LynxPOG's Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
LynxPOG
MC name: LynxPOG

LynxPOG's Application

Minecraft Username: LynxPOG
Where did you hear about us: Reddit
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior at high school and are taking classes in Computer science and hope to major in it and become a video game dev in the future

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplay is in simple terms when you play a character aka play that role
What is meta-gaming?
Using the info you get out of game like discord or forums in-game
What is power-gaming?
power-gaming basically making impossible or unfair emotes/moves like making someone else get hit or tying someone up without giving them the chance to RP or roll.
What is retroactive continuity?
A retcon is when the plot contradicts facts stated priorly
What is a Mary Sue?
A perfect character with no flaws
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character is when you're actively playing your character and roleplaying it and OOC is when your not roleplaying your character and talking in IRL.
Do you have previous experience playing on an RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes, I have RP in LOTC, RTP, and dnd
-General Character Questions-
[There is one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Arien
Appearance:
White silverish hair, silver eyes 6"1. Has lightly tan skin and handsome features and a well-defined body. He wears a black tank top with a black jacket. He also wears black jeans with boots and also wears a red belt. He has sharp eyes and a cold stare.
Personality: Cold, Stoic. eccentric, and aloof, and is very caring to specific people and pokemon. He is passionate and will work hard for something he wants. He can seem mean and scary but when you get to know him he can seem kind of aloof and clumsy and caring. But at the same time, he can be easily labeled as the strong and silent type. A general overview of him is a loyal and caring friend that can seem mean and scary and can be sometimes.
Biography:
He grew up in Melemele Island in the Alola region. He grew up in a normal family and completely average until the age of 7 when his parents were killed by pokemon. From then on he grew up on the streets utilizing the kindness of people on Melemele Island to get by and this is also how he kept his trust in humans but he could barely tolerate pokemon as he hated them. One day at the age of 10 he was in the forest looking for berries and anything he can find when a Fearow attacked him when a Zorua came and protected him and fought the Fearow for him. From Then on he lived in the forest with pokemon he thought of like family and went into the city occasionally and for 6 years he lived like. When he was 16 he decided to leave and start a new life and have a fresh start so he went to the toro region.
Flaws: He can be protective of his pokemon to an excessive extent. He can be really aloof because he grew up with pokemon and in the forest. He also has no common sense because he had no one to teach him. He is very picky with who he lets be his friends and pokemon. With his lack of common sense, he can seem rude and seem different than he intends.
Ambitions: He wants to expand his knowledge of pokemon and inspires to know everything about them. He wants to become a great pokemon trainer and catch every pokemon there is. He also wants to become a pokemon researcher to find everything he can find out about pokemon. He also wants to at least challenge the elite four. And take on the gym leaders.
Starter Pixelmon: Zorua
Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in the third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in the third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

At first, he's startled and quickly assess the situation to see if there's danger. As he sees there's nothing wrong, he climbs up the tree easily and grabs the meowth. Then he climbs down with it and turns to the girl."Here's your pokemon never lose it again and don't ever let your pokemon alone" "sniff sniff ok.... thank you". He then turn away and continues walking saying bye.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"Uhhh I came from Alola and I don't have a plan on where I want to go" the lady then says " huh then why did you come". "I came to train my pokemon and also see if I can catch any pokemon". "so you're a pokemon trainer yes" "yes I guess," Arien said. "what do you mean I guess" "Wasn't this for survey stop asking so many personal questions or leave.
"fine ill leave I was just doing my job" Her expression changing from cheery to annoyed.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Return to “Inactive Applications”