dvasva Application

dvasva
MC name: dvasva

dvasva Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: dvasva
Discord Username: dvasva#9459
Where did you hear about us: Google Search for "Pixelmon RPG servers" in a response to a reddit question.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Reza! I like reading, writing, playing D&D with friends, playing various instruments, woodcarving, knitting, and various other little hobbies I pick up randomly. I always end up coming back to Minecraft.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is a form of storytelling that involves acting out a character and interacting with a scenario or story as that character, either with other people or alone.

What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is using knowledge that you know out of character and letting it effect your in character actions. For example, knowing out of character that another character has some secret, then using that information in character.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Power-gaming or God-Modding is when you take control of a situation in a way that your character would not have. This can be giving yourself powers or abilities that don't exist/you do not have access to, or making another persons character do something they did not agree to.

What is retroactive continuity?
Changing information in lore after establishing it. It's a neutral term, but applied negatively can mean you change information you established to benefit you after learning some bit of information, especially if this change was made without consulting the mods first.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character happens when you are roleplaying your character, they are the actions and dialogue of the character you are playing. Out-of-character is when you, the player, are speaking in a way that has nothing to do with what the character is doing and does not reflect their actions, opinions, or words.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes, some. Two fantasy servers and one Lord of the Rings server. I also have experience on various forum roleplaying groups, as well as lots and lots of RP heavy D&D experience.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Lanhua Baiye

Appearance: Lanhua Baiye is small, soft, and sickly looking. They have a willowy, androgenous sort of appearance, with Tawny skin, grey-green eyes, and inky black hair. They tend to wear light, flowy clothing in white or blue colors that often resemble hospital clothes. Lanhua always has a sort of hazy look in their eyes, as if they are dazed and sick. Their hair is long, with a slight wave to it, that usually falls down their back in tresses, with a small section of it tied up at the top.

Personality: Lanhua is, first and foremost, stubborn. While they seem like they're a gentle type at first, they are instead a bit clumsy, haughty, and huffy, and don't tend to regard people who disagree with them well. When they make a decision, they follow it almost single-mindedly. If someone tells them they cannot do something, they will swear to trample over that person as they do the thing anyways. When they are particularly sick, they can be irritable and upset, but most of the time they are brightly enthusiastic.

Region of Origin: Oblivia (From Pokemon Rangers)
Biography:
Lanhua Baiye was born in the peaceful Oblivia Region to a rich family, where they lived a life mostly inside. They have two older brothers and a younger sister, all of whom are healthy.
Because Lanhua was born sickly, their parents became overprotective and refused to let them venture too far outside of the family estate or interact heavily with Pokemon. Lanhua's weak constitution, mixed with the cold weather that surrounded their home, meant that they really couldn't not comply with their parents overprotectiveness. This didn't sit well with Lanhua, who tended to be bored and antsy, and wanted to venture out and explore the world. They wanted, more than anything, to train Pokemon.
One year, when their health was particularly good, and the weather warmer than usual, Lanhua snuck out of their home and escaped on a ferry headed for the Toro Region, hoping they could start a life of adventure before their parents could figure out where they were.

Flaws: Stupidly stubborn, to the point where it negatively effects their health. Somewhat naive about certain realities, from being sheltered from the world for so long. They are almost incapable of saying no to requests, as well.

Ambitions: They want to be a strong, powerful, well respected Pokemon Trainer. Maybe a gym leader? Or Champion? Someone who nobody could ever say 'Lanhua, put some shoes on before you go outside' or 'Lanhua, don't eat that.' or 'Lanhua, take your medicine right now' to again!
Starter Pixelmon: Snom, nicknamed Lychee
Skin: https://namemc.com/skin/238c89469b9d460c

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Lanhua sucks in a breath, trying not to let the grimace show on their face. "Yeah, I can do that! I don't see why I wouldn't be able to do that!" Patting her head in an attempt to comfort.
They follow the little girl to where her Meowth is stuck, and suck in another breath through their teeth this time. "I can absolutely do this." They set down the little white dumpling of a Snom in their arms.
Lanhua tries climbing three times, the first resulting in them falling backwards halfway up the tree, the second resulting in the same, and the third ending in a slower, painful slide down the bark. Finally, Lanhua stands and huffs.
"Just wait a second, I can absolutely do this, don't worry!" They say as they start picking up little pebbles to throw at the Meowth. It is at this point that anyone would realize what a mistake they made in asking for Lanhua's help.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"Oh, uh! Yeah, of course, I can answer some questions!" They wipe their sweaty hands. "I'm from... Uh... Sinnoh! Sinnoh, that's correct." They start with lie. "And I'm just here to become a Pokemon trainer! I plan on travelling around the region, settling in, and challenging the gyms. Build a team, and all that! I think I could become really great, and Lychee here is going to one day be the strongest pokemon in all the land." The little Snom wiggles and blinks.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Lanhua, taken by surprise and not at all expecting this, screams. Then, their scream morphs into a harsh cough. They nearly throw Lychee the Snom, and end up doubled over, coughing their lungs out.
"Please!" *cough, cough, cough* "Do not do that!" *cough cough cough* "I have really bad lungs! I can't..." *cough cough cough* "handle surprises like that! What is going on?" *cough* They take a moment to get ahold of their ravaged lungs.
"Is this some kind of weird tradition? We didn't have battles like this where I'm from. Am I supposed to fight you? I can fight you, but you have a Rattata, and I have a Snom, clearly the superior pokemon." Lanhua gently places the Snom on the ground and watches at it slowly inches it's way forward, towards the Rattata.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: dvasva Application

Welcome! Howdy! Thank you for applying! I didn't see you on the discord, but if you join, ( which I highly reccomend ) you let us know and we can whitelist you there too! You can join us here: http://discord.gg/toro-league

When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guidea read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”