Dianamond2
MC name: Dianamond1

Dianamond Application // Lilith DeVoir

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Dianamond1
Discord Username: Dianamond

Where did you hear about us: Previous Member

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a college graduate that works at a local private zoo/aquarium as an Aquarist. I love role playing, drawing, Pokemon, dragons, gaming and the Monster Hunter franchise. I enjoy spending time with my family and talking with friends on Discord since I moved away from my homestate a few years ago with my folks. I have three cats at home and many animals I work with at the aquarium, including penguins, flamingos, axolotls and macaws which I all love.

-Roleplay Questions-

What is roleplaying?
- Roleplaying is controlling your own character to interact with others in certain situations while maintaining their personality and character traits.

What is meta-gaming?
- Meta-Gaming is using OOC (out of character) knowledge to apply to your character, something that they shouldn't know otherwise such as a character secret or the location of a Pokemon, etc.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?
- God-modding is taking control of a situation that isn't yours to control, or controlling a character that isn't yours. God modding is frowned upon in any role play community and can have severe consequences.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
- Retconning means you redact situations or information that happened. While this isn't done very often, it is done to help cut content that may be lengthy, unnecessary or not relevant to the situation(s) at hand.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
- IC means you are talking as your character, and not yourself. OOC means you are talking as yourself and not your character. For example your character is Lucy and your name is Lillian. IC means you are talking as Lucy, and OOC means you are talking as Lillian.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
- Yes, and I have done role playing on other sites as well such as DeviantArt, Discord Servers and with friends.

-General Character Questions-

Full name: Lilith DeVoir

Appearance:
Lilith is a 5'8" tall woman at about 175 pounds. She has long black hair that she likes to keep in either a ponytail or a bun to keep it out of her face. Lilith wears gold frame glasses and a heart shaped pendant with her, which she doesn't seem to take off or keep it far if she has to. She has a fair complexion and only wears makeup when she sees. Lilith can be seen wearing rather formal clothes including dress clothes and long skirts, but doesn't seem to lean towards full dresses unless asked. She is also almost always seen carrying a book with her, catching up on the latest read she could find.

Personality:
Lilith may seem scary to approach sometimes with her monotone like expression, but, she means well in the very end due to her grab bag of social skills. She is well-mannered and treats others with utmost respect, even if and when they test her patience. Lilith is not one to put down others, but may use 'tough love' to help them achieve and get better at the particular matter at hand. Although her emotions are hard to tell sometimes she breaks down those walls on only a few occasions: reading a good book, talking about something she likes or talking to family and friends. Lilith has also been known to sometimes look at her pendant for a long time without saying anything, but will quickly dismiss the matter and move on to another topic if asked about it.

Biography:
Lilith DeVoir came from a relatively wealthy family that lived in Lilycove of the Hoenn Region. Her life was mainly set out for her with little room for her own choices. Wardrobe? Parents. School? Parents. Who she could spend time with? Dictated by her parents. Despite wanting to please her parents all the time she secretly yearned for the things other children had that made them happy. When her parents caught her, unfortunately, she was punished by staying at home and being homeschooled for several months. After being asked if she would do it again, Lilith merely replied, "No.".

Months turned into years and finally Lilith was a young woman of age. Her parents were pleased with how she became a perfect adult and finally allowed her the freedom she wanted. She was given her own place near home to live and economic support until she could start making it work on her own. Despite this newfound freedom Lilith struggled to keep social connections even though she had excellent work ethic. As time went on Lilith began to feel deep down she was missing something, but that feeling was soon replaced with mourning as her parents passed due to an accident outside of home.

At the funeral Lilith's family butler, Adams, was present to console her. He felt like a second father to her when her own was busy at work, so it only felt right. In their will Lilith was given custody of the house, as their only child, so Lilith gave Adams her own personal home so he could still be nearby, but close if he ever needed it. She was also given a small box, and within it, there was a golden heart pendant that had their last family photo in it. Lilith vowed to always keep it close, so she wouldn't lose them again.

Adams knew that Lilith needed a fresh start and new atmosphere so she wouldn't keep thinking about her parents, so he acquired a ticket to the Toro Region to allow her a new place to explore. He presented the opportunity to her on her birthday, which she took without hesitation. Despite going somewhere new, she knew Lilycove would always be her home in case anything happened. After dealing with loose ends, having Adams take over the single family home and ensuring he would have a good living here, Lilith took the ticket and headed onto the S.S.Anne to go to the Toro Region to begin anew.

