Packrat5555's ETA app

bigpapa672
MC name: Venidraes

Packrat5555's ETA app

MC Username: packrat5555/K9cypress

Time Zone: PST

Number of hours available: Well, at the moment I'm good all day. But when school starts back up I'd say about 7 hours or so!

RP Name: Jacob Black and Amy Devillite

RP Age: Jacob is 24, and Amy is 7

Are you in any leadership positions in-game? Let's see....does being related to the best trainer in game count? No? Then, nope!

Define meta-gaming, and give two examples. Taking information you know oocly and bringing it icly. Ex1: Telling someone oocly about something that happened icly and then the person using that information ic. Ex2: Knowing everything about a person from playing a past character.

Define power-gaming, and give two examples. Roleplaying with someone, or something, and that thing being impossible to beat. Ex1: Not being able to hit the person, or thing, because they're not rolling and always 'dodging' it. Ex2: Not rolling for anything, and successfully doing everything you actioned.

Explain the difference between IC and OOC. IC is, well, In character. Meaning that you are playing as the character that you made, or as in the ETA case, that you were assigned to be. OOC Is, well, Out of Character. Where you are, you and are not playing as someone, or something else.

What can you bring to the Actors team? Well, I'm a pretty good actor in real life and I believe that I can help a lot in these events where you may or may not need an Actor. I've seen many people do the ETA sort of things and it doesn't look that hard, and I do believe that I'll be able to help contribute and help the team!

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team? Catching up with the rp, say it's a big event and we're uh, blowing up the new hospital! And there's lots of actions going on, lots of talking. I wouldn't be able to keep up with that a lot, but if I take my time to go up and read it all, it may take awhile, but I can get it done.

Create one unique idea for an Event you would like to create and be a part of as an Event Actor. Minimum of two paragraphs, specifically including information about event-only characters Well. I was thinking of the standard, Reaper Z attacks, blowing stuff up(obviously the new hospital) and there being lots, and lots of action! I'd think that there would be lots, and lots of grunts. Now, I'm not saying that I'd be a grunt, I was more thinking of someone of high authority but not someone like Z. I was thinking of someone who controls all the grunts, besides Z and the main boss of the grunts while Z is having a nice vacation, or relaxing.

BUT! Back to the event planning and such. I was thinking that around the area, where there is the office with the RTMP and PaR(I forgot the name of the building, forgive me D:) Z would show up, and uh, do Z stuff! Like blowing things up, and blah, blah. BUT! I'd think that to make it more interesting, I would be able to play and control the Grunt boss? Grunt boss man? Whatever cool fancy name comes up! I'd think that he would be able to command and tell the grunts of what to do, to try and distract other people so they focus their attacks on the grunts and not Z, so Z can go ahead and do his blowing up stuff and such!

Okay, okay, now getting to the character detail and such. I'm thinking that the grunt boss guy would be a fairly tall and built man. He'd be atleast 6'7 and REALLY big in muscle. I'm thinking that he would be somewhat of a harsh talker, someone who uses threats to get the information he may need. Now, with all of the attacking. I was thinking that whilst Z is blowing up the area near the area that I explained earlier, my actor character will be commanding other grunts(Hopefully other actors) and pointing out specific players to attack/mess around with. Now, whilst all of that is going on I'm thinking that some of the RTMP/APD would be there, so I was thinking that if Jay was there, Z would remember that whole metagross hyper beam situation and target Jay the most.

Now, that leaving it up to the grunts to stop other people from hitting/hurting Z while he's charging up some attack to affect the whole area around him. Now obviously the attack wouldn't affect Z the most because he'd be preferably flying and not on ground. But, back to the grunts. I was thinking that there could be some other fairly built grunts in muscle and they would be the, let's say, protectors of my actor character. They would stand by him at all times whilst he's commanding the other grunts to hurt and distract the people from hurting Z. Now, if all of this goes correctly I'd think that Z would launch his attack, and it would hit BUT some people, if they had some sort of teleporting and or flying pixelmon they could roll to see if they could dodge the attack, seeing as the attack would be huge and it'd take atleast 5-10 seconds to hit the ground, giving the players to dodge the attack if they got a good roll.

Now, if the plan failed, and Z did get interrupted during the attack, everything would fail. The attack would probably miss the area he wanted it to and hit a building near the grunts, leaving the remains of the building to fall onto the grunts and majorly hurt them. Now, Z being Z he would most likely teleport away, leaving the grunts hurt and stuck under the rubble of the destroyed building next to them! Now, that being said I could imagine that the grunts would be took captive and put into jail for some questioning of some sorts, and that would most likely be the end of the event, leaving it up to the people to fix Aurelia! Again...

Previous experiences: Uh, well, nope! But previous experience doesn't mean you'll be good/bad at it.
Other comments or concerns: Uh, -HANDS A COOKIE TO BRIBE- And I'm sorry if I don't correctly understand the meaning of this, I'm sort of bad with explaining stuff but if I get accepted and I'm able to do a mini-event than hopefully I'll do good...? -but still hands a cookie anyways-
Last edited by bigpapa672 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

Re: Packrat5555's ETA app

Hello again, Pack! Thanks for your interest in being an ET-A!

Your app is pretty good! The questions are correctly-answered and all, so that's all good! Your event, however, needs a lot of work. I want a good bit of detail, including information about the character you're acting as, what they look and sound like, and not just a smushed-together generalization of different points in the event. Write out a mini-event, something that you'd do kinda on-the-fly after asking about in in Event chat. Make sure, again, you're including everything you will need about the character - looks, personality - then talk me through the event - how you're going to start it, how the character will react and move the players through the mini-event, including dialogue and action, any possible twists and turns that may happen during the event based on players' reactions to what your character is doing, making sure to add as much detail and writing that you can. Really milk it and sell the event to me!

ET-As are important, and I need to know you can create and understand the process that goes into being an actor. It's not simply being assigned a role and performing it like you're told to. We encourage actors to create mini-events and keep players entertained when nothing else is going on. Having a plan, keeping organized, and knowing the character you're acting as are all huge parts of this process.

All of this being said, I'm gonna go ahead and get you on the server sometime for your RP test. I know we did one not too long ago, but it's always good to keep checking. During the time until then, I want you to revise your event using the information I've just told you. Look back on past ET-A apps or even the ET-C apps if you're feeling ambitious. After all that is done, I'll look back over it and make my decision. Remember, there is no such thing as too much detail or too much writing! c:
bigpapa672
MC name: Venidraes

Okay....I HOPE It's better now, so, uh, BUMP
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

The event is a lot better, so thank you for that. I would still like to see a mini-event with a regular person and not a TN event. However! There will be plenty of time to do that because your ET-A application has been...

Return to “Accepted Applications”