. These stations won’t be the size of the one in Aurelia and Tyrian of course, more of the size of what Cobalt has. Lastly, I’d work with the winning Arbiter on creating laws about how to respond to national emergencies and any laws needed to take actions against CODEX and Rhyhorn Riders.” Vincent takes in a big breath once finishing, but then remembering the last part of Rahim’s question. “As for my comments and opinions on Kiori’s plan, I think it’s a great start. However, I see that I am focusing more on a local level rather than what Kiori plans on doing. She seems to be more at a national level in her plans. Whoever wins I am sure you will see both of our policies and plans put in to action.
RiaLangset

Kiori nodded her head at Rahim as Vincent finished. “It is always a pleasure to see you, Rahim.” She stated warmly before continuing. “I first wish to state Vincent has wonderful ideas, and they are far more concrete than mine. This has been a great learning experience. He is, however, slightly incorrect. I am also mostly focusing on local projects.”

“I wish to avoid the word vigilante, as that puts the wrong impression on our citizens. However, I agree with him on the stance of classes and education. People immigrate to Toro frequently, and the region is in a constant state of people arriving and leaving. As such, gaps appear in terms of how much one person knows of what is available to them compared to another. I hope to have mediums in place so the public, no matter how long they have been here, are aware of the opportunities Toro has for them. Such as publications regarding food banks, classes, tours of places to go and how to use the emergency beacons that Premeir Knighton has installed.”

“Classes are indeed available for things such as basic first aid, as well as various dojos that are always accepting new students that could help teach you self defense and how to react calmly to situations.”
She added with a loving smile to her husband. “And word of mouth, so far, is the main way people even know about our wonderful therapy programs. This must change.”

“As for security of our homes, I am honored Mister Legrand wishes to add RTMP offices to each city. Indeed, Tyrian’s is much too vast, even after I cut the building in half. I had not thought of that. I wished to speak with the RTMP and learn from their experiences, to see from their perspective. They have far superior knowledge than I could ever dare to dream, and I will require their ideas and vision. What has worked, what has not worked, what has been implemented. I am missing these valuable pieces of information, and should I become elected, I look forward to the very long discussions that will take place for security on the front of what the RTMP can do. That is the best answer I can give you at this time on that particular subject.”

“As for local security I wish to, if a bit shamelessly, bring attention to Tyrian’s shield. It has been implemented twice since its creation by our very own Theo Ross, and I desire to see if this shield can be used in other cities without being too much of a drain on the government’s funds and the power of the region. Alongside this, Carmine has humbled all of us with its emergency area. Their actions saved the families of Toro. I hope to work with town leaders to create similar areas in their cities in case of crisis.”
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

[[ If there are no more questions by 6PM EST, we'll close the debates down and allow for closing statements & voting // Feel free to still post some if your characters have them, but do it now :P ]]
RiaLangset

As the time arrived for closing statements, Kiori glanced at Vincent, whom gave the nod for her to go first. Kiori took a drink of her water for the first time since these debates even opened and looked out to those watching her. "I wish to thank the Toro region and its people for accepting me and molding me into the person I am today. It is my solemn hope that I am given the chance to properly display my gratitude by becoming your leader, if just for one term, and continue Toro's prosperity. The government has some holes to patch, I hope to step in and do just that, should Toro wish it and state as such with their votes."

She turned to Vincent and bowed her head. "Thank you, Professor LeGrand, for being with me up here as my opponent and my friend. Would it not be something if all the debates in the future went as professionally as this? Your family is always welcome to join us for tea, though try not to bring in everyone at once." She chuckled warmly.
kcband36

Vincent would look over to Kiori and give a hearty laugh. “Of course, I’ll bring some of Mimi’s cookies.. But I probably should finish up here first.” Vincent would look to the crowd once more and smiles, “I want to thank everyone for just coming out here today and to those who asked questions during the debate. If elected I ensure that Toro’s safety will be number one in my mind and I will do all that I have in my powers to protect Toro’s future.” Vincent would wave to the crowd and head of stage.

Return to “Regional Government Archives”