Leonard Duke's Villain Application

Would Leonard be a good villain?

I believe he would contribute to Toro's RP in a positive way.
93%
I no not believe he would be a good villain.
7%

Total votes: 14

J102ede
MC name: j102ede

Leonard Duke's Villain Application

General Questions

MC Name: FollowTheBuzzard

Character Name: Leonard Duke

Character's Age: 25

Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Why do you believe you are such alignment?
At the moment Leonard will do whatever it is that he sees beneficial to either himself or his 'family' in general. Whether or not that specific thing is seen as 'evil' or 'good' will change it just depends on what will benefit himself and the 'family' the most.

Character Race: Cult Leader.

Have you read and are familiar with all server rules and villain rules? Yes I have

What specific evils does your character plan on commiting? List the number of each Evil you would like to be considered for, and specifically when/why you need them:

1. Lock-picking & Theft & Breaking & Entering (doors and hatches)

Lock-picking, and Breaking and Entering would be used a lot more than theft. After all what fun would a cult be without the occasional breaking in and kidnapping people to force into the cult! With the players permission of course. Aside from the occasional kidnapping Leonard would do whatever it is he can for the benefit of his 'family' which may include the occasional theft in order to get money or items to sell. This one would be used very very less than the other 'evils' in the application and isn't too important, the only important part being the breaking and entering.

3. Chaos/Deception/Conning

Based on the way he grew up and his 'profession' Leonard has been deceiving and conning people for a very, very long time. After all not a lot of people willingly join cults, especially one technically without some type of god they follow, aside from Leo that is. A large number of the people he's managed to get into the cult in other regions and even the very few he did manage to get to join in Toro were all deceived into joining it. Being told that its just a group that looks after one another, that Leo only refers to it as his 'family' because of how close to each other they were. He's also not above starting protests, whether they're violent or not, as well as riots for no reason at all besides the fact that he finds it fun. He enjoys the chaos it brings, the unsettling feeling it gives people of whether or not their government is truly doing things with the citizens best interests in mind.

4. Corruption

Leonard himself is extremely anti establishment, only really dealing with the government when its needed to benefit his 'family'. But he is not in anyway above bribing or manipulating a member of a region's government if it just happens to be in his 'families' best interest. Besides government employees Leonard's learned that even your ordinary run of the mill people can be bribed as well. I mean who doesn't love getting more possessions or money.

What sort of Villain are you looking to be?:

Why do you as a player wish to play a villain?

I personally have been itching to play a villain for a long time now actually and tried to before with this character but didn't devote enough time to the character the first time. As well I've been playing pretty much the same "good guy" characters the entire time I've been on the server and sort of want to try something new. And apparently from what I've been told on other rp sites I've been on, as well as with some wrestling stuff that I can explain further if anyone's interested im really good at playing the bad guy.

Biography: (3-5 paragraphs)

Leonard grew up with his father, a father whose footsteps Leonard would follow in. His father was also the leader of a cult, Leo being the child of the cult's leader and one of its members. From a young age his father, Alexander groomed him up to be a successful leader later on in his life. Alexander frequently referred to the cult as their 'Family' when he was around Leo, trying to teach the child from a young age that there was nothing wrong at all with what they were doing and that all he should treat all of the members as his own family.

Only once did Leo try to leave the 'Family', around the age of thirteen he simply grew bored of the somewhat sheltered life he was forced to live and tried to run away from the 'Family'. In order to see what awaited him on the other side. He didn't make it very far before one of the other members of his 'Family' caught him and brought Leo back to his father. While his father wasn't angry at his son for trying to leave, since they believed everyone would get curious at one point in their lives and try to leave. Alexander still had to make an example of his son, to teach the other 'sheep', as Alexander often referred to the newer members of the 'Family', that they shouldn't try to stray too far from their pastures.

In order to set the example Leo ended up being whipped over and over by his father. Not once during the whippings did Leonard shed a tear, something that caught the attention of two other members of their 'Family' two members who were younger than Leonard himself was. The members were named, Isabelle and Aaron, over time the three of them grew close together, spending most of their time together. Which was also something that Leonard's father kept a close eye on.

