Valekz's Whitelist Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Valekz
MC name: Valekz

Valekz's Whitelist Application

-Player Questions-

Minecraft Username: Valekz

Discord Username: Valek#0550 (If applicable! To help us contact you if we need to ^^)

Where did you hear about us: A Friend (ᑭᖇIᑕKᒪYᑭEᑎGᑌIᑎ223 on Discord) found the server online. (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)

Tell us a little about yourself: Bad at Minecraft but have always enjoyed playing Pokémon. Enjoy playing strategy games so the I really enjoy the battling aspect of Pokémon. Quite in nature, so the rp element will take some getting used to but I love learning new things and this will be something to learn.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying? Taken on a new character or personality whilst playing a game with a community to enjoy time.

What is meta-gaming? Using information that was gained outside of the roleplaying experience.

What is power-gaming / god-modding? Basically, getting an unfair advantage that you should otherwise not have.

What is retroactive continuity? Changing lore in a way that contradicts prior established lore

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC- Acting as you expect your character to act. OOC- Acting in a way that doesn't follow your character’s prior actions.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) Absolutely None.

Personal Question to Reader: How would you differentiate between OOC and character progression? Thank You.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Val Lat

Appearance: A young average looking male, with brown hair and sapphire blue eyes. Generally, wares a pair of running shoes. The shoes are black and white as they bear a close resemblance to the one given to him by his mother.
His trousers are navy blue. Although told that his tastes are bleak, he prefers the simple look. Wears a black, short sleeved t-shirt with a small custom design on it. He also always wears a necklace around his neck given to him by a friend a long time ago, but few people know about it as it's always tucked into his shirt.
Standing tall at an average of 5"10'. His legs are strong as he enjoys taking walks and his hand grip is that of a wrestler as he rides on Pokémon and uses his crafting and mining tools with the skills of a master.

Personality: Sucks! He's a quite person who often keeps to himself. Although getting close is difficult, you can guarantee he'll have your back in double battles once you do. After living for so long, he seems to care less about the small things in life, but his love for Pokémon battling has never faded away.
Quite to people as he may be, he has a great love for Pokémon, who he often interacts with more than other people. Determined to become the best trainer in all the known to him regions, he puts in way too much work getting stronger, even staying up at nights to train and explore.
Has a greater love for steal types as his father was the former steal type gym leader of the Sinnoh. Dislikes Byron for his unwillingness to use stronger Pokémon in his gym battles, often getting annoyed at the taught of him not evolving his Bronzor.
Enjoys the Spring season as it brings warmth and sunshine. (Hard on the outside, but clearly a softly)
He can also often be considered arrogant, but he always defends that arrogance by saying that it's confidence, and uses his achievement to show it.

Biography: After losing to the Champion of his home region, Cynthia, he has decided to set out to a new region to meet new Pokémon and strong trainers. However, he has decided to start anew with a fresh team of Pokémon as to re-experience the growth of getting stronger, both in and out of battle along with his Pokémon.
Born 250 years ago, he was caught in a battle between 2 wild Pokémon. Blessed with luck, he was saved by the legendary Pokémon from Johto, Ho-oh, which granted him the blessing of eternal youth.
Setting out on an adventure at a late age of 11, he chose Chimchar, who is his best 'friend' to this day, as they have fought countless times along-side each other. Their fondest memory together was obliterating Byron in a display of total dominance.
For many years, he explored the regions of Sinnoh, Hoenn and Unova, defeating many trainers along the way. Eventually, he returned back to his home region of Sinnoh to face the new champion, Cynthia.
After his loss to her, they became good friend and often fought to train and enjoy their time. Thanks to these battles, Cynthia even gained the recognition of the strongest champion.
Eventually however, he decided to once again go to a new region, but this time, to start from anew.

Flaws: Difficult to approach. He also finds it difficult to approach and even talk to other people, especially those who he deems weak in battle. His own opinion on his weakness is his lack of knowledge on certain regions and their Pokémon.
He also has a tendency to wear the same clothes, but he always defends himself by saying that it's hard to always change skins (3rd Wall??).
Arrogant, and often overconfident when it comes to battle.

