Johnny Summers/Blackslash - 'Villain' Application [10/10!]

Do you think this player will add fair and villainous RP?

I do believe this player will add fair and enjoyable Villainous RP.
91%
I do not believe this player contributes to the communities' RP.
9%

Total votes: 11

SparkeySummers
MC name: ___

Johnny Summers/Blackslash - 'Villain' Application [10/10!]

Spring 28th, year 998. 17 miles west of a small village.

"Find the notes, and make sure they don't see the light of day." A commanding voice fades to static.
"Simple instructions from the comfort of a desk." Johnny smirks to himself from a prone position "Blackslash in position, standing by." Multiple messages come through.
"Alpha ready."
"Charlie in postition, over."
"Bravo team standing by."
Johnny smiles with confidence. "Alright boys, you know the objective. Word has it these guys have been paying close attention since Jangsai and Birochei in the Pheon region. Intel suggests they've strong research on Shadow weapons. Task's simple. We find the research, be-rid of it, I'll handle Professor Xhan-Bei. Rendezvous at checkpoint Omega. How-copy?" The radio pauses for a moment.
"Bravo, solid-copy."
"Full copy from Charlie."
A bitter pause can be heard from the silence.
"Alpha team, you copy that?"
Silence continues.
"Alpha solid-copy. Something wrong with our radio I think."
Johnny sighs "Great, radio problems before a classified mission." Johnny pauses.
"Alright listen up. We can't risk radio problems in the field. Alpha, stay in position, if things go south we'll try contact you for further instructions. Bravo, Charlie. We're a go. Stick to the plan: Total silence, no Pixelmon, nothing unless given instructions from myself only."Johnny gets up to a crouching position, getting a final look through his binoculars.

"Boys, you heard Agent Summers. We're sticking here, stay low and keep warm, we don't get involved unless something goes wrong." says Sergeant Tony Miller addressing his men. For the next half an hour besides the light of the compound, all is dark and silent. Deep into the mission at hand, Blackslash had made his way to the office of professor Xhan-Bei. The Pheon professor had no idea what was about to hit him. Blackslash had been solid so far in the mission having only had to deal with a few guards. In one quick movement Blackslash grabbed Xhan-Bei's head before forcing it beyond it's natural stretch, a flop could be heard as the scientists body hit the floor. Johnny ignored the dead man below him, he quickly began looking through the notes, translating what he can.
"W-what the..." Johnny was in shock "So Ghost Pixelmon are the power behind shadow weapons.." Johnny smirks "Who'd have guessed." Johnny continues to read through the notes "How.. Destiny bond... That's how to unlock Shadow power. This stuff can't get out. Who knows what chaos it could cause.." Johnny hears voices coming from outside the door. "Damn." Johnny gets one last look at the notes, picking out one thing. "To work must require strong-minded individuals to perform the bond." Johnny takes out his lighter before igniting the notes. As he does so gunshots begin ringing out through the halls. Over the radio's Johnny can here the dying calls of his comrades as he tries to contact them.

The men of Alpha seem off-task when from the quiet static can be heard through the Sergeants radio.
"What-the?" The Sergeant says as he firmly grasps the radio. Static continues.
"Miller.." Coughing can be heard through the radio "Get to Omega, the mission's compromised but Xhan-Bei is gone and his research with him. Alpha and Charlie are gone, I might be able to get out asw-" Agent Summers' radio cut's out as gunshots are heard during its final transmission. Sergeant Millers brews a tear in his eye, knowing two teams of some of his closest friends had just been shot down.
"We going in after 'em sir?" calls out a younger soldier.
"No son, stick to orders. They don't know we're here." Miller says as a tear brews in his eyes.

