Kampfkater
MC name: Kampfkater

Kampfkater's Game Moderator Application

Full Name: Erik Ristau

RP Name: Erik Sulphur

MC Username: Kampfkater

Time Zone: GMT+1

Number of hours available:
I usually am available for 5-6 hours a day, but it can be more or less depending on real life and Internet buddies.
I keep track of the forums a lot, too, even though I am more of a lurker...

Are you in any leadership positions in-game?

Erik's the gym leader of Cobalt, but I don't consider that a leadership position at all, since he bosses no one around...
He however usually shows characters who just arrived around and helps them get started.

What can you bring to the GM team?
Well, I'm an experienced Moderator, adequate RP'er and a person very fond of working in a team, which is due to me playing in a band. I also am, due to living in Europe online when no GM is, and therefore am the only person to help others out around that time. I sometimes have pretty good ideas, but my strong point definitely is in thinking about the ideas of others and listing all pros and cons while staying objective. This objectivity is vital to being a GM in my opinion, which is why I am applying for the position now.

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to moderate?

Out of experience I can say that my weakest point is being too reluctant when using my powers. I usually only use them when directly told to do so or when it is a given under the circumstances. If there are, for example, any loopholes in the rules I usually am too afraid of doing anything wrong and just try to ask the one responsible for it.
This however leads to me being quite vigilant when it comes to following given rules, and breaking them is a big no-no in my book.

With GM powers, what is one aspect of the server you would change?

This is a very hard question for me, as I usually don't think Moderators are the ones to initiate change. They are just the people that keep the server experience as good as possible for everyone involved. I think I'd probably just ensure that any problems, be they technical or personal, would be solved as quick as possible to ensure that the server "flows" as well as its design allows it.
If I had to change anything however I'd sometimes add small things to explore around Toro, so that the people who like to walk around and look at the scenery could enjoy a new thing or two once in a while.

Previous experiences:
As I've already told you I've moderated on the PGN server for about two years before it went offline. I was the head moderator there and I consider myself to have done a good job there (Well, I didn't have any negative feedback at least)
I also currently am an RP Trainer here, which you should probably know. In my real life I was a class representative for 7 consecutive years, which has helped me in developing the ability to be quite formal where it is needed.

Other:

I still am very torn about writing this, because I basically have told myself I'd not apply for any higher positions on this server back when I wrote my first application. I've now done exactly that twice. My reasoning for that probably is that I really love this server. I've had some of my best moments of gaming in Toro and I want other people to experience the same.
Peach
MC name: Peachi3xx

Re: Kampfkater's Game Moderator Application

Return to “Accepted Applications”