Richard Carpenter's VA

Will this Villain bring interesting RP to Toro?

YES this Villain will deliver
100%
NO this villain will not deliver
No votes

Total votes: 12

TheMADRinger
MC name: ReivaXavier

Richard Carpenter's VA

General Questions

MC Name: ReivaXavier

Character Name: Richard Carpenter

Character's Age: 28-29

Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Why do you believe you are such alignment? He's not really willing to do evil. He is a con-artist. He is self serving and deceitful but isn't going to really murder for his goal he'll just be a puppet master.

Character Race: Human!

Have you read and are familiar with all server rules and villain rules? Yessum

What specific evils does your character plan on commiting? List the number of each Evil you would like to be considered for, and specifically when/why you need them:

Lock-picking & Theft & Breaking & Entering (doors and hatches) : Perhaps something is suppose to go missing, a family heirloom, a precious memory, or even a simple teddy bear to keep the monsters away. To get more business or maybe to snuff out competition he's going take what he needs and plant evidence where it needs to be.

Chaos/Deception/Conning : The Bread and Butter of Richard. He is a con-man at heart and with times being tough and with no business it's time he needs to start making business. Using a variety of his ghost pixelmon, his Hypno, and his own person charm he is going to shape the mind of those around him to either garner him more money, business, or standing among the people.

What sort of Villain are you looking to be?: A con-man willing to warp the minds to get him that sweet cash.

Why do you as a player wish to play a villain?: I feel that I can bring a new slice to this villian pie. We've seen the forces of nature, the murderers, the cults, and even our own government, but in my time I haven't really seen a manipulator and I wish to bring that to our tables.

Biography: (3-5 paragraphs)

At a young age Richard Carpenter wanted what every young man wanted, to be a pixelmon champion! So one evening when his parents were asleep he snuck out and into the field searching. Soon his time payed off and he was faced with a sleeping Drowzee. With no pixelmon of his own at the time he had to throw every ball he had, quickly angering the pixelmon but soon landing him the catch. The two were not fast friends, in fact for the first month or so he found that his Drowzee was more apt to send him nightmares rather than to eat them away. This awoke a passion in the older Richard, Psychology.

Studying the body is a boring thing and can only go so far, Richard would argue. He saw an infinite potential in the mind and was ready to mold this clay to his desire. Years past and soon he was a graduate with the highest honors. This however was where his rise ended. The field was a joke and he found work hard to come by. There were no luxurious fat-cats willing to pay the man to just listen to them talk, they wanted cold hard results and popped pills with the willingness of a Munchlax. No, the clients that Richard found were lower-middle class families in the suburbs. Sure the prospect and wonder of a new horizon were the thing to get a person hook but where was the point? Where was the money he deserved for his hard times, for his long times, for his time in general? Well this time was not wasted as Richard found during a session.

It was a hot afternoon and he was yet again in another stuffy home. The child he was thrown really had nothing wrong. His parents were far to protective of the boy and what was normal behavior to most parents was a cry for help to them and needed to be answered. Sweating through his dressings Richard made his way to the restroom. He splashed cold water on his face and summed up the courage to demand more for his time than the piddly sum he was getting. After dabbing the water from his face he marched up to the mother and very politely asked to increase the wage he was getting from them. Now normally this woman would be hard pressed to even give a single nickle to a passing beggar but in a strange turn of mood, she agreed. Dumbstruck it actually work Richard pushed the boundary a little farther and once again, she agreed. Excusing himself he stepped outside and saw something, or rather, someone standing behind a tree. It was his Drowzee, now a Hypno, and he was staring intently at the house with pendulum swinging from side to side. Now a bright man Richard pieced two and two together, but he had to try.

He asked the Hypno to wait at least 5 minuets before resuming it's task. During the intermission he struck up a conversation with the man of the household. At first it was chit chat but Richard then mentioned that he was strapped for cash and was awfully hungry, he asked the man if he could perhaps stay for dinner. Before the time was up the man whole-heartily refused saying that it was absurd for a man of Richard's stature to ask for such a thing. But the time soon drew to a close, Richard having been counting in his head, asked the man again. This time, success. After a lovely home cooked meal Richard and his pixelmon saw themselves out and the two had hatched a plan. This wasn't mind controlling, no such a thing is impossible, but this power of suggestion was just their ticket to the life they wanted, needed, deserved.

What moral boundaries does your character have, if any? He's never going to kill a person, he's a con-artist not the bloody mafia. He will never ask anyone to do anything against the law. Really he's not out looking to terrorize anyone he's just a business man who sees himself deserving of a better life, though, that doesn't mean he won't terrorize if that'll get him some cash.