A military jeep pulls outside a small house on the island of Cinnabar, Kanto. Two men in uniform knock on the door. As it opens, a middle aged woman falls to the floor, erupting into tears.
"We're very sorry Ma'am. He was a great man." says the man on the right, handing her a closed document. After growing the will to open it, she then falls again having read the first few sentences. 'Field agent Johnny Summers, Killed in action. Spring 28th, 998.
General Questions

MC Name: Sparkey_Summers

Character Name: Johnny Summers

Character's Age: 27, approaching 28

Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Why do you believe you are such alignment? When he first came to the Isle of Toro, Johnny was persistent on finding and closing down Team Noir, however doing so within the restrictions of the law and avoiding methods he would've used had it been a couple of years ago however this got him nowhere. Johnny has no problems with the ways of the Police, however knows he could do better if he gives into his previous ways. Johnny has done well to leave his past behind him, however with his recent encounter with the psychopath known as the Firestarter, Johnny has realized that his old ways may be the only way to bring an end to not just the Firestarter, but Team Noir also. Hey, while he's at it, surely it wouldn't hurt to make a small profit along the way? He's doing a service, he deserves a method of gratitude..

Character Race: Human of course!

Have you read and are familiar with all server rules and villain rules? I have had a read, and I shall read over them repeatedly over the near future. I'm also quite intimidated by the actions that GM's ect may take should I break one so I shall furthermore ask them if things are alright.

What specific evils does your character plan on committing? List the number of each Evil you would like to be considered for, and specifically when/why you need them:
Quick Note:
Blackslash (Agent Summers' previous code-name) has multiple methods of going about his plans. Whether it be to crush someone in a Pixelmon battle or should they want to get a bit more physical, destroy them with his previous training ((Of course should this happen there will be 0% Power-gaming. I'd offer the chance for people to get me. For example. Johnny punches the Firestarter smack in the Jaw.. No thanks. It'd be more like Johnny swings a fist toward the Firestarter, that way Kev would have the opportunity to get out the way. ((However with Johnny/Blackslash having had all his training ect, I'd hope that people would think that they'd most likely get their but kicked. But this type of situation probably wouldn't occur anyway. Stick to Pixelmon instead :3))

Blackslash would most consider all methods. Whether he'd use them is a different question..
#1 - Lock-picking & Theft & Breaking & Entering - Should Blackslash need information, he will go about getting it. Should it be poking about in his bosses cupboards or sneaking through archives to find something.. He'll do it.

#2 - Arson/Destruction of Property - This is something Johnny would only use as an extreme option. If it meant the forces finding out his true identity, Johnny would torch his own house, of course he'd try to cover his tracks of course by attempting to cover it up and pinning the Firestarter on it ((Sorry for constantly using Kev's character, but he's the most appropriate for it and to Johnny.))

#3 - Chaos/Deception/Conning - Deception would be the only feature Johnny would really consult here. Making people get a solid opinion on him but they could really know nothing... Who knows?!

#4 - For the most part, this would be off Johnny's radar, however down the line somewhere.. Again, who knows?!

What sort of Villain are you looking to be?: I think the word 'Villain' is a bit deep. I prefer 'Vigilante', 'Antihero'. Blackslash will both co-operate with the law should they co-operate with him. But Johnny for the most part shall evade them, stay solo about his own business.

Why do you as a player wish to play a villain? It's the Villains themselves that attract me. The shadowy persona of Shadow_X.. The blazing personality of the Firestarter.. What is there to defend the citizens of Toro?.. When I see things such as past livestreams I think what if there were someone equal to them.. How cool would that be? I want to be that person, I've simply been looking been looking for the right inspiration.. Now here's where I confess, by the way if anyone's sussed this out -fistbump- I'm taking huge inspiration from DC's Deathstroke, he's effectively all that I want Blackslash to be ((Name took inspiration also.)) If you know who he is, you'll get some idea of what Blackslash is in my eyrs.

