Penguin Whitelist Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Ryano10a
MC name: TyranicalTea

Penguin Whitelist Application

Minecraft Username: TyranicalTea
Discord Username: ᑭᖇIᑕKᒪYᑭEᑎGᑌIᑎ223#3296
Where did you hear about us: planetminecraft.com
Tell us a little about yourself: College student and avid dnd enthusiast, currently studying enterprise computing =). Also my favourite pokemon is jigglypuff.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? writing a fictional character and stepping into their shoes

What is meta-gaming? when the player uses information that their character shouldn't know to get access to items or scenarios that the player should not be privy to.

What is power-gaming / god-modding? It is when a player uses RP elements to make his character overpowered. This is especially the case when a player neglects to add any weaknesses to his character. Example, having a trainer who can capture any pokemon due to his incredible affinity with pokemon.

What is retroactive continuity? retcon is when pre existing lore is contradicted later down the line by new lore. Essentially the danganronpa timeline (as much as I love it).

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In character is anything done inside the RP and out of character are things done out of character

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) No, but i have played d&d before

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Chris Meyer

Appearance: A 5'7 man with auburn hair. Wears a traditional black and red Pokemon Ranger uniform. Always carries his trusty poketch to contact the rangers union in an emergency. Has hazel eyes and wears thick yellow goggles around his neck. Always wears heavy black boots that are suitable for rough terrain.

Personality: A caring young man found very fond of pokemon. Friendly and ambitious, hopes to make his legacy in this new region. Sometimes a bit airheaded, forgetting even the simplest of things. Perceptive when it comes to pokemon, being able to calm and empathize with the most ferocious of pokemon. Finds it easier to talk to pokemon than their trainers.

Biography: Once a pokemon ranger of the Almia region. After facing off against an evil syndicate taking advantage of pokemon to generate power; Chris now seeks to explore the history of the Toro region with his trusty partner Gligar. Has close ties to the ranger union however is currently focusing on exploring the history of the different regions. In addition to this he hopes to find new pokemon to form bonds with. Used to fighting against the groups that oppress pokemon.

Flaws: Easily angered, judgemental and Naive
Ambitions: To explore the history of the Toro region as well helping his partner pokemon to get stronger.

Starter Pixelmon: Gligar

Skin:
Pokemon Ranger

https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/929 ... on-ranger/

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' Other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

"Don't cry, it'll be okay" Chris said, getting down on one knee.
"it's my job as a pokemon ranger to help" he said with a smile
the girl wiped the tears from her puffy eyes "my Meowth, she's stuck! I cant reach her"
Chris looked up at the tree and began shuffling his feet.
With three quick leaps up the tree, Chris reached the Meowth and calmed it.
Chris cradled the meowth into his arms, before leaping off the tree.
the Meowth scratches Chris in fright "YEOWCH" cries Chris
"yay, Mr. Meowth you're okay. Thank you so much mister" the girl says blissfully
"haha no problem, sorry Mr. Meowth didn't mean to frighten you" Chris says lowly followed by a sigh of defeat

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

"oh, a pokemon battle" Chris responds with confusion, "but we just met"
"The only real way to connect with a trainer is through battle" the boy retorts
"HURRY UP AND GET YOUR PIXELMON" the boy shouts eagerly
"Oh, its on" Chris says passionately "Gligar has been itching to battle since we got here, you don't stand a chance"

Return to “Inactive Applications”