Scorch's ET Application!

Chibimaster1111
MC name: ScorchedDragon

Scorch's ET Application!

Preferred Name: Scorch
MC Username: ScorchedDragon
Time Zone: EST
Number of hours available: At least 5 a day.
How long you have been playing on Toro League: Since Jul 03, 2015

Why do you want to join Event Team?:

My reasons for wanting to be on the team.
-I want to help contribute to the events that people on the server look forward to and enjoy so much.
-I want to help the server grow and provide areas that will help add more excitement and discovery to RP.
-I would enjoy being part of the building team that is able to create events that affect the everyday life in Toro.
-I wouldn't mind being an actor, and want to try playing a given part.

Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: In my years of playing on Minecraft Roleplay Servers, I was once co-owner of a small server dedicated to Fantasy themed Roleplays, and was responsible for creating events to keep the plot going.

What can you bring to this team?:
- I've been known to take building very seriously, building upon my ideas while taking into account factors such as Realism, Environment, Background, and how different blocks and building styles compliment eachother
- I have experience with world building programs like Worldpainter, and having once owned a server myself, have experience using Worldedit and Voxelsniper.
- I have experience in running story related events from both my time as co-owner of a Fantasy Roleplay server, and from running community events on Toro.
- I enjoy coming up with ideas for story arcs and events, and often try to elaborate on the ideas I find worth developing further.

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: One thing I believe would likely be seen as a weakness that could affect my ability to cooperate as a member of the team would be my habit of getting ahead of myself in regards to thing such as build ideas, where I get caught up in my own ideas and end up unintentionally forcing them onto people, I am aware of this flaw and will do my best to overcome it if accepted.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: On Toro I often run community events related to the Darkthorn Guild, such as social gatherings, one recent example being a cherry blossom viewing and fireworks show. I have also held contest related events, such as the Catching Contests.

Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: I have assisted with the building process of the Regi Temple event, the haunted mansion event, where I built the entire mansion with the help of kcband and ShadextheLight, helped Rosy build the Mushroom Island Mine Paras event, while also helping give ideas for the event itself, and have participated in many other smaller builds for events run by myself or others.

Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: I believe I am capable of handling events with around 10 people as an estimate, when running the Catching contest events I often have to keep track of large groups.

Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: I believe I have a good idea on how to run a combat oriented event based on what i've observed in other events. One such method of running a combat event I've noted in having people take turns in order to keep the event from getting too chaotic and out of control.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:

The Enigmatic Ice Dragon Chapter 1 : An Unwelcome Intruder In the Icy Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Event begins as an out of season blizzard hits the northern mainland or Toro, flocks and herds of Pokemon normally found further north on the ice covered islands flee south to the mainland, as if driven out of their normal habitats.
Upon investigating the northern coastline of the mainland, a strange sight is beheld, the ocean seems to have been frozen over in a path, heading towards the northern glacier islands, in the direction of the long abandoned Articuno nest.
Upon following the bridge across the ocean and finally reaching solid ground, the group finds strange footprints in the snow, quite large ones suggesting quite a large Pokemon passed through. Following the trail, the group runs into strange ice spires, almost as if they were placed to stall pursuers, the landscape is strangely devoid of any other Pokemon, likely all having been part of the herds and flocks fleeing south.
The closer the group gets to the old Articuno nest, the colder it seems to get, as if there is a barrier of snowfall trying to force them to turn back the way they came. Pressing onwards, the group finally reaches the cave where the nest is located. The blizzard picks up as soon as they enter, becoming powerful enough to pose danger if they were to try heading back through it, as a result, the group is forced to make camp in the cave.

After a moment of rest, the group is able to hear the sound of wingbeats coming from beyond the harsh snowfall, flying into the cavern, in all it's blue feathered majesty, is Articuno, likely coming to investigate just as the group has. The Legendary bird takes a moment of rest from it's long flight, giving the group time to investigate the cave.
It is then that the group makes a strange discovery, new tunnels and caverns have been bored through the permafrost and ice, descending deeper and deeper into the icy mountain. After a moment to discuss their discovery and prepare, the group, along with Articuno, descends into the strange caverns to investigate. The caves are devoid of any sound or sign of life, the silence unnerving and ominous. Something feels wrong down in these new tunnels, like something is here that shouldn't be.
Finally the group, along with Articuno, enter a large chamber of glistening ice spires and more tunnels dotting the walls and ceiling. It is unnaturally silent in this room, and immediately something feels off.
Without warning the silence is broken by a shrill, scream like roar, a strange creature leaping down from a tunnel above and biting down on Articuno's shoulder, the creature is easily twice Articuno's size, and drags the legendary bird against the wall before slamming it into the icy floor, pinning it under it's foot while it raises it's head for another roar. Articuno flails it's wings, sending out attacks at the creature, appearing as some sort of dragon, ice covering parts of it's body where limbs appeared to be missing. The strange instruder, possibly recognized as Kyurem, is staggered by Articuno's attacks, taking a moment to glare down the group and legendary bird, likely planning when to attack next, after seeing what the intruders in his new lair would do.

