EchoArtz ET-C Application

EchoArtz
MC name: EchoArtz

EchoArtz ET-C Application

MC Username: EchoArtz, EchoAltz, JustAnEcho_, 3CH0_

RP Name: Tessa Locke, Sophia Aruji, Ariana Sterling, Clarissa Heartvale

Time Zone: EST

Number of hours available: 3-10 EST During the School year. Available pretty much all day during the Summer. (The exception to this is the days I work).

Are you in any logistics positions in-game?

My character Clary is currently a Pokemon Ranger, however my other characters are not involved in any due to being children.

Why do you want to join the coordination staff?

I enjoy creative writing and coming up with ideas for stories. Being on Toro for a year now, I can’t help but feel impressed by all the amazing people on this server and all the amazing ideas they can come up with. I would love to help out with the planning of events and to grow in terms of my Rp and writing abilities. Becoming an ET-C would help to do this, allowing for me to see other people’s thought processes and learning how to create events for everyone to enjoy.

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team?

When it comes to planning I can be a little indecisive. The initial plan I come up with can change with time, small details or even the whole initial plot line. This can be a hindrance causing me to want to change things on multiple occasions in order to make sure that the final result is the best it can be.

I can also be hard on myself at times. Thinking that what I have made is not up to par with everyone else. I try not to let this bother me too much, but it’s something I cannot help but do. Hopefully as time passes and if I manage to join the team I will develop more self confidence and become a better writer in the end.

Tell me about any experience you have in the following: story writing, skin creating, redstone, plugins, and default minecraft commands and functions, Event Acting/Building/Planning.

Story Writing: I love to write stories, and even in my character’s backstories I love to include a long history. From when I was young I have always loved creative writing.
Here’s an example of one of my character’s backstories:
Skin Creating: As the word “art” in my username shows, I love to draw. In the past I have helped create textures for the new Toro Pack Vernon created. I enjoy making skins and even HD Skins (oh no) as well. Every single one of my characters have an original Skin I have made myself. (I am also able to create concept art of characters, scenes, and other things for events if needed)

Pixelmon:
Due to Toro being a server based around Pixelmon, Pixelmon can often play a prominent role in events. I am very Knowledgeable about Pokemon and Pokemon lore.

Acting/Building/Planning: I may not be able to Act for most events, however if needed I am happy to lend a helping hand. In terms of Building I am also able to help, I have been the head builder on a couple servers a long time ago. Although I may have lost my touch, I still may be able to help with certain things and creating concept designs if needed. In terms of Planning, I would be happy to be involved with the creating of future events and helping them move smoothly along when it’s finally time for them to be played out.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:

Power has begun to flicker around Toro. In places such as Aurelia a couple lights have gone out or are dimmed, but thankfully due to the back up generators this seems to be the worst of it and places like the hospital are still able to continue to be up and running. However other towns are not as lucky. Some homes lose power, and Carmine in particular loses all power, it’s a total blackout.

An emergency radio broadcast is sent; talking about the issue, informing that the power in Carmine has completely gone out and that investigations are soon to go underway to find out why this is happening. On arrival in Carmine, players would see the Nurse Joy of the town whom is frantically rushing around. Talking to the Nurse, players find out that all of her equipment is offline and she is unable to treat Pokemon whom are in serious need of medical care. Players have the option of staying in Carmine to help Nurse Joy treat these Pixelmon by using moves such as Heal Pulse or looking for berries such as Oran and Pecha berries in the nearby forest (Can possibly have a couple chests with berries, a scavenger hunt of sorts) in order to treat these ill Pokemon. On the other hand, Players can also go venture to find out why this is happening.

Players who choose to leave spot a large black storm cloud in the distance. As they grow near, they discover that it’s located right above the Toro Power plant. Thunder booms overhead as players head towards the plant to investigate (the storm’s winds and rains overpowering the usual sandstorm, allowing players to venture into the area). As they near the powerplant, players must be wary about lightning strikes (preventing the use of flying mounts). Finally once they get close to the powerplant, they discover a hole or opening which is illuminating from light inside
( http://image.prntscr.com/image/cdea746e ... cbb379.png ).

Upon entering the Players find a Raikou!
( http://image.prntscr.com/image/9493cb02 ... f16b08.png Place where Raikou is) This legendary Pixelmon is feeding off the the Powerplant’s Electricity, loose wires are located all around it as it seems to be in a sleep-like state. If players send out their Pixelmon to attack, the Raikou will wake up and defend itself. However if they choose to approach it calmly they discover a serious looking wound on the Pixelmon. The Raikou is powerful, and isn’t fazed by the players Pixelmon. After a bit, someone may notice the wound (pointed out by a dm). This tying both paths together.

