Tide / Unit 023's VA

Do you think Tide would, as a villain, contribute positively to Toro's RP?

I believe he will contribute positively to Toro's RP.
63%
I do not believe he will contribue positively to Toro's RP.
38%

Total votes: 16

Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Tide / Unit 023's VA

Yes. Yes I did. The following is an IC document of mysterious origin (can't spoil all the surprises) that answers all but the open response section of the VA, which follows afterward. The sections are in order but labeled differently as one might expect.

Oh, and don't assume from the word 'Unit' that Tide is superhuman or a robot. He isn't, that'd be silly.

Open Response:

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large machoke you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next?

Tide would politely open the door and say, with his usual cheery smile and a stiff nod, “Good morning ma’am! I don’t believe we’ve met. Did I forget this season’s rent? I’m so sorry!” His voice is sincere, as usual, and he pulls a stack of bills from his pocket, holding them out, “This should cover it, right? I’ll remember next time, my apologies again.”

As the woman walks away, looking satisfied but still vaguely annoyed- after all, she’s an angry person and Tide is an 11 year old- Tide would memorize everything he hadn’t already noticed- the exact manner in which she walked, the height of the Machoke, the number of pixelballs her handbag appeared to be holding, approximate wealth from clothing labels and fabric quality, etc. He’d mumble to the Diglett beside him, “She’s probably between 37 and 42. Married twice but- no wait, she’s currently estranged from husband number 2, and she worries that the divorce settlement will not be adequate to keep her house. Watches too much television. Fan of Jimmy…” He frowns slightly, “And… aha. There it is. She’s not spoken to her oldest… probably only… son… in… 5 years? He’s in his 20s. Some sort of family dispute. She has regrets.”

He giggles, “You curious how I did that? Oh come on, lemme show off. Nobody’s around.” Tunnels would glare back and roll his eyes, with both exasperation and affection, knowing Tide would explain anyway. He does- “Age is easy, you know how I do that. Not just the face, her name- it was on her barbershop membership card in her wallet- narrowed it down further. Names go in cycles. Her ring finger’s skin was notably different where her ring used to go, but at two layers, with a more recent outer one, meaning she not only was married twice, but the second husband bought her a larger ring than the first. The way she fidgets with that hand shows she used to be fidgeting with her ring all the time, until she up and told the man she was leaving- she only still fidgets because she has additional worries, and money makes the most sense. The TV one was funny, she’s got that absurd hairdo, it’s so derivative. One of those sitcom Mom type things. Which gives away, along with the huge handbag and the child’s teeth marks on the Machoke’s pixelball, that she considers motherhood important, but those weren’t recent, and the photo of the kid in her wallet shows him at 15 but is developed on an older style of film that hasn’t been sold since the company went under 6 years ago. It’s worn to hell, but she still keeps it.” Tide bounces, excited at his investigative skills.

Tide brightens, “We can get out of this silly monthly extortion if we find the kid and fix their relationship. Or threaten to expose that she’s having an affair, ruining their relationship and probably the divorce settlement too. I guess we’ve got research to do, huh Tunnels?” Tide would sit down at his desk and begin writing what appears to be a flow chart.

While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next?

Tide shakes his head and sighs from across the room, muttering to Tunnels, “Morons. They’re doing it all wrong. And stealing is not nice at all. Sure looks like they’re going to get themselves caught soon anyway, so I think we might at least do everyone a favor and make it faster right?”
Tide would wink at Tunnels. Tunnels nods and burrows through the floorboards quietly. A rumbling is barely audible, before a large hold opens up under the table the men are sitting at. They both fall 3 meters into a large hole. Immediately after, Tide turns to the bartender and calls out, “Sir, could you check these two’s tabs? I have reason to believe they owe you.” This is a complete guess. However, it’s also a correct one, and moments later a bouncer and several angry looking fighting type pokemon manhandle the two out of the inn. Tide writes something down on a notebook and heads off, reminding himself to tell the RTMP later. Or track them down himself.

An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next?

Tide would, like any reasonable person, be horrified. He’d head over to the old woman immediately, offering her a hand with a sympathethic smile, “Hello ma’am! What happened here? May I help you at all?” He pulls out a boatload of pixelmon medicine and without being asked revives and heals all of her pixelmon, frowning with concern. When the old woman explained who did this, he’d make a mental note and, after several polite farewells, dash off to tell the authorities.

Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next?

Tide would glare determinedly at them before running up to them, signaling to Tunnels in advance.

The first grunt asks, “Ha. A kid. What ‘chu want here boy?”
The second looks evilly at the first, “We could throw him in too.”
Tide kicks the first right in the Voltorbs immediately to knock him off guard. Tunnels suddenly pops out of the ground behind the second grunt and shoves him into the hole while Tide jumps back from the first before saying in a steely, if high-pitched, voice, “You’re a bad person Mister! You’ll pay!”
The first grunt, recovering slightly from the kick, swings a big fist at Tide’s head, only for Tide to duck, putting him off balance. Tide doesn’t move quite fast enough and the grunt connects with a big kick to Tide’s chest that sends him sprawling into the dirt.
Meanwhile, in the hole, Tunnels has already quietly snuck the victims of the trap into small adjacent holes he made on the spot. He returns just in time to bite the grunts foot, giving Tide an opening to push him into the hole too.