At the age of twenty-two Alexander called Leonard, Isabelle and Aaron out to the front of the gates to the settlement their 'Family' lived in. Over time the three of them naturally matured as children often do, Leonard grew a bit taller, more muscular, and grew a beard, besides the scars left behind on his back from the whipping those were the only major changes between thirteen year old Leonard and Twenty-Two year old Leonard. Aaron on the other hand had grown extremely tall compared to the other two, now standing at a height of six feet and five inches, he also ended up having his head shaved completely bald, as well as his face so that he wouldnt grow a beard of his own. Isabelle was like Leonard, not changing too much, only letting her bright red hair grow longer, down to the end of her back and grew a bit taller, being five feet and five eight inches tall now.

The reason they were called to the gate was a simple one. Alexander decided that now would be a good time to set the three of them loose, to go start their own 'Family' off in another region. With Leonard as the head of this new 'Family'. And with that the three ended up being set on board a ship to a region known as Toro, to start their own family there.

After not having much success in Toro the trio left to more regions. Leaving their mark behind on each region, as more and more people had decided to join Leonard's 'Family'. After awhile of traveling Leonard would grow uneasy at the fact that they had left a region alone, that they had left a region uninfluenced by everything they could offer. With that feeling in mind Leonard, Isabelle and Aaron headed back to Toro, planning to leave their mark this time.

What moral boundaries does your character have, if any?

Thanks to the environment Leonard was raised in he has no moral boundaries what so ever and will do literally whatever he possibly can do that will benefit his 'family'. Being raised in a violent cult gave Leonard an entirely different outlook on the world than most people would have. His occasional hallucinations and his uncontrollable ego
don't help it out either, giving Leonard the idea that he can do whatever it is that he pleases.

What are some notable strengths of your character?

Some notable strengths of Leonard's would be his ability to deceive people, his mind state and his so called 'profession'. First I'll start with his profession, being a leader of a cult has plenty of perks, one of which being extremely dedicated followers. A decent amount of which would be willing to lay down their lives for their ideals or leader, luckily for Leonard all of their ideals also happen to come directly from his mind. Leo has been deceiving people for as long as he can remember, telling people exactly what their pretty little minds want to hear so that they'll take a liking to him. So that they'll grow more attached to him, and then eventually they become one of him. With a combination of his hallucinations, 'god complex' and the environment he was raised in Leonard has a very twisted way of thinking about things. Something that can cause him to be pretty darn unpredictable at some times, something which can either be a strength or a weakness depending on the circumstances.

What are some notable weaknesses of your character?

Leonard has a few notable weaknesses I can think of off the top of my head. One of which would be the same as one of his strengths, that being his mindset. He's very unpredictable and does most of his actions on the fly without giving it much thought. Another one would be any time he's out in public giving a speech. Leonard freely lets everyone know when he's going to give a speech, whether or not the speech is just for his 'family' or not he lets anyone who pleases come view it. After all he wants people to join the cult, so letting people hear his speeches might be beneficial to him. But it also leaves him out in the open as a target for anyone who wishes to capture or maybe even attack him. Leonard's also not the best pixelmon trainer around, while he does have the occasional strong pixelmon so far most of his aren't pixelmon people naturally assume to be powerful such as his Fearow.

Is your character loyal or does he turn around and back stab people? To what extent?

Leonard is loyal to a fault to all his brothers and sisters in his 'family' and is willing to do literally anything at all that he can to protect them. If theres something Leonard is capable of doing that will benefit his 'family' in some type of way, whether it be spiritually, financially or in any other way Leonard will make sure to do it.

Open Response
Answer these five questions IC as if you were accepted for the evils you applied for. We will be watching for power-gaming, meta-gaming or anything unrealistic.

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large machoke you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next?

Leonard couldn't help but burst into laughter as the woman jabbed at his chest. Completely ignoring the woman's machoke he would suddenly put on the biggest grin possible for the woman. "Oh I am such a scatterbrain...thats what its called right? Well either way I have your rent right on in here...ma'am." The man muttered out as he stepped aside, leaving plenty room for the woman to walk inside. If the woman did come inside to retrieve the rent Leonard would shut the door behind her. Insisting that there wasn't enough room to fit the machoke through the door as well Leonard would wait for a brief moment before locking the door behind him. While Leonard locked the door his large Ariados would drop down from the ceiling around the corner before scurrying out the window with a pixelball on its back. Once outside the Ariados would release Leonard's Fearow Samael out of the pixelball, the Fearow going to attack the Machoke outside. While Leonard would be inside talking to the lady, trying to get her to join his 'family' peaceful. But of course if she turned down the offer she'd get to join the family...forcefully.

While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next?