It seems that the Raikou had come to the Power plant in order to heal itself and to regain its strength (carrying the Volt Absorb Ability). If the players keep attacking despite seeing its wounds, the Raikou will give off a final and powerful Thunder attack before fleeing the Powerplant. However; depending on their actions, the players may be able to calm the Pixelmon down (via Hypnosis, Heal Bell, ect) in order to help it. The Raikou can be healed by players teaming up having their Pixelmon use electric attacks on it (if no one has electric types, it can be healed via berries or Pixelmon moves such as Heal Pulse. This Raikou would be wary and growl at the players if man-made items are used, this being the last method of healing if none of the methods before are able to be used). Once healed, the Raikou gives them a grateful look before leaving.

Soon, the storms above begin to die down and players quickly leave to avoid the approaching sandstorms. Upon leaving they discover that the Power in Carmine had begun to return. Players who helped Nurse Joy are thanked for their kindness by her, having saved the life of many Pixelmon.

(1)Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.
-Chests to use for the berry collecting
-Night time + Rain
-Editing in the space where Raikou is, adding wires and electricity particle effects around it.
-Place a Speaker by Powerplant that plays the sound of thunder

(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them too.

Nurse Joy
A kind and selfless woman who helps out people and Pixelmon. Nurse Joy is an expert on Pixelmon health and along with her Partner Pixelmon Blissey work together to treat Pixelmon on a daily basis. However on this occasion Nurse Joy is panicked and concerned about the Pixelmon she is unable to treat. She does her best to keep a calm front, but her concerns can slip through at times, especially if something isn’t going well. She needs help, and she need to find it soon so that the Pixelmon who need help can be treated.

Raikou
The Legendary Pixelmon of Thunder. This injured Raikou has come to the Toro Powerplant in order to regain its strength after being injured. As such it can become aggressive if it thinks it’s under attack and will fire off powerful electric attacks. It is also wary of humans and man-made items.

(3) Create and attach a skin of a character within the event.
Nurse Joy (Unshaded): http://image.prntscr.com/image/2806102c ... 6c4c59.png

(4) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event or create a poster that could be published via the Forums that would get players interested in the event.

1. All around Toro, lights begin to flicker on and off. Small sparks fly from the bulbs and some even give out entirely, the glass cracking and falling to the floor.

2. “Oh.. Excuse me!” A woman rushes over to the crowd with a small smile, however she seems to be shaking somewhat. “Do any of your Pixelmon happen to know Heal Pulse? I’m the Nurse Joy of Carmine, and due to this storm there are a lot of Pixelmon in serious trouble. If any of you could be so kind as to lend a helping hand, I would appreciate it..” She lowers her head, her eyes pleading.

3. A large lightning bolt lights up the sky shooting out from seemingly north of Carmine.

4. A Large Pixelmon lays in a mess of wires. Sparks fly all around it, seeming to be absorbed into its body.

5. The Raikou raises it’s head and looks at the crowd with furious eyes. Springing up, it lets out a loud roar, thunder booming overhead as it seems to be one with it’s cry.

6. The Raikou’s body begins to spark until suddenly it’s body is engulfed with a bright blue surge of electricity. The Raikou roars, the electricity taking a form of a Thunderbolt as the attack is aimed right at the group.

7. As the Raikou jumps up, a painful looking wound comes into view on its hind leg. The Raikou lets out another loud cry as it prepares to fire off another attack.

8. The Raikou dodges the attack, the move instead hitting the wall behind it and creating cracks in the wall. The Pixelmon moves too fast to land most hits, and it seems attacking this Pixelmon is only bringing about damage to the Powerplant.

9. Hit by the move, Raikou staggers back for a moment before letting out another ferocious roar. If it wasn’t mad before, it definitely was now.

10. Nurse Joy lets out a sigh of relief as the last Pixelmon’s fever seems to have finally cooled down. “Thank you all for your selfless actions, you’ve all saved the lives of innocent Pixelmon and I couldn’t have done it without you,” she tells them with a bright and warm smile. Her Blissey lets out a happy cry as well.
Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Re: EchoArtz ET-C Application

Looks good! Accordingly, the next step is for me to interview you. We can coordinate that in PMs or what have you soon. I promise it isn't a scary interview. In the mean time, have fun on the server!
Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Re: EchoArtz ET-C Application

Congratulations! Your application is...

Return to “Accepted Applications”