Sola Haze's Application

SolaHaze
MC name: Sola Haze

Sola Haze's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Sola Haze
Discord Username: Sola Haze#6968
Where did you hear about us: I looked up Pixelmon rp server on reddit and I found a post with this in the comments. I've forgotten where the post was, but I can find it if you want it.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student with some general social anxiety. I'm canadian and I love Pokemon, mostly cute ones. I love rp as well and am an active DnD player.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is when you play a character in a game with others who are playing characters, usually in an effort to make some sort of story or just have fun.
What is meta-gaming?
Metagaming is when you use knowledge that you know but your character couldn't know or doesn't know.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?
It's when you make a character who is disproportionately overpowered by comparison to the standard expectations of a character at your rank, or when your character forces an action upon another character without giving them the opportunity to react or counter it.
What is retroactive continuity?
When you change something in the canon of a story after it happens. More specifically, saying something that previously happened didn't actually happen.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In character is when you speak and act as your character, and Out of character is when you talk and act as yourself.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
A few scattered ones, but nothing this serious. But I play lots of DnD and do a lot of text-based rp.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Mara Haze
Appearance: Mara is a girl of average height and weight with fair skin speckled with freckles across her cheeks and nose. Her hair is a mousy brown and wavy, kept in two thin braids over her shoulders that don't hang very low. Her eyes are a dull brown, framed by black cat-eye glasses perched on her nose. Mara wears a maroon and grey striped sweater knit by her aunt, with brown overalls that are a bit torn at the knees. She frequently loses her socks, so she often wears mismatched ones with her grey running shoes.
Personality: Mara is a socially-awkward and scatterbrained individual with a good heart and a good mind. She is a clever girl but has a hard time keeping her attention span going, and she loses her train of thought often. She's a practical thinker, down-to-earth rather than dreamy, and believes in honest work and honest pay. When it comes to pokemon, Mara is kind and gentle and loves helping care for baby pokemon to grow big and strong. Mara isn't good at meeting new people, and rarely talks to strangers without being talked to first, but when someone asks her about a topic she likes, she can go on for hours. Despite her quiet and demure demeanor, Mara is always willing to get down in the dirt and do the hard work that needs to be done.
Biography: Mara was born and raised in Icirrus city in Unova to a family of berry farmers who persisted in their craft through the frigid spring, fall, and winter. The air always hung thick with mist, and rain fell often, leaving puddles that small water pokemon made their home in. Mara was always the hardest worker of her siblings, and particularly enjoyed feeding the animals they kept. She always felt more in touch talking to pokemon than with humans. Pokemon seemed to understand her better. A few of her siblings chose to leave and begin their own pokemon journey over the years, but Mara was loyal to the family business. But during her childhood, she met a sick pokemon, a small black fox-like thing that liked to put up illusions. A Zorua. She nursed it back to health and they became bonded. But over time, Zorua grew to long for adventure, and urged Mara to take it traveling. Mara didn't want to leave her family, but her mother saw how much this meant to her and decided to help her out, getting her a ticket all the way to the region of Toro to meet with a family friend of theirs and get her on her way. Mara didn't fancy becoming a pokemon trainer, but she loves befriending pokemon and wants to see the world.
Flaws: Mara is a bit of a pushover and is very bad at talking to people. She is curious, but easily disuaded by fear at signs of trouble. Mara also doesn't like to see pokemon get hurt.
Ambitions: Mara seeks to protect and make Zorua happy. But she also has a love of helping pokemon. She wants to find a way to conbine this travel and help lifestyle by becoming a traveling humanitarian and helper, going town to town helping people and pokemon, both wild and caught. She also seeks to befriend pokemon and bring them onto her team, as well as help pokemon in bad situations (like abusive trainers, or wounded wild pokemon, or abandoned pokemon, etc).
Starter Pixelmon: Zorua named Zora
Skin: https://namemc.com/skin/e7213743ca015556

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Mara blinks, jarred by the girl's sudden appearance but her mind quickly kicks into gear, and her eyes flicker around, looking for a tree. "A-alright, I can help. Where is it?"
The girl takes her by the hand and pulls her over to a nearby tree. She stumbles as she moves, but there in the tree she sees it, a lost kitten clinging to a branch. Her eyes widen and she goes beneath the branch, calling up gently. "Hey, little guy. It's alright. Everything's going to be okay. I'm gonna catch you, alright?"
The meowth looks down at her, panicked and scared, but she reassures it with her eyes, and it looks at the branch. She times a jump with it, telling it to let go and she'll get it. But when it does, she catches it, but the frightened little kitty knicks her face with its claw. She hisses, but chuckles, one eye closed. "There you go. See? Everything's alright."
She looks back down at the girl, placing the meowth down next to her. She embraces the small pokemon with a tearful hug. "Thank you miss! H-here! It's not much, but my dad got it for me and meowth doesn't seem to understand it." She hands over a disk in a transparent plastic case marked with a few words.

[You obtained TM44 Rest!]

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Mara's eyes widen and Zora shifts in her bag. She shakes her head. "I... no, no, I don't battle!"
"But you have a pokemon! And when two trainers eyes meet, they have to battle! That's the rules!" the kid yells, upset.
Mara shakes her head but Zora suddenly leaps out of the bag with an excited yip. Mara gasps, but she sees in his eye a glint of playfulness. "Zora? You want to battle?" Zora yips happily. Mara bites her lip. She doesn't battle unless she has to. But if Zora wants to...
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Sola Haze's Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”