Leonard leaned back in his chair as he heard the two men talk about a heist, trying to lean back more to test if it was a rocking chair he'd sigh a bit as he realized it wasn't. The man would then climb up to his feet and head over to where the two men were talking, before sitting down with the men. Leo would then throw his feet up on the table, laughing to himself as he look between the two men, only to take his feet off the table again and lean forward closer to the two planners. "See here...you two should talk a biiiit lower man, before the whole inn hears your plan. Now, you're lucky I overheard it and not the wrong person...I'll spare you this time." He said, laughing even more before shaking his head. "Now I'm a man with many many friends, many allies...I can find one to assist you both in this so called heist and deliver them to you. All I ask for in return..." Leo muttered out just quiet enough for the other two to hear as he leaned forward more, putting his arms up on the table. "Is a favor from each of you, a favor I can call on any time that I please."

An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next?

"Is she worth it.." Leonard Duke muttered to himself as he heard the woman call out for help. Instead of heading over right away he would simply look around and see if there were any others in the area. Once he found out he was the only one in the area besides the old woman Leonard would chuckle to himself, rubbing a hand through his hair as he looked the old woman up and down once more. Debating on if she would be any use to him, after all she was old already, she wouldn't last much longer and couldn't benefit his 'family'. With that in mind Leonard would keep on walking the old woman not being of any concern to him anymore he'd simply pass her on by and continue to wherever he was going before the woman bothered to speak to him.

Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next?

For the moment Leonard would listen to what was going on. Mumbling rapidly to himself as he stood there, debating on whether or not the people were worth helping. After a bit of time thinking Leonard would reach down for two pixelballs, deciding to atleast scare the two people dressed in black and red off. "Lets show them our wrath..." he muttered out to the two pixelballs as he threw them out near the two people, his large Ariados popping out of one, his even larger shiny Golurk emerging from the other one. The Golruk would stand still, staring down at the two people in black and red. While the Ariados began twitching violently, its head tilting back and forth to the sides as it stared down the two Team Noir members. The Golurk would then simply reach down with its two large hands, scooping up a Team Noir member in each hand, while Leonard made his way over to the pit hole. Sitting down on the side of the hole he'd dangle his feet above the trapped people, the twitching Ariados making its way over to Leonard, standing next to its trainer as it peered down into the hole as well. The man would sit on the edge of the hole for a bit of time, debating on whether or not the people were worthy enough to help. After debating out loud to himself about their worth he'd eventually come to the conclusion that even if they were stupid enough to get caught in the pit hole trap he could always help them not fall for the trap next time. He could always help better them, he could always help turn them into something great. Now all of his thoughts about helping them were being spoken out loud by the man, loud enough for the two trapped people as well as the Team Noir grunts to hear. "All you have to do is join me.." Leonard would finish saying with a laugh as he cocked his head to the side, staring down at the two trapped people as he waited for their reply. If they agreed to join him he'd help them out with the Ariados' web, if they didn't agree them he'd just simply leave them there. Either way after they were either helped out or left there the Golurk would keep a hold on the Team Noir members...Leonard deciding to keep those two for the moment, after all he had ways of forcing people to convert.

A while walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next?

Once the boy scowled at him Leonard would burst out into a fit of laughter, shaking his head rapidly as the boy walked away. The man would then start to walk after the boy, walking as fast as he could to catch up, once he was caught up Leo would then throw his arm casually around the boy's shoulder. Laughing still as he looked down at the boy, "So you're a thief huh..see you just stole something from me." After saying that Leonard would pull the boy closer to him as he walked with the boy, still keeping his arm around his shoulder. "See heres the thing..when you steal from me you steal from my family. Which is a terrible, terrible thing to do." The man chuckled a bit before shaking his head, still debating on what to do with the boy. "Now usually I would...hurt someone for stealing from my family." He added, not trying to give away too many details of what exactly the boy would have coming for him. "But i'm in a good mood kid. So you have two choices, either come with me or well you'll find out what I meant by hurting someone." After saying that Leonard would simply keep walking with his arm's around the boy's shoulder, grinning widely as he awaited an answer. With either answer Leonard was sure he'd have fun with what would come around depending on how the kid answered the very generous offer Leo extended him.
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

Re: Leonard Duke's Villain Application

This VA has now been locked for review!
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

Re: Leonard Duke's Villain Application

Sorry for the wait! We're all excited to see what this creepy cult man does to Toro! Your VA has been...

Return to “Accepted Applications”