Renee Hartman - Villain Application [2/2 Ref.]

EpicKetchup
MC name: EpicKetchup

Renee Hartman - Villain Application [2/2 Ref.]

MC Name: EpicKetchup
Character Name: Renee "Bolt" Hartman
Character's Age: 19
Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Why do you believe you are such alignment?: Renee is whimsical. She does what she does because she wants to. Her childhood, filled with ever constant travelling, gave her a general sense of aloofness towards her fellow human beings and instilled a strong sense of independency. Fed up with trying to acclimatize herself to each region's different rule-set, she eventually gave up and decided in her teen years that the only set of rules she would follow would be her own. It would be the only steadfast aspect of her life (save for the constant companionship of her first Pixelmon) for the rest of her teenage years.
However, in spite of her rebellious tendencies, she does not go out of her way to help or hurt others. It's all a matter of convenience to her - neither good nor evil are relevant when making a decision. She does things because she wants to, screw the consequences! She's young, hitting the prime of her life and yet so much to see and do… come on! YOLO!!! Let's see if we can increase the explosive radius of an Electrode's Explosion!
Character Race: Human
Have you read and are familiar with all server rules and villain rules?: Yes, indeed!

What specific evils does your character plan on commiting? List the number of each Evil you would like to be considered for, and specifically when/why you need them:
  • Evil 1: Locking-Picking & Theft & Breaking & Entering
    Renee is no petty thief, but if she needs a new capacitor to power up a machine (located in a building that she just broke into, of course.), she'll think nothing of 'borrowing' it from a nearby research centre or the nearest poor sod who happens to carry one. She may or may not return the capacitor later, however. (( Basically, I'm not going to steal things randomly for no reason at all. ))
  • Evil 2: Arson/Destruction of Property
    *See above note on increasing the explosive radius of an Electrode's Explosion*
    Most of what motivates Renee is the ever-gnawing hunger to know. And while her experiments are conducted in a professional and orderly manner that would make a scientist proud, who is to say that the results aren't a… blast to find out? And is it really right to blame her for the inferno that happened when she was trying to measure how ground pepper affects the temperature and range of a Charmeleon's flamethrower? (( Most of the destruction will come in the form of messed up rooms, a crater or two here in the wilderness… usually just the unforeseen consequences of science related shenanigans. ))
  • Evil 3: Corruption
    Sometimes, when her experiments get a little out of hand… she'll need something to make someone look the other way. Last she heard, the shine from coins acted as a good distraction!
What sort of Villain are you looking to be?: The playful, cheery rogue that is as likely to look upon you as a friend than the next person to 'borrow' something from. Also the eccentric scientist whose experiments may or may not be legal and/or dangerous. Hungry for knowledge, with a mischievous side to her, Renee will more than likely cause a little chaotic fun for those around her.
Why do you as a player wish to play a villain?: It's fun! :D And it gives me a little more freedom in the RP that I can do. I've also noticed that the server is a little... battle-event heavy and would like to offer events that anyone could involve themselves in regardless of belt-level. And while I do admit that it is fun to test your belts out with another trainer to see the effectiveness of it, I personally would enjoy matching IC-wits with someone (That and I also have a low-level belt compared to others, hehe~) or finding out creative ways to solve a problem.

Biography: (3-5 paragraphs)
'The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.' - Arthur Schopenhauer.
And when Renee is bored, she is bored. Her job as the Research Assistant at Pix Co. allowed her a little more freedom to what she could and could not do in regards to contributing to science as a whole, but it was just lacking. Not that she didn't like her boss/partner, mind you. Profession von Schwarzenstein was more than accommodating to her need to get out and move and she busied herself with trekking around the edges of the swamp, fighting off nausea as she scribbled in observations.
But there was something distinctly lacking from this scenario.
She was furthering a good cause, she knew, but did it have to be so painfully slow? Then again, looking at the number of researchers they have employed at the Pix Co. headquarters was enough of an answer for her. It was a pity that so little seemed to be interested in the wonderful realm of science. Most trainers these days see Pixelmon as little more than tools to further their ego by battling others for supremacy. What ever happened to simply taking in a Pixelmon simply because you were interested in it and you wanted to take care of it as it took care of you? But, no. She has the heart of a romantic and existed in a ever-changing world.
Marking the umpteenth time a Grimer got absorbed into a Muk, a stray thought tickled her mind. 'Hey… just how big can that Muk get? Well, they are normally about one and a half meters tall from what I can remember… And then it just stops growing, stop feeding and absorbing. 'But what if you do the opposite. Split the Muk into little tiny version of itself? Each with the same power and capabilities. What if you could constantly clone a Muk?'
The idea now anchored firmly within her mind, Renee whistled to her Parasect to come closer and instructed it on precisely what to do. Clutching a vial in its pincers, the Parasect than proceeds to waddle out towards the Muk as Renee rubbed her hands eagerly.
Finally, science worthy of her time and energy.
What moral boundaries does your character have, if any? Renee draws the line at cold-blooded killing. Killing in the act of self-defence is acceptable for her, though. In addition, she will not put her Pixelmon in harm's way deliberately.
What are some notable strengths of your character? Energetic and hard-working, Renee isn't afraid of taking on tasks that may be a challenge to her. When the going gets tough, you will find her in the thick of the fray fighting teeth and nail for victory. She is earnest, with a true passion for science and a youthful innocence that may charm or lead others to her cause. Carefree to a fault, Renee isn't quite affected by stress at all. She can also play a wicked tune on a saxophone. Swing, baby, swing!
What are some notable weaknesses of your character? A little headstrong at times, her tendency to throw herself face-first into a situation normally leads her into biting off more than she could chew. Her confidence in her own abilities and disregard for the local laws could also land her into some legal trouble which she could have easily avoided if she had thought things through. She is also a sucker for jazz music and can be easily bribed by the prospect of getting her hands on a rare book or the newest technology has to offer.
Is your character loyal or does he turn around and back stab people? To what extent? Utterly loyal to her cause, her Pixelmon and the very few people she feels a close bond to. Otherwise, if she wants something from someone, all bets are off!

