The XtraBlocks mod!

greenjoe12345
MC name: greenjoe12345

The XtraBlocks mod!

I am thinking the XtraBlocks mod could be added to the server, it could be very useful, as it adds lots of blocks that can have custom textures added to them, and the textures are able to be added by resource packs! so many custom blocks could be added by with this mod combined with the toro resource! AND what is more, the customised blocks from XtraBlocks can be put on to carpenter's blocks, to make them into slopes and such. and it also adds items that can be given custom textures, so more custom items that would be useful for RPing :)
the link to the mod is here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... march-2015
bigpapa672
MC name: Venidraes

Re: The XtraBlocks mod!

This...actually looks quite fun and I would hate myself because I would go insane with even more cool deco blocks. But, I'm certainly all for this mod to be honest.
greenjoe12345

awesome! and as the resource pack is being updated, if this mod was added, the textures could be added at the same time
Macecurb
MC name: Ecurbmac

This looks interesting, for sure, but it also looks like it would be ridiculously resource-intensive.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

I think this is a good interesting mod, however there is a few things I would like to point out.
  • • There's already a few unused objects we can replace the textures of blocks and item-wise, and not enough people have suggested new textures / blocks / items to warrant needing this many new blocks and such at this point.
    • We already have a few mods that adds different types of decorations or lets you make slabs / various shapes out of existing blocks. (DecoCraft, BiblioCraft, Carpenter's Blocks)
    • It has not been updated to 1.8 so that might be a problem when we eventually do want to update.
I just wanted to mention this. Though, the mod itself seems like it might be interesting and useful, I'm not so sure about getting it.
CannibalKon
MC name: Cannibal_Kon

As Mish has said, this mod does look interesting and while it would be nice to add those few extra (hah) things to Toro, it wouldn't work well for the server since most of the functions and items are already done by carpenter's blocks or Decocraft. Personally, I don't believe we need this mod as it would add a lot of the blocks we already have or have ways of creating and it would just make Toro harder for people with lower-end computers.
greenjoe12345

ah, yes, the mod does add tons and tons of new blocks, maybe if there is a mod kinda like XtraBlocks, but smaller, if it even exists because we would only need a few block slots for new block, if we need any at all :)

Return to “Idea Archives”