Ambitions: Become the strongest trainer in all the regions and to one day set up an international Pokémon league for only the strongest of trainers in all the regions to battle in.
To one-day meet with Ho-oh once more, and to thank it properly for saving his life.

Starter Pixelmon: If bred: Meditite - Huge power, Jolly, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Bullet Punch, Psycho Cut. (All egg moves)
If Beginner: Mudkip

Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

https://www.minecraftskins.com/uploads/ ... 5.png?v422

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

1.After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Val tiredly looks at the woman and in a quiet voice says, "Sorry, I'm awfully tired at the moment. Can you ask me about it tomorrow”?
Still as cheerful and enthusiastic as before, the woman proclaims, "I understand, but this will only take a second. Would you be so kind to help us with this research, there's only three questions!"
After a deep sigh, Val gives in not wanting to make a scene and to get it over with, he accepts to answer the questions.
"I came here from Sinnoh, and my goal is to begin a new Pokémon adventure, and reach the top of Pokémon Battling". He answers softly, but with a slight hint of pride.
"And as for where I'll go, even Ho-oh couldn't tell. I will follow the strong! Whether trainer or Pokémon". This time, his tone changing from a soft and quite one, to one of excitement and enthusiasm.
"That's brilliant!", the woman responds. "It's been a while since we last had visitors from Sinnoh. I hear the food there is most enjoyable!".
Realising that this may turned into a full conversation, Val quickly responds, "Indeed, the food is the best in the world. Oh I'm terribly sorry, but I must excuse myself, I have a friend to meet."
"I understand, thank you for the help. Good luck on your travels!"
Walking away, Val says, "Thank You!".
Leaning his head down, he walks away with an expressionless face, even more tired from the brief encounter.

2.You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

"Really?", Val mutters under his breathe. 'Must I really fight this child with a Rattata, he must only have started training, this is just a waste of time', Val thinks to himself as he takes out his Pixelball.
"Come forth, Mudkip!".
"Oh, so you use Mudkip, I haven't seen that Pokémon before!" The youngster shouted with excitement, taking a step closer to look at it. "Hey! I'm Joey, and you're my first real battle, so let’s have a good one!"
"Yeh", Val responds with a rather unusual lack of excitement. 'Hah, I guess you have to start somewhere', Val continues to think to himself.
"OK Rattata, Use Tackle Attack!!", Joey shouts, taking the initiative to begin the battle.
"Mudkip, Growl.", Val calmly says, certain in victory.
"Rattata! What's wrong!?", Joey asks, confused and flustered.
Val then quickly continues with, "Ok, now tackle".
As the rattata was sent flying, it fainted to a single hit, as though it was hit in a critical spot.
"Oh No! RATTATA!", Joey shouted as he ran worried towards his Pokémon.
Walking towards the youngster, Val says, "It's ok, he just fainted from the battle. Take it to the Pokémon centre and it'll be up and running in no time."
'Although, there was no doubt of victory, I do hope that the rattata is okay.', Val thinks as he walks on forward.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Valekz's Whitelist Application

Thank you for applying and the interest in our server! At this time we can't fully process your app though until there are some major changes:
- I would expand on your roleplay question - answers ( powergaming/metagaming) more with some examples, you seem to have the right idea though, but just to make sure! To better help you since you seem new to the medium :3 You can look at our accepted apps for help.
- Although for us, OOC means more Out of Character, like you as the RPer, and not the character, you're also right ^^

- The major part is your character's biography though: Toro's setting doesn't quite fit with that, and we couldn't accept a character like that.

We're a more grounded server, set in a different universe of sorts, so before the games / no canon characters. In addition to that, it means no magically blessed, eternally young characters! We want characters who would be part of our roleplay world, and less like - part of a game, so your character doesn't need to be a minecrafter, if that makes sense? We're more of a RP server, trying to weave together a story, rather than a Game Server!

You seem to have a good grasp on writing though, and you seem to be a very quick learner! If you're interesting in applying still, feel free to edit your app with a fitting character and let us know :3 !

As for your question: How would you differentiate between OOC and character progression? Thank You.
They're two completely different things for us, OOC being out of character - and character progression, is just, your character developing through the actions and rp? I don't know what you totally mean though but I'm happy to help!

Return to “Inactive Applications”