AzureBurst's ET Application!

AzureBurst
MC name: Azure_Burst

AzureBurst's ET Application!

[Preferred Name: Azure/Azzy
MC Username: AzureBluez/MoonBluez/BurstBluez
Time Zone: CDT
Number of hours available: I'm usually quite free, but less so on weekdays due to my college classes!
How long you have been playing on Toro League: One year, three months and five days.

Why do you want to join Event Team?: I’ve had all kinds of fun roleplaying and hanging out with tons of people on this server, so I think getting in on the event team can be my way to give back for all those fun hours! Being able to help out anyway I can basically.

Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: I’ve run a few roleplays in the past, and I’m currently running a fairly active one myself now! I’ve also moderated and acted as a DM for other roleplays servers in the past as well, so I'm not too unfamiliar with running events.

What can you bring to this team?: I can act pretty competently as I have some experience playing all kinds of characters! I can also build, chisel and draw, so making posters or supplementary images is in my area, same goes for texture work and skin creation! I am also a huge Poke-nerd, as I have played through a majority of the mainline series and am currently caught up on the anime. (I also read a lot of the earlier Pokemon Manga!)

Examples: https://i.imgur.com/O8bGxm6.png
(A poster I made quite recently)

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: I can get a little too excited and set goals a little higher than I might be able to accomplish.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: Yes I’ve helped out with a few of the paraspace trips and ran a fun spring festival of my own in my first year here!

Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: I have chiseled and built for events before, I also acted as a character quite recently (Which was very fun, I might add). So I have some ideas about what needs to be done for events.

Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: I read fairly quickly (but I may need just a little more time to organize my thoughts and type out emotes when things get hectic) and I have run events for multiple players on other servers before. I am capable of running things with about ten players, and maybe more if I push all my attention to the task at hand.

Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: Oh! These are my favorite! I love Pokemon battles, and irp fights as well. I also run a fun combat-heavy roleplay of my own, so I definitely have experience with this.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:

On a warm and deceptively peaceful day in Toro, a few people might be alerted to a commotion in Aurelia’s town square! A strange woman claims to have located sunken treasure in a lake! The only caveat being the fact that some wild Pokemon have been keeping her from acquiring it. Especially the unknown behemoth that seems to rule the habitat! She’s enlisting the aid of any Pokemon trainers willing to help her cause in exchange for splitting the reward.

This event is actually run on false pretenses. It is actually a clever trap set by the mastermind of this operation to capture the rare Pokemon that inhabits the lake! She believes the oddly colored Wishiwashi that live in the water could be valuable, with a GINORMOUS one being the main prize here. The roleplayers will be influenced to attack the Pokemon in the water so she can easily capture and profit off them! Additionally, she has also planted a fake chest underwater containing absolutely nothing! A decoy.

Unbeknownst to most, actual sunken treasure sleeps at the bottom here! Should the wishiwashi notice that the players have been relatively nice, they will reward the players with valuable treasure (nuggets and pearls) and perhaps allow themselves to be captured. Wishiwashi tend to be timid, so a gentle touch might be the key here.

(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.
Various statues will have to be placed down underwater, Pokemon actors will be use a disguise to create some more immersion and play the role of various water type Pokemon. Changing the weather to represent a rain dance will play a part here as well. A small camp for the shady lady will have to be built by the lake too.

(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them to.

Connie Mann! She’ll be responsible for rounding up various characters and getting them to do her bidding here. She’s twenty-seven, five feet and nine inches tall and quite well built. For this occasion she’ll be dressing as a treasure hunter to sell her plan. She has dark skin, brown eyes hidden under a pair of sunglasses and black hair tied into a messy ponytail.
She seems to have a bombastic and friendly personality, but this is mostly just a ruse to get people to trust her more easily. She's actually fairly cunning and eager to spin opportunities to her benefit. Her weaknesses lie in her cowardly attitude. She finds confrontation to be impossible to deal with and is very quick to flee. Her main Pokemon are a Sneasel and a large Thievul (Which she rides on for quick escapes).
She’ll have a lasso strapped to her hip as well as various wares and smoke bombs!

(3) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event.

1) As people drew closer, they would notice a wooden sign, with the words “Calling on the best trainers!” painted on it. A little Sneasel waved the sign enthusiastically as a tall woman wearing loud clothing waved her arms energetically to any passerbys. “Helloooooo!” She called out, with a Castelian twang in her tone. “I know you can hear me here!”

2) “Hey! Hey, you!” Connie kicked off the wooden box that was her stage and sauntered over to [character] with a beaming smile. “I CAN, tell that you’re a person who loves opportunities.” Her eyes twinkled as she leaned, perhaps uncomfortably close. “And I love providing opportunities!”

3) “It’s ABSOL-utely easy!” Her right hand flashed to the little pack strapped to her hip and she produced a large, rolled up parchment. “This map is the key to all of us walking away with a few more zeroes in our bank accounts!” With an enthusiastic flourish, she flicked the paper over and gestured to a portion circled over with a red marker.

4) “We’re almost there. Don’t tell me you’re ready to give up now!” A disappointed spark seeped into her expression as she peered back at [character]. “I’m not gonna lose a chance to profit off something when we’re so close.” She spoke, clapping the palm of her hand against her chest. “So quit complainin’ and get back to walkin’, KAY!?”

5) “Now then, I suuuppose you could go jump into that lake there… Or…” A haunting smile stretched across her face as she gestured to a few items being watched by a large fox. “You could just purchase some of my finest rods! I’ll even throw in a discount for y’all!”

6) “Now then, from what my associates and I--” She squeezed the Sneasel she held in her arms closer to her as she explained. “...Have deciphered. Vibrations in the water seem to be what draws the big one in, so if you want its attention, go ahead and make a big old splash!”

7) The Gyarados let out an agonized wail as electricity shook it to its core. Its serpentine body writhed as it thrashed around in the previously calm waters and eventually stilled, gravity forcing it down to the ground with a heavy thud, splashing even more water on the unsuspecting group.

8) Her brow twitched as she watched the unexpected demise of the poor Gyarados that seemed to have made an enemy of one of the crazy people she dragged along with her. "How in the world..." She seemed utterly confused as to how such a small Pokemon could deal so much damage to something so much bigger.

9) As the massive behemoth took more damage, the multiple flowing parts that held its form together faltered. The water built up surged outward, returning to the lake and the Pokemon's stubborn roars would quiet to barely audible chirps as its true form was revealed within. The solo form Wishiwashi slowly peeked out of the water to peer at the group, its tiny eyes pulsing out with brief flashes every now and then.

10) “Well then! To the victors, go the spoils.” She stepped back to let the group peel the treasure chest open, seemingly more than content to let them have it for now. A careful eye might have noticed the disappearance of a certain Pokemon, however...

Anything else we need to know: I've had a lot of fun roleplaying and helping out on Toro every now and then! I hope I can enjoy doing more things in the future as well! Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: AzureBurst's ET Application!

Congratulations!
You are accepted to Event Team. ♥ Thank you for your time of being a good good player.

Return to “Accepted Applications”