"Birth of the Firestarter" Prof. von Schwartzenstein's VA

Do you think this player will add fair and villainous RP?

I do believe this player will add fair and enjoyable Villainous RP.
100%
I do not believe this player contributes to the communities' RP.
No votes

Total votes: 8

FrogVoice
MC name: TheKevCoP

"Birth of the Firestarter" Prof. von Schwartzenstein's VA

General Questions

"We cannot tear out a single page of our life, but we can throw the whole book in the fire." -George Sand

MC Name: TheKevCoP

Character Name: Georg Ferdinand Maximilian von Schwartzenstein (villain name: The Firestarter)

Character's Age: I'm actually not entirely sure on that one, it was 22 when he arrived in Toro so I'll just say it's 24 by now.

Character Alignment: chaotic evil

Why do you believe you are such alignment?
Woah! Don't accuse me for being anything. I'm talking about my character here. But jokes aside. My character participated in a war at a very young age and was forced to do some experiments that traumatized him, even further his heart was broken after this war ended which left a big mental scar on him. Recent events in Toro involving both memories of his dark past at the lab he was forced to work in aswell as his heart being broken again. All these things led to a mental breakdown giving birth to a sinister personality that now is only interested to see the world in flames. The Firestarter.

Have you read and are familiar with all server rules and villain rules?
Yes, I have read the rules for being a Villain on this server and I'm also very well aware of the consequences of breaking these rules. Furthermore one of the admins is one of my close friends and i'm sure that he'll punch me if I break these rules.

What specific evils does your character plan on commiting? List the number of each Evil you would like to be considered for, and specifically when/why you need them: The Prof. has always been fascinated by fire, not only the fact that it's often needed to get different chemicals to react also the fact that it can be controlled by humankind but so devastating to it at the same time. His sinister side now looks to use this devastating power of destruction to set a sign towards humankind by burning down their world. So pretty much #2.

What sort of Villain are you looking to be?:

"Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." -Alfred Pennyworth

This pretty much sums up how the actions of the Firestarter will look like, he isn't interested in money or power. His only goal is to show humankind how easy it is to lose everything. His actions are mostly not planned, the Firestarter just runs around burning down places he feels like burning down at the moment. The only thing that may attract him are large crowds. Other than that the Firestarter is not predictable.

Why do you as a player wish to play a villain?

To be honest, I always thought that villains were pretty cool guys. Doing all teh stuff the good guys couldn't do because they are bound by the rules of goodness or something. Especially fascinating to me were villains who act unreasonably and don't have clear goals.

Biography: (3-5 paragraphs)
Georg Maximilian Ferdinand von Schwartzenstein, a born German, an excentric scientist. The fact that he was something special could already be seen on his first word which was "Schwefelsäure" which roughly translates to sulphuric acid. Since his first years of experimenting with dangerous chemicals (which actually were his first years) the young Schwartzenstein developed a strong fascination for fire. He tried to play with fire as much as he could which was just smiled at by his parents.
As he grew up and became a scientist he was forced to work with some other elite scientists on the "ultimate weapon" for the tyrannic german leader. Von Schwartzenstein finally had the chance to experiment with fire for a living. In his time at the lab he designed 8 different flamethrowers. 3 of the models were even used by the German army.
However his time at the isolated weapon research lab also lead to some traumatizing events which could've made severe damage on his mental health if it wasn't for two things:
1. his love for fire and the cahnce to work with it
2. his colleauge Corinna Röntgen.
It is true, during that time Von Schwartzenstein got into an affair with one of his co-workers. After the war has ended he even planned to marry her, but she decided to dump him and vanish forever. Obviously knowing that he was just being used during his time in the lab he decided to start a new life in a new unknown region, that's when he came to Toro.
During his time in Toro he learned many new things, he got some friends and even found a new love. Everything seemed to be great for the Professor, until this one day.
He was walking along the streets of Ferrite when he saw his love with his best friend, as a couple. At this point he didn't know what he should feel. Should he be angry? Sad? Disappointed? Realizing that both persons who meant the most for him at this time didn't see how much they hurt him he decided to quit with people and never let anyone ever come close to him again. He fell into a deep hole. Short after these events he decided to look himself in for some days trying to fill the whole in his heart with self made alcohol. A big mistake. The whole could not be closed but from it rised a sinister being, sharing one body with the Professor, the Firestarter. With help of his knowledge from the war he built a flamethrower powered by Koffing gas. He is now more than ready to show how fragile the human race is, and he will enjoy sitting on a steaming pile of ash, laughing, will everything around him is set ablaze.

What moral boundaries does your character have, if any?
All villainous actions are not the work of the Professor but the work of his second personality which was created upon his heart being shred to pieces. He of course knows that the things he does, or rather the things his body does, are wrong and he regrets it everytime he realizes that the Firestarter took overhand. So the Professor has moral boundaries, the Firestarter however has not.

What are some notable strengths of your character?

When the Firestarter has the upper hand his goals aren't clear for anyone but him, making him unpredictable. Only he knows his goals and he will do anything to accomplish them.

What are some notable weaknesses of your character?
His biggest weakness is the Professor himself, although he prefers to never open up to any human being again he can be reached by someone who knows him good enough, even when the Firestarter has the upper hand.

Is your character loyal or does he turn around and back stab people? To what extent?
The Firestarter does what he want, he doesn't work with other people for one simple reason, they could fail and ruin his plans. If he was to work with someone this someone wouldn't be alive for too long. He even isn't afraid of backstabbing the one person he shares a body with.

Open Response((I should probably add right here that I will answer these in the Perspective of the Firestarter since he is the main thing about this application))

Answer these five questions IC as if you were accepted for the evils you applied for. We will be watching for power-gaming, meta-gaming or anything unrealistic.

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large machoke you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next?
While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next?
An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next?
Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next?
A while walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next?
Ohter: I know this section is not on the sample but I kinda feel like that it's needed here. Those who read this massive wall of text may have recognized that I strongly divide the Firestarter and the Prof. from eachother. I see it kinda like in the "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". So I hope that this isn't against the rules and that a different, sinister personality that almost separates completely from the original character will be possible. On another note, this is the skin I prepared for the Firestarter.
Last edited by FrogVoice on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No waifu, no laifu.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: "Birth of the Firestarter" Prof. von Schwartzenstein's V

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC? : IC my character knows him as the goofy professor who apparently loved her. YEP, Mimi played a part in making this happen, oops. OOC, I know Kev as the goofy staff member. German #2 . TL;DR: Yes & Yes!
Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules? : Kev is really strict sometimes, and as a staff member I believe in him.
Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP? : I've never witness this happen with him.
Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win? : Knowing Kev's fear of getting his butt kicked, absolutely!
Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone? : Joking aside, Kev is a really great person and a great rper. Not just in OOC , but RP wise he is fun. My only complaint is that the professor seemingly has an unlimted supply of schnapps on him at all times! Again though, his character is very memorable and not just some average boring joe.
Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones? : Very relevant, and I can absolutely see the Professor going crazy like this.
Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant. :
I would of screenshot the exact moment his heart got broken - but it was too far up. I do have logs though~
FOR NOW, have these: http://imgur.com/F4Q321i,TotWPCy#0
haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

Locked for review ~
haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

Return to “Accepted Applications”