Tide would call down to those needing rescuing, “It’ll be ok! I promise! Just gimme one minute!”
With Tunnels’s help, he’d move to rescue the original victims of the attack.

A while walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next?

Tide isn’t stupid, and he noticed his wallet was gone. He’s quite perceptive. He mumbles to Tunnels, “Keep walking… I know you want to nab him too Tunnels but just wait… wait for it… wait… 30 seconds he’ll turn the corner and be in front of the sewer entrance, I’m going to knock the cover- 25- out of position and you’ll have time to pull the fire hydrant across the street the moment he’s- 20- between it and the hole… go.” Tide rushes up an alley running parallel to the street, back in the kid’s direction, and barely manages to lift the heavy manhole cover before the kid turns a street corner and comes into view. The kid pauses before the manhole, noticing it just before he would’ve fallen into it… and Tide jumps back as Tunnels opens the fire hydrant just in time, sending a blast of water that knocks the thief off of his feet, causing him to slip and tumble onto his butt and right into the sewer entrance, landing with a yelp of pain and shock.

Tide grins and cracks his knuckles, calling down, “Now you’re where you belong, scum!”
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

Re: Tide / Unit 023's VA

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC?

I do! He is a good friend of mine, and I've worked with him a whole bunch, including on the GM team, events, stuff about lore, and even on problems that keep the server held together. He cares greatly about Toro and wants the best for it and all of our players. When not catering to his real life obligations, he is on Toro helping however he can.

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules?

I can tell you without a doubt he will follow the VA rules, despite the fact he's a GM which has him not breaking the rules anyway. He also has a current VA on his Theo Ross character, and he has never broken any rules - VA or otherwise - on that character since it was created, let alone since he got accepted for that VA. I trust him completely.

Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP?

I have never seen or heard anything about Snow breaking character or letting any OOC interactions influence his RP. He is very true to his characters, letting them go their own course based on what happens in RP and not even smudging it to suit his own needs at all. Very often has he apprehensive about what's happening during an RP, saying things like, "I did not see that coming" (referring to actions his own character took) or "I didn't mean for that to happen; I don't know what [name]'s going to do next; I'm sorry" because he doesn't solely control his characters and determine their outcomes. He just lets what's gonna happen happen. That has been shown time and time again in his RP, so no, I fully believe he will not break character or bring OOC interactions into RP.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win?

He has and does more often than not actually! His characters come with a plethora of weaknesses that often outnumber the strengths, and even when you might think his character has an advantage over yours, there are many options for you to turn the situation around and pull through unscathed. If I remember correctly, there hasn't been a time where Theo has won a fight that hasn't involved Reaper Z or someone who was willingly shocked. His characters may seem fancy and powerful to others, but Snow makes sure they are plenty vulnerable and will gladly admit to a defeat in RP.

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone?

I find his RP to be very fun and interesting, and so many people adore Theo, Tide, and especially Putty and find their interactions with others to be very enjoyable! Snow was an ET-C for a long time before becoming a GM, and our players have seemed to really enjoy the events he has coordinated (except maybe for that maze - you all know what I'm talking about). His characters are always quirky and fun and will often have you laughing at many points during an RP. I'm really excited about Tide and the RP he'll bring because he's so adorable on the outside, but there is obviously some dark past that has yet to be revealed that I think will be really intriguing to characters and players alike.

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?

I believe them to be entirely relevant! Snow has talked with me privately about Tide and told me all the spoliery stuff that has been blackened out in his VA, and it all makes sense with his character and the backstory. He's not some cliché anime trope, I can assure you all. It was a story I didn't expect, and I was pretty surprised by it. I can't wait for it to be revealed further!

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.
Tdf88
MC name: Tdf88

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC?
I sure do! I've known him for months and I believe we pretty much speak on a daily basis these days. His character, Theo, is one of the people I've racked up the most rp hours with. I know him very well, and he cares a lot for Toro.

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules?
He will most definitely follow the VA rules. He's already got a VA on Theo and he hasn't broken a single rule yet. Plus, he's a GM so I would be incredibly surprised if he broke any of the rules.

Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP?
Never. I've never see him bring OOC into the RP, regardless of what's going on in the RP. I've rp'd with him and spoken to him enough OOC to know that his characters behave how they would behave, not how he wants them to behave.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win?
I've seen him do it many times before. He abides by what has happened in the rp and does not stray from it in order to have his character come out on top. More often then not, I don't see his character come out on top. Despite Theo's powers, he's quick to point out his many flaws and how to properly exploit them should a situation arise.

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone?
Most definitely, I wouldn't roleplay with him so much if it wasn't so much fun. His characters are fun, his events are fun (but kitty's right...that maze...*shudders*), I've already had a great time roleplaying with Tide, so yes his RP is fun for everyone involved.

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?
From what I've heard about Tide and what we've discussed, these evils seem very relevant to his backstory, even if they don't appear that way at the moment. I'm looking forward for the big reveal even if it is detrimental to Tidy.
atonofkittys

All righty, this VA has been locked for review!
atonofkittys

All righty! We've finished reviewing and now will present our verdict. We really liked the idea for this character, as it's something that's not been done on the server, and on top of that, you're really trustworthy and a good RP'er.

SO, without further ado... Tide's VA has been...

We're excited to see what happens whenever the curtain is drawn and stuff starts goin' down! We trust you to do a wonderful job and provide a good, interesting RP for the server. Have fun!

Return to “Accepted Applications”