Open Response
Answer these five questions IC as if you were accepted for the evils you applied for. We will be watching for power-gaming, meta-gaming or anything unrealistic.

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large man you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next?
Seeing as this was an apartment that she had broken into and not her own (she still doesn't have a place to call home yet - she either camps outside in the wilderness in a sleeping bag or crashes at the Pixelmon Center), Renee raises her hands in a soothing manner as she attempts to block the view of the woman while her Leafeon roots through her belt and takes the Pixelball for her Parasect from it. Thank goodness the Professor told her to take a thorough study on the insectoid Pixelmon! If successful, Leafeon should deploy Parasect, who promptly tries to cover both the woman and her bodyguard in a fine layer of sleeping spores. And if that is successful, she'll drag the now unconscious humans away from the door and lock up the apartment she'd broken into before leaving the scene.

While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next?
She would sidle up to them real quiet-like, trying not to take too much of the attention to herself and try to make out more details of the operation. If it involves science, such as evidence of ruins or a new invention about to be unveiled in the public, she would happily offer her services. If not, she would just attempt to slink away without too much trouble. Of course, if it goes go south, she'll attempt to just bolt out of the area and make a break for it.

An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next?
"Aww shoo~ Easy now, ol'Lady… ya don't have to be waving 'round that handbag no more… All them Pixelmon fainted already…" Thinking that the old woman has beaten all the Pixelmon unconscious with her purse, Renne would then proceed to try and cajole the old woman to follow her to the nearest hospital. "Come on… let's get ya to the nearest hospital and get yaself checked out." She would then pat herself on the back for doing society a favour by bringing back a dangerous, senile old lady back to civilization, where a closer watch could be kept on her.

Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next?
Simple. Renee would do her best to sneak up behind the maniacally laughing duo without them noticing and push them into the very pit they had presumably dug out themselves. And then pull out her camera to take a picture of both the victims and Team Noir, making a beeline towards the office of the Toro Times to submit the embarrassing photo.
However, if she is seen and gets pulled into a fight, she'll bring out her Pixelmon team to attack the Team Noir members. If she loses, she will run as fast as she can away from the scene. If she wins, she'll tie the Team Noir members up, help the two victims from the pit and push the tied-up Team Noir members into it before taking a photo and bringing it to the Toro Times.

A while walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next?
Oh, no! That has her grocery list in it - she needs it back or else she'll never remember the brand of Pixelmon Food to give to her Arcanine! He's such a picky eater… Speaking of her Arcanine. "Let's go, boy!" She whistles, throwing out the Pixelball that contains her Arcanine. "Fetch my wallet! I've written the food brand that ya liked in it and I don't remember what it was!" With a woof of acknowledgement, her Arcanine leaps away quickly, chasing after the youth as its dinner was on the line. It shouldn't take too long after that.

EDIT: Thank you for accepting this! :D
Last edited by EpicKetchup on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MystiaLorelei
MC name: Mystia_lorlei

Re: Renee Hartman - Villain Application [0/2 Ref.]

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC?
Indeed~ I have for roughly five years now~ And IC'ly our characters work closely together and operate as a unit~

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules?
Without waivering, Epic has always been a by the book sort, She will do so to the "T"

Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP?
Not once, in five years has she allowed her OOC to affect RP, this gal is a rock, and a fine roleplayer if I say so myself~

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win?
But of course! She knows RP isn't about winning or losing! its about fun and crafting a story~ We all win some and lose some, tis the reality of RP~

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone?
As far as I have heard, her RP is well received among those that get to RP with her, she was always a community favorite in all our past servers~

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?
Indeed~ Epic has set it up so that, the evil deeds are well within the realm of plausibility and has kept with her characters code of morality~ I see none wanting~

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.
haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

Re: Renee Hartman - Villain Application [1/2 Ref.]

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC?
I have run into Renee a few times, both as Curator Franc Ferrier and as my own character Xander Blaze.

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules?
Absolutely. From what I can tell, Epic's RP follows the rules quite meticulously.

Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP?
Not as I've seen. Epic seems to be very immersed in her character when she RPs.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win?
I believe so, yes. From her application, I can see that she anticipates that not everything will go her character's way, and realizes that there are repercussions to that.

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone?
Yes! I always enjoy RPing with her (and with Mystia, those two are inseparable~), and she brings the joy of good RP with her wherever she goes.

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?
As far as I can tell from the application, the evils she has chosen are not only relevant to the personality and ambitions of the character that is Renee, but they are also fair, and very specific as to how each one would apply to Renee's choices and actions.

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.
I don't have a screenshot, if I'd remembered she had a VA up I would've screened the RP we JUST HAD *sobs*
But I will try to provide screenshot(s) in the event that she doesn't get another reference before I RP with her again~

I love this App, and I'm glad my character won't be the only villain!~
haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

Re: Renee Hartman - Villain Application [1.5(?)/2 Ref.]

By the powers invested in me by the great and powerful Peach...

Your application is well-written, thorough, and hilarious! Congratulations, and may the forces of chaos be with you~
dekt
MC name: excadr1ll

Re: Renee Hartman - Villain Application [1.5(?)/2 Ref.]

I was actually going to make a point to RP with Renee again sometime and get screenshots for support of this. xD I guess it's too late for that, but here is my post-acceptance support for this application!

Return to “Accepted Applications”