Biography: (3-5 paragraphs) Spring 29th 980, Cinnabar Island, Kanto. Cries could be heard echoing through the hospital halls with noise of a new born child. It wasn't just tears of the baby in the delivery room, but those of Moira Summers, now a proud mother, beside her, standing in his fur jacket stood Rodger Summers, like his wife, now a happy parent. Fortunately Rodger Summers was on leave from the Air Force at the time of Johnathon's birth, however soon had to answer the call of duty once more. Growing up with just one parent wasn't easy, thankfully there was the family Pichu, Buzz. One day when Johnny was still in his youth, his mother was cooking her signature meal, Touros beef stew. Unaccompanied, Johnny wandered into their living room oblivious to the fact that Buzz was asleep next to the door frame. Johnny stepped straight onto Buzz' tail, in shock Buzz awoke in pain, it's natural reaction caused a surge of electricity to flow through Johnny's body. Miraculously Johnny survived with only an electrical scar on his left foot, in early school life, Johnny was taunted for this, some of the kids nicknamed him 'Sparkey'. At first Johnny wasn't fond of it but later grew to like and accept it.

Later on in school life, Johnny wasn't among the popular group in his school, he studied martial arts at a local center in Cinnabar, becoming very talented at it. One day, the bullies did their usual routine : Come over to the group, make sly remarks, then threaten them. One day during the usual routine Johnny grew tired, very tired.
"Hey, Hey Sparkey.. What's with the Buzz cut!" The bullies began laughing at Johnny's new haircut. "What's wrong? Want us to buzz off!" The bullies continued to laugh and mock them. Johnny was sick of them, so pushed the main bully away, he didn't like that. Not one bit. He threw a right hook at Johnny, Johnny simply moved to the side, avoiding the attack, he threw a couple more, Johnny repeated the same tactic. The bully grew tired "What's wrong, too chicken to fight back?!" Johnny remained silent. There was a slight pause between the last attempted punch. Things seemed to have calmed down. From nowhere the bully threw a cheap-shot. Johnny thankfully had studied on combat at his martial arts classes, he grabbed the bullys arm, twisting it to the bullies left leaving him open to his right side. Johnny delivered a swift right foot to the bullies ribs, injuring him and winding him. Word had passed about the skill shown that lunchtime. On the morning of Johnny's 16th birthday, the door knocked, Johnny answered to a man in Military outfit, the man greeted Johnny "Hello Mr Johnathon Summers. Born Spring 29th. Tell me son, how would you wish to serve your country in ways you haven't thought of. Many years of training and operations granted Agent Johnny Summers the respect of many fellow men, that was until the events of Spring 28th.

Watching from under a hood on the Vermillion City docks, a young man, was shouting about "Come visit Toro, the land of new beginnings!" Johnny paid attention to what the young lad had to say. Johnny smirked to himself.
"Perfect. Let's hope nobody heard of the old me." After a long boat trip, sandy beaches and a white city were on the horizon. Johnny said to a stranger next to him "Any idea what that is." The old man replied
"Son, that's Colbalt city.. Never been to Toro before?"
"No. Hoping to start fresh" Johnny replies to the old man.
"Well then, this is the place for you." The old man said before making his way down the side of the boat.
Being new to Toro, Johnny heard about the criminal organisation known as Team Noir, Johnny grew a strange attraction to the group, he didn't like seeing one group standing above others, similar to the bullies back at school.
"Bullies, of a society." Johnny said to himself. Johnny aimed to take them down, befriending multiple people. After no success. Johnny received word of something, turns out the government may have evidence that Agent Johnny Summers may be alive. Johnny set out to going into total hiding, but first to get rid of that evidence.

Saffron City. Autumn 17th.

"Word has it that the government has records that Agent Johnny Summers, otherwise known as Codename-Blackslash is still alive." Johnny speaks into a voice recorder. "The plan is to infiltrate the Government building under the alias of Greg Turner-" Johnny looks down at the unconscious employee "find the documents and destroy them. I'm much happier dead. Rules of engagement: Absolute silence. I have my Pixelmon stashed elsewhere, I only have a baton for getting rid of only people in my way. Otherwise it's total silence. This is Johnny Summers, Over."