[! Combat Begins]
With Articuno injured, and Kyurem having the advantage, having create the cavern itself, the group must assist in distracting Kyurem long enough for Articuno to attack, while keeping Kyurem from overpowering the smaller Legendary.
[Phase 1]
At the beginning of the battle, Kyurem will start by simply charging at Articuno and the group of attackers, focusing more on the threat of Articuno and seeing the human and their pokemon as the equivalent of gnats. Kyurem will attack at times by leaping off of the ice spires and trying to deliver a blow with his claws. Once attacked and successfully damaged, Kyurem will be staggered, and let out a roar. The sound from the roar will cause a rock to fall from the ceiling and damage the ice forming Kyurem's false wing, revealing that the ice covered parts of it's body are it's weak points.
[Phase 2]
After taking at least three hits, Kyurem will finally turn his attention on the group attacking him, utilizing Ice Beam attacks to attack from a distance.

[Articuno Attacks]
Articuno will take the chance to fly into Kyurem and pin him to the ground, leaving an opening for the group of humans to land in as many attacks as they can before Kyurem is able to knock Articuno off of him.
[Final Phase]
Kyurem will be visably weakened and enraged, his attacks are less focused and more likely to miss. The group uses this chance to land the final blows on him, before he is once again struck and pinned to the ground by Articuno.

When Kyurem finally knocks the wounded Articuno off of him, he does not resume his attacks, instead letting out a weaker but still loud roar, causing large ice chunks to fall between him and his opponents. Kyurem, now limping, retreats through one of the tunnels leading deeper into the cavern, before the entrance caves in behind him.

[! End of Combat]
Having driven off Kyurem with the help of Articuno, the group will have a moment to look around the cavern and have a chance to explore now that they are no longer being attacked, however, they must head back to their camp due to the possibility of Kyurem coming back, and also likely have to see to Articuno's wounds.
Kyurem's wounds resulted in it leaving behind several ice shards from it's broken limbs, which can be given out as a reward to everyone who participated in the event.

Upon news spreading of the event, based on descriptions, the creature is possibly identified as Kyurem, unless Kyurem is not yet discovered or known, in which case it is named by an NPC or professor. The campsite is now declared the base for the Kyurem Investigation Effort, dedicated to driving the Pokemon off and restoring the balance of the icy ecosystem.

(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.
-Kyurem would almost definitely need to either be acted out through a statue, or through Pokedisguise, with the latter allowing for the actor to move about.
-A second actor would likely also play Articuno, see the above bullet for execution.

(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them to.
Character 1: Kyurem
----------------------
Kyurem is the enigmatic intruder laying claim to Articuno's old nest, having traveled to the island from places unknown, his presence threatens the balance in the arctic ecosystem, and has scared all the Pokemon into fleeing south. Kyurem has a very territorial personality, but at first ignores the human attackers in favor of attacking Articuno, who he determines to be the bigger threat, and possibly wanting to take down the old owner of the cave. Kyurem is intelligent and cunning enough to attempt to outsmart his attackers and tries to trick them during combat. Kyurem knows the ice on it's body is it's weak point, and will try to guard those areas to the best of it's ability. When it takes enough damage, it knows to flee, and escapes deeper into it's den, sealing the entrance shut behind it with ice.

Kyurem's Possible Origin
-----------------------------------
Kyurem originated in space, where it drifted through the cosmos in the form of an icy comet-like shell, It arrived on Earth due to it's course causing it to crash and become damaged , It used ice to mend it's broken body parts, but found itself awake in a new world, no longer whole. It is a parasitic being that has the ability to use other living things as fodder material in order to become , in a sense ''complete again'', absorbing the living individual and adapting their traits into it's missing body parts, fulfilling it's goal of becoming whole again,
or as close to it as it can possibly get.

This would make Kyurem the second extraterrestrial Pokemon next to Deoxys
In short, Kyurem is literally a parasitic space dragon that uses other living things as a sort of reverse host, It leeches off of other living individuals in order to make itself ''Whole''.

