Event Team A(ctors) Application!

haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

Event Team A(ctors) Application!

Event Actors represent one of the key components of this server: Roleplaying. The Actors team consists of the best RP-ers Toro has to offer, and accepts nothing less. As part of the Event Team, Actors are held to the highest standards of RP, and cannot be found RP-ing in ways that put themselves above non-ET players.

For the most part, Event Actors are only necessary during actual staff-run events. Actors keep RP running smoothly during events in several ways.

Firstly, events often include event-only characters, such as Ringmaster Ringo from the Toro Traveling Circus. All Event Team members will RP as these at some point or another, but it's the Actors' job to really immerse the rest of the players into the event at hand.

Secondly, part of the Actors' job is to keep meta-gaming and power-gaming to a minimum within the event, as well as to try to keep anything that happens in line with pre-established server lore. If meta-gaming or power-gaming become an issue, an Actor keeps his/her cool, and pulls the RP in a suitable direction in order to preserve it.

To be honest, I'm not sure what else to say about the position, as it tends to grow on a person through experience.

To apply, create a new topic titled "[___]'s Event Team - Actors Application", copy the application below, and fill it out.

Code: Select all

MC Username:
Number of hours available:
RP Name:
RP Age:
Are you in any leadership positions in-game?
Define meta-gaming, and give two examples.
Define power-gaming, and give two examples.
Explain the difference between IC and OOC.
What can you bring to the Actors team?
What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team?
Create one unique idea for an Event you would like to create and be a part of as an Event Actor.  [i]Minimum of two paragraphs, specifically including information about event-only characters[/i]
Previous experiences:
Other comments or concerns:
If your application is suitable, I will personally test your RP skills in-game, after which time your final admission decision will be reached.

Return to “Archives”