Johnny walks in confidently with his fedora worn covering over his face. Johnny quickly flashes his ID card to the lobby employees before collecting his elevator key. Johnny mumbles to himself
"So far-so good." Johnny calls the elevator, hoping to avoid anyone trying to get into the same one as him. Johnny steps into the elevator alone. He assertively presses the button to take him to floor 40. Johnny remains silent as he grips his stolen baton. As the elevator nears it's floor, Johnny hides out of sight from the doors.
*PING* The doors open, Johnny waits a few seconds before peeking to see if anyone's there.
"Nobody, this is good." Johnny makes his way down the hallways quickly but quietly, as Johnny nears the door to the archives, Johnny hears footsteps around the corner. Johnny swiftly takes cover behind the wall awaiting the guard to near. Johnny grips his baton, as the guard is about to turn the corner, as baton strikes his across the face, disorienting him before he receives a fist to the face, rendering him unconscious. Johnny drags his body into the archives room for the time being. Johnny makes quick work of searching, finding the file quickly, Johnny stuffs the files into his bag before heading back to pick up the guard.
"Too easy. I expected better." Johnny mumbles to himself as he carries the guard into the floors toilets, placing him on a toilet seat. Back to the ground floor Johnny gives a quick nod to the receptionist before making his way out, all within the space of an hour.
"Now for the hardest part. Laying low for while."

Approximately 4 years of laying low, Johnny felt that his tracks were well and truly covered, Johnny returned to Toro under the lie that he'd been back home helping his mother cope with the loss of her father despite that he'd died in the great war, this time with the idea of setting up and living out there for good. Johnny's first intention, to get a job. Johnny ventured to the Aurelia Police department with the hopes of becoming an officer. After being accepted as a deputy, Johnny's next intention was to get a place of his own. After meeting the Premier Genevieve Beaulieu, Johnny bought a small apartment, enough for the time being. Johnny thought the Police was right for him. It was when confronted with a Russian vodka brewer he realized how wrong he was, Johnny became very tempered with Russian and learnt that his temper wasn't good for him, soon after he left.
Johnny next flew off to Ferrite, where he met with the Professor Randal Cedar with the intentions of becoming a scientist. Johnny was thankfully accepted and was tasked with reporting on Psychic Pixelmon activity on Pixelmon Island. It was later that season that Johnny was invited to his co-worker's wedding. It was here Johnny was introduced to the Firestarter, little did Johnny know but the Firestarter would haunt Johnny's memory sending him into states of Panic from time to time. After a while though, Johnny became capable of handling these attacks. Much has happened since Johnny returned to Toro, he's met many great people, from Aeiden Bishop to Renee Hartmann. And he hopes to meet many more.

What moral boundaries does your character have, if any?
Johnny is no killer, though he used to be, he will not kill. again, sure he may injure, but will not kill.

What are some notable strengths of your character? Johnny is strong-willed and is good at deciding who to trust. Johnny also has befriended lots of people, so has people to back him up

What are some notable weaknesses of your character? Johnny has two key weakness':
His temper and his panic attacks. Johnny get's very tempered in heated situations and often get's quite rowdy. Johnny often has panic attacks when reminded of certain situations, but has recently become quite good at controlling these.

Is your character loyal or does he turn around and back stab people? To what extent? It all depends on who it was, the majority of people Johnny will risk his life to save, even those he doesn't know. Johnny wouldn't stab anyone in the back unless he felt certain they'd do it to him..

Open Response
Answer these five questions IC as if you were accepted for the evils you applied for. We will be watching for power-gaming, meta-gaming or anything unrealistic.

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large machoke you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next? Johnny holds up on finger "One minute ma'am" Johnny makes his way to his bedside cabinet, taking out his wallet and bringing the required amount to the old woman, "I believe this' the right amount? I'll try not to forget next time!" Johnny hands over the money before smiling and closing the door.