[Pre- Event History]

Kyurem crashed into the ocean off the coast of Toro's shore closer to Galena, where it found itself waking up for the first time on a new planet and an unknown world. However, it took on damage from the crash, and was forced to use the ice from it's comet cocoon as fodder to make a sort of prosthetic replacement of ice for each of it's missing body parts, it's internal body temperature is colder than anything else found on the planet, and as a result it is able to freeze the ocean, allowing it to walk across a bridge of ice towards the glacial islands off the mainland's coast. The native Pokemon instinctively become afraid around Kyurem, due to it being an unnatural existence in the ecosystem it can no longer leave, as it can no longer return to space with it's cocoon destroyed. Instinctively, Kyurem decided to seek out a territory to claim as it's lair on this unknown planet, and due to it's nature as a parasitic species that relies on the absorbing of stronger organisms, it was drawn to Articuno's old nesting ground. On it's way it began to assert it's dominance over the local Pokemon in it's wake, causing them to flee in great numbers towards the mainland and away from their normal habitats. Kyurem's freezing temperatures caused the weather to become more harsh, encouraging freezing blizzards in it's close proximity. Like any powerful creature, it is trying to test it's boundaries in it's new environment in order to gain a sense of where it falls in the chain of power.

However, in the end, Kyurem is much weaker than it was originally before it's crash, and as a result it begins to hunt for a suitable organism to use as fodder to become whole again. Because of this, it decides to set a trap for whatever the nesting ground it found itself in belonged to, and burrows deeper into the icy mountain to prepare it's trap. When the group accompanies Articuno into the new tunnels, they are falling right into the extraterrestrial dragon's trap, however, the flaw in Kyurem's plan is clear, it did not account for, and is completely without knowledge when it comes to one thing. It knows not the potential of humans, and never accounted for them assisting Articuno in driving him off.

[This take on the origins of Kyurem is inspired by the following information Below]

"Kyurem's rock-like body and its origin story of arriving on Earth like a meteor are references to comets, which are largely composed of ice crystals."
"Kyurem descended from an icy comet, which simultaneously created the Giant Chasm, and took residence there. " --- Old lady in Lacunosa Town

Character 2: Articuno
-----------------------
Articuno was likely sent by Lugia to investigate the strange disturbance in the arctic ecosystem around it's old nest, It is ambushed by the mysterious being known as Kyurem, and is wounded as a result. During combat, it will attempt to shield it's human allies from any unavoidable blows, but will take damage as a result, however, it will still be strong enough to deal the finishing blow to Kyurem at the end of the Final combat phase, despite the damage it might take.

(3) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event.
- A cold wind blows through Toro. Those close to the northern shore would be greeted to the sight of hundreds of Pokemon coming ashore, Seel, Dewgong, Spheals, Delibirds, Walreigns, among many other arctic Pokemon, fleeing from the sea onto the mainland shore from the sea and sky.
- There lay a strange sight to behold, the ocean seems to have been frozen over in a path, heading towards the glacial islands.-
- Starting where the ice ends and the shore begins seems to be a trail of strange tracks, about at least two and a half feet long and two feet wide. They seem to be heading further inland, towards the mountains.
- As the tracks go on, they seem to pass more and more strange ice spikes, as if something were trying to make it difficult for you to follow the trail.
- As the group neared the mountain, the snow began to pick up, the temperature dropping, it would likely be unsafe to stay outside any longer.
- As they entered the cave, the snow outside would suddenly intensify in it's downfall, to the point where all you could see was white snow piling down in the wind.
- The sound of wing-beats could be heard from beyond the snowfall as a creature covered in brilliant blue plumage broke through the storm and into the cave, Articuno landed on the cavern floor, likely laying down to rest from it's flight.
- At the back of the nest cavern appeared to be a fresh passage, recently bored through the permafrost and ice, an unnerving chill emanated from the tunnel, as if something were amiss.
-The caves are devoid of any sound or sign of life, the silence unnerving and ominous. Something feels wrong down in these new tunnels, like something is here that shouldn't be.
-Finally the group, along with Articuno, enter a large chamber of glistening ice spires and more tunnels dotting the walls and ceiling. It is unnaturally silent in this room, and immediately something feels off.
-Without warning the silence is broken by a shrill, scream like roar, a strange creature leaping down from a tunnel above and biting down on Articuno's shoulder, the creature seemed to be easily twice Articuno's size, and dragged the legendary bird against the wall before slamming it into the icy floor, pinning it under it's foot while it raised it's head for another roar. Articuno flails it's wings, sending out attacks at the creature, appearing as some sort of dragon, ice covering parts of it's body where limbs appeared to be missing. The strange instruder, is staggered by Articuno's attack, taking a moment to glare down the group and legendary bird, likely planning when to attack next, after seeing what the intruders in his new lair would do.
Chibimaster1111
MC name: ScorchedDragon

Re: Scorch's ET Application!

Updated with new additions to Kyurem's possible Origins! All hail the Ice Dragon from Space

Return to “Inactive Applications”