What are some notable strengths of your character? His charisma is the biggest and his beard.

What are some notable weaknesses of your character? Well apart from being just a man? His willingness to screw people over to get ahead in life. Even as a con he can have moments of deep regret sending him into a depression of sorts.

Is your character loyal or does he turn around and back stab people? To what extent? He is as loyal as his wallet will let him be. The whole motive behind him is that when times are good, he's good, but when times get rough he wants to ensure he can place food on his table and pay his rent.

Open Response
Answer these five questions IC as if you were accepted for the evils you applied for. We will be watching for power-gaming, meta-gaming or anything unrealistic.

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large machoke you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next?

"Madam please you seem stressed come inside and I can get your rent." The two enter as Richard makes a slight nod at Seigmen who is in the room adjacent to them, his penduleum sways back and forth staring at the woman. "I'm sorry but, it appears to be I spent the last of my money on food, I'm sure you can understand." The woman scoffs and shakes her head demanding that he pay her next week double what he owes, after which she storms out. "Well of course," he smiles at Seigmen "So this makes what, thrice what I owe her?" he chuckles lightly and closes the door to his house.

While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next?

"Insomnia go see what they are talking about." The gengars nods and vanishes into the next room. After a moment she returns and writes out what they were discussing along with their descriptions. "I think the RTMP was looking for these fellows. Come along Insomnia we have a reward to collect, you stay behind and make sure they don't go anywhere, alright?" With a devious grin the Gengar vanishes again and nervous murmurs muffle through the wall, silence, and then screams of terror and the rattling of a door desperatly trying to be opened.

An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next?

"Madam are you hurt!?" He rushes to her side calling out Klepto his Sableye. She shakes her head mentioning something about some scamp in a red hat and a blue coat randomly challenging her to a battle and leaving her with all her beloveds in this condition. Klepto hands the lady her purse and smiles happily. "Would you like me to accompany you to a center?" He offers helping her up. She accepts his offer and pats the dust off of herself. She digs around in her purse and swears "What is the mater?" She tells Richard of a precious item to her, her husbands glasses, he had passed recently and she was on the way to his grave. "Well I'm sure they'll turn up somewhere." She hopes so saying that whoever returned it would likely get a nice reward, he glances over at Klepto, the glasses hiding in her mouth gently as she smiles. He smiles back and they walk to the center talking about this, reward.

Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next?

"Dinky, punish them." Richard tosses out his Aerodactyl who rushes the grunts chasing them off. He makes his way to the hole and calls down "Are you okay!?" The voices cry back that they just want to get out, but are otherwise alright, no broken bones or anything. After having Dinky flying back down into the hole a couple of times the people in the pit are back on solid ground. Very thankful Richard smiles and lets them go, directing them to Ferrite. As they go Dinky nudges Richard a little and he frowns "What, they were in a bad bind, and besides they might need some therapy who knows, I'm not /that/ bad of a guy." he laughs and recalls Dinky.

A while walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next?

As the boy is walking past the forest leading to Cobalt he see's Richard standing among the trees. When the boy blinks he's gone. Shrugging the teen turns and is face to face with an angry Richard. Back peddling the teen swears "Give it back." Richard holds out his hand frowning. Telling him to shove off the boy turns and finds Richard in his face again "Give back what you took from me or else." He growls. The boy goes to punch Richard and finds his punch caught. Slowly the visage of Richard begins to decay and grow horrifying. Near where Richard was bumped he still stand smiling as the terrified screams of the boy echo. Soon a very happy Gengar comes back with his wallet, with a few extra dollars. Richard counts the money and shrugs "Dirty thief."
tiffmagius
MC name: tiffmagius

Re: Richard Carpenter's VA

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC? Yes! I've known him for years OOCly and RP'd with him a lot ICly!

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules? Yes, even though he jokes a lot, he's very responsible.

Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP? No! He never has, not that I can see.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win? Yes. His 'villain' on our old server definitely was in a lot of situations he didn't win.

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone? Yes, I think so. I certainly enjoy it.

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones? Yes! Especially the conning part, I know for sure that is very close to his character.

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.
This is an ooooooold RP from when we first joined the server. I thought it sort of showed how he reacts to situations like this. vuv
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7rppye.png
discord: tiffy#4730
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

This VA has now been locked for review!
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

-drum roll-
I love the premise for your villain. Toro's been needing a good villain that plays with the mind instead of using force to get what they want. Also, the more neutral stance will be a nice change! I look forward to seeing you torturing the minds of the poor citizens of Toro and making all the pix. Your VA has been...

Return to “Accepted Applications”