Flaws:
- Stubborn. Lilith can be very adamant when it comes to her way of thinking or working. It takes a lot of convincing for her to think or do something otherwise, and even then, she will still not like it.
- No-Nonsense. Lilith doesn't tolerate horse-play and jokes. It's often why she is called a stick in the mud, but she calls it being productive.
- Not-So-Social-Butterfly. Lilith struggles with social interactions outside traditional greetings and small talk. Despite this she still tries to go to social events to learn skills she should of already had.

Ambitions:
- Social Skills. Despite her growing up in a very controlled environment, a part of her still yearns for people she could call friends that she could spend time with.
- Run a Library. At home her family had a large collection of books for her to read. Even when she was homeschooled she found some escape in reading about the worlds beyond in pages that could go on for hours, days even. She wishes to run a library of her own so people of all kinds can enjoy the same wonder she did.
- To Repay Adams. She doesn't want Adam's efforts to go in vain, so she strives to better herself to help repay Adams, even just a little bit, for helping raise her as her second father.

Starter Pixelmon: Ralts, Female
Skin: https://imgur.com/a/Vy9jZoX *
* Outdated. Being redone by fellow Toro Member!

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Lilith looks down to the little girl as she tugs on her jacket, seeming to take a moment to process the situation before realizing that she needed help. Bookmarking and closing the book she was reading on the go she turned and leaned down a little to hold the little girls face.

"There there," Lilith mumbled, seeming to show empathy even though her expression didn't seem like it, "Don't worry, Tia and I will get them down. What's your name sweetie?"

"A-Aurora," The little girl sniffled, letting this woman wipe away her tears, "P-Please help him get down, I don't want him to fall!"

"Alright Aurora, can you show me the tree again?" Lilith asks as she pulls out a Pokeball, walking behind Aurora as she ran to the tree.

"Fluffy!!" Aurora called out, and then pointed to the Meowth partially hidden in the tree branches, "T-There he is! He's so much higher up now ... ohhh please be careful with him!!"

Lilith adjusted her glasses and squinted to get a better look at the Meowth. Ah, perfect. It was just a normal Kanto Meowth, this would work then. Opening up her Pokeball Lilith let Tia her Ralts out, explaining the situation to her own small Pokemon. The Psychic Fairy type perked up and nodded, then used her psychic powers to gently lift the Meowth out of the tree and slowly down into Aurora's arms.

"Oh t-thank you miss!" Aurora whimpered, hugging the Meowth close as it let out a disgruntled meow, "C'mon Fluffy! We're going home and I'm giving you plenty of MooMoo Milk! You must have been so scared!"

Lilith and Tia watched them run off before she looked down to her Ralts. With a soft smile she nudged her head to the local cafe so they could sit and enjoy a snack for their efforts ... and so Lilith could finally finish that bookmarked chapter once and for all!

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Lilith blinked as she got off the S.S.Anne and was immediately bombarded with a questionnaire. Of all the people they could have picked for this statistical report, it had to be her? Well, fate is cruel, sometimes. OK. Don't give her your entire life story, just the basics. You can do this. With a quiet inhale Lilith mustered the best soft smile she could, to be polite, and looked to the bright looking woman before her.

"I came from the Hoenn Region, Lilycove City to be exact." Lilith began as she continued to hold her luggage, "I came here to look for new opportunities away from home, and because ... uhm ... my family thought it would be a good idea to come here."

"Oh wonderful!" The woman smiled, scribbling away at her clipboard, "It's always a good thing to pursue your own interests, even somewhere new! Where exactly in the region do you plan to go?"

"I don't know yet," Lilith added, keeping up that respectful aura about her despite the overly energetic woman in front of her, "Wherever may be the best place to run a library one day."

"I see!" The woman nodded, "Thank you for your time miss! You did very well, so thank you for your cooperation."

"Of course," Lilith nodded, but when she was alone again she let out a sigh of relief that no one could see. That went well, and she didn't make a fool out of herself. First impressions were important, even if it was to someone she would most likely never see again. Despite this interruption Lilith quickly made her way to the trolley to head to the main city, figuring somewhere like a hotel may be the best way to start so she didn't sleep who knows where.

Return to “Accepted Applications”