While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next? Johnny gets serious, he mumbles to himself "Best keep an eye on these two.." Johnny orders a soft drink, and keeps a keen eye on the two gentlemen. Should the two go ahead with the Heist, Blackslash would be there to meet them (full in costume) after they made their entrance ((Johnny loves a good entrance.)) Blackslash would challenge them to a wager battle, should they win, they may continue. Should they lose.. Well, their bad..

An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next? Johnny runs over to the old woman "You alright there?" Johnny calls out. Johnny assists the woman to her feet, helping to pick up her stuff and return her Pixelmon before walking her slightly toward the next town.

Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next? Johnny goes ultra serious. "Now then Gentlemen.." Johnny shouts over as he throws two pixelballs either side of him "So which one of you're going to lose first?!" Johnny makes swift work of the grunts making sure they pay for their crimes. He makes sure that he contacts Aeiden about the situation. ((This is non-Blackslash, Blackslash only makes appearances when Johnny's ready for it.))

A while walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next? Johnny chuckles "Cheeky.." Johnny tracks the groupleader back to his home. Johnny suits up and cuts the power to the youth's home.
"What the-" the youth reacts. A dark voice fills the room.
"You think you're above all else no? Does that give you the right to steal?!" The youth quivers, he has no idea what to do, he doesn't answer to any of the questions. Silence fills the room. The power returns but the youth notices that the stolen wallet and his most prized possession are gone.

I have 2 potential skins, please let me know which one you'd prefer me to use for RP purposes, I'm not fussed either way (I prefer number 2 *wink*):
Option 1: http://gyazo.com/ca43249f5ff3e4d3b54cf8a4ced32a8c
Option 2: http://gyazo.com/e926d488120db07cd71ab8554f6e5410

Seen as I have the opportunity to add to this, I feel I should add an explanation for the skin. Due to a series of unfortunate events, Johnny in the past two seasons has been stabbed and ended up in a coma due to blood loss. He awakened during an attack on the Aurelia hospital (Which he was in at the time). He ended up smashing a window and jumping out which made him break both his legs. Don't think it's over because it wasn't. Johnny could have died, the next part occured in the Joltik shrine place (See here for this story - http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... t=1224) Anyways, whilst recovering, Aeiden nearly saw him, Johnny wishes to remain dead to the rest of Toro, so he fled to the Cobalt docks where he now rests in the operators part of the shipping crane. Whilst looking for general clothing in one of the containers, he found a bunch of Pixelmon skins, Bisharp plates and Kangaskan leather, it only took him a little longer to find some parts that would help him craft what he wanted (These included dyes and textiles things). Johnny now has made himself a BA outfit for what he hopes to come!

Well, if you made it this far, thanks, this took 5 hours to write. I hope you liked it! :D
Last edited by SparkeySummers on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bigpapa671
MC name: FloopTroop

Re: Johnny Summers/Blackslash - 'Villain' Application [10/10

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC?
I Know Mr.summers IC or rather Doc does. He helped train me when I wanted to become a deputy and he was still on the force and more recently he helped me catch and interrogate a Team Noir grunt.

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules?
Yes I've never seen him do anything that even teeters on the edge of breaking the rules; He seems to be a great guy

Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP?
Like I said in response to the previous question I Don't think he would ever do anything like that.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win?
Yeah Johnny is always a fair guy, Every time he rolls he asks if his roll is fair(as seen in the screen shot). He just takes everything into account and does what would be fun for RP even if it would mean he may not win

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone?
Yes Summers is always fun in RP. In almost every event I've been in he always stands out doing things his own way and contributing instead of just being there.

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?
I think They are perfect for Blackslash.If any of them were questionable before; The events that took place this Sunday makes them fit like a glove.

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.
http://gyazo.com/db17d39ea7873f8ff577d91a18428463
SparkeySummers
MC name: ___

Thanks all for the votes and thanks to Floop for the reference. I have messaged Hat for a review!
Fingers crossed!
Heart
MC name: MissHeartx

This application is now locked and pending review.
Heart
MC name: MissHeartx

Your Villain Application has been

Good luck and have fun on the server! Create awesome rp!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”