Theodore's VA

VA Poll

I do believe this player will add fair and enjoyable Villainous RP.
91%
I do not believe this player contributes to the communities' RP.
9%

Total votes: 11

AvusInfaustus
MC name: AvusInfaustus

Theodore's VA

General Questions

MC Name: AvusInfaustus
Character Name: Theodore Johnson
Character's Age: 72
Character Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Why do you believe you are such alignment?
Theodore has always been stealing for the sake of it, he loves the excitement it offers. Destruction is just a means to gain fame for him, why would he care about property that's not his anyways? He's very stubborn, so he gets what he wants under all circumstances. His old age also turned him very unpredictable, his mood can change very quickly, turning him from a mere grumpy old man to a violent, albeit slow moving old man.

Have you read and are familiar with all server rules and villain rules?

Well yeah, I read up on them when I tried to become a GM just in case anyone wanted to commit a couple of crimes, and I reread them every once in a while just to be sure.

What specific evils does your character plan on commiting? List the number of each Evil you would like to be considered for, and specifically when/why you need them:

Theodore's life has been dictated by Theft and Destruction, so that'd be Evils #1 and #2 for me. He takes from whoever he wants to, even though he prefers richer people since he feels the effort he puts into stealing from them is actually worth it. The destruction part comes in when he feels that he can't have something. If he can't have it, or at least somehow enjoy it, then no one else is allowed to have it either. Young brats insulting him also usually have to deal with the repercussions, maybe a broken window or two. He's unpredictable after all.

What sort of Villain are you looking to be?:
Johnson wants to be the greatest Thief known to Toro, because he realizes this might be his last chance. He's always out looking for the perfect target, planning to perform the greatest crime that everyone will remember. The only thing stopping him is his old age, not that he accepts that though. He's not afraid of trying anything shady, what does he have to lose, right?

Why do you as a player wish to play a villain?
I've been interested in trying out being the evil guy for a bit, but with my other character that was simply not possible. Therefore I thought about something unique, and here we are. I really don't mind Theodore failing everything he tries, it's just a bit of an experiment after all. I also think that some chaos on the server could be fun for everyone involved, if I don't overdo it, that is.

Biography:
Theodore Johnson grew up in a small, modest family. His parents cared a lot for him, but he never really appreciated it. In his teenage years, 14 to be exact, he decided to simply leave out of boredom. He took rations for about two days and went off to the nearest city. That's when he began stealing, only an apple here, some coins there at first. He quickly learned to become the best pickpocket around, but due to making some mistakes at first he had to leave the town and picked up a habit of travelling around to not draw attention.
He got bored of petty theft though, so he started stepping up his game. He joined a couple of gangs, robbing jewelry stores and banks. He's never gotten his fair share of the loot, which made him more selfish and taught him to distrust people. After starting to do heists alone the police started looking for him, so he couldn't feel safe anywhere anymore. He started wearing fancy black suits and brimmed hats to hide his identity as best as he could.
He drank and smoked a lot, additionally he stopped caring about others entirely. He already had a lot of money, most of his crimes were just about getting attention and fame now. Didn't like the service at a bar? Burn it to the ground. Saw some fancy jewelry? Take it, wear it for a few days and then sell it off under it's value. Someone insulted him or bumped into him on the street? Follow them, beat them up and take their wallet.
That went on for a long time, he's been to prison twice in 58 years of committing crimes, swiftly escaping from it with the help of a few pixelmon and his wits. He was feared, and he loved it. Times change though, he became old. His motions became slower, his eyesight and hearing worse. He began appearing in the newspaper as "Goldendentures", an old and broken gangster failing at everything he tries. He became frustrated, lowering his standards a little. That's how he got to Toro, escaping from the police ever so clumsily, losing everything he had in the process.
Arriving in Toro with only a couple of rags and a single pixelball, he refused to fail again. He wanted to be known. He wanted to be feared. He first of all wanted some new clothes and maybe a pair of glasses. He spotted a couple of good locations for a break-in, making up plans for the greatest crimes he has ever done in his somewhat foggy mind.

What moral boundaries does your character have, if any?
Theodore would never kill anyone on purpose, it would only get him into trouble. If someone due to a wonder is nice to him, despite him being the grumpy old man he is, he gives them a grace period of sorts, trying his hardest not to target them, even if it is tempting. He also refuses to take anything of personal value, it's of no use to him after all.

What are some notable strengths of your character?
Old man Johnson is a bit wiser than young Johnson, having collected lots of experience on his long journey. He can pick locks like no other, and he always has a backup plan if anything goes wrong. He's sly, he's escaped the police often enough to know how they tick, so he can usually avoid them if he wants to. Theodore has also learned how to use his age to his advantage, people never suspect the elderly man, he couldn't climb out of the window after all.

What are some notable weaknesses of your character?
It's pretty obvious that his physical strength is dwindling. His muscles ache when he tries to move quickly, and his eyesight is not the best. He also tends to be a bit forgetful, so he picked up the habit of writing down his plans, which means he usually carries evidence around with him. He does not dare to move around outside in the rain, it can render him completely immobile.

Is your character loyal or does he turn around and back stab people? To what extent?
Theodore has a twisted sense of morals, but if he promises something (which happens very rarely) he would never break that promise. He hates teaming up though, so there's little occasion for any backstabbing anyways.

Open Response

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large machoke you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next?
While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next?
An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next?
Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next?
While walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next?
FrogVoice
MC name: TheKevCoP

Re: Theodore's VA

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC? Yes, both. OOC I've known him for 2 years or so know. IC he is both, the responsible gym leader and the grumpy old man.
Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules? Since he currently is an admin on this server he has no choice but to follow these rules. He is a role model for many new players and to be honest I think he himself would be the first one to scream at him if he breaks the rules.
Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP? I've never seen him doing it before. And I am pretty that this kind of behaviour is something the applicant hates.
Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win? Knowing him for some years now, I definately know one thing about him. He has a general attitude of just not caring, it would not be a problem for him to get IC inot a situation he might not win.
Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone? How can someone RPing a grumpy old man not be fun for everyone? But jokes aside, the applicant is a good RPer who is able to make different situations very enjoyable.
Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones? The evil's he has chosen fit his character very well. I can't see anything wrong there.
Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant. http://a.pomf.se/uxpfmm.png
Just a short RP session we had clumped together into one pic, I'm very sorry that some of the parts are cut off due to my stupidness while clumping the screens together, but I think the major part of the RP is still visible so it's fine.
No waifu, no laifu.
haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

~Locked for review~

-Hat
haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

Return to “Accepted Applications”