HibiscusFlannel's Application

HibiscusFlannel
MC name: HibiscusFlannel

HibiscusFlannel's Application

-Player Questions-

Minecraft Username: HIbiscusFlannel
Discord Username: fragments#0709

Where did you hear about us:
Apologies for the lengthy responses in advance. My sibling and I were searching for a server to partake in, and happened to come across this one on the Planet Minecraft server list. Them and I love Pixelmon on its own, but we’ve always been the kind of people who enjoy a bit of roleplay/story now and then, so this peeked our interest. [My sibling may not join, but if they do, their username is WyloRozy.]

Tell us a little about yourself:
I've been in the Pokemon fandom since I was a little kid, and my love for it hasn't faltered one bit. My first ever official Pokemon in the first game I can remember playing was Piplup, but now that I think about it, it might have been Totodile from SoulSilver on the Gameboy. Sadly the game card can't save data for whatever reason, so I just keep it around to see how fast I can progress in the game rarely. I adore the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games to death, almost a little more than the core games. It brings an entirely new idea for Pokemon stories, without relying on humans as their main villain. Also, I just like being Treecko and Oshawott, so. But beyond Pokemon, I like writing stories in my free time and drawing. I'm not incredible at drawing, but I can still draw some things, thankfully. My humor is a little weird and not explainable, but I try not to say anything too out of pocket. Not that I do, but I worry sometimes. When I first meet people, I might not be quite so talkative, but that's simply because I'm trying to gauge boundaries of others, and mostly trying to figure out what they're like. Eventually it goes away and I act like myself, but if I seem a little distant or something of that sort, that is more than likely why.

-Roleplay Questions-

What is roleplaying?
To those who haven’t experienced roleplaying, it might just seem like pretending to be something or someone else… which, isn’t completely wrong. But it’s about story-telling YOUR side of an “improvised” story that your roleplay partner(s) make together, without the control of other people in the universe. Nothing on the fly is expected, but there are plenty of cases where the players will plan something out of character, whether in depth or otherwise. It’s a little bit like D&D, or Dungeons and Dragons, just with Pokemon and a little bit more control of what’s to happen, with permission of the staff and others. Roleplaying requires a team effort to make a good story happen.

What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming, as far as I’m aware, is when the character you are roleplaying as knows something or suddenly gets information they wouldn’t have known about at the time because the player out of character learns something about the roleplay, such as a hidden item they missed in a dungeon [referring to Dungeons and Dragons, lol. This will be mentioned quite a bit].

What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Power-gaming is where a roleplayer will make their characters, “stats”, as an example, maxed out like they would to win a game, instead of taking in consideration of the character’s weaknesses, traits, or going along with the actual roleplay aspect of the server. If that makes sense, anyways. They tend to have the “beat the game” kind of mindset, instead of roleplaying. As for god-modding; it involves forcing other roleplayers to continue with an action that the god-modder’s character initiated, most of the time. It is roleplaying an action with a character they don’t own, like forcing them to notice you in a cafe, or something of that sort. That is a less extreme example, however.

What is retroactive continuity?
Retroactive continuity, also known as retconning, is where a new piece of information either discards or changes previous events, whether through perspective, or the event as a whole. This could also lead to or be voiding of certain information that was given or received from a character.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In character, also known as actively being in the roleplay, playing as your character, means exactly that. There are several roleplayers that use brackets or parentheses to indicate that they are no longer acting with or speaking with their character to provide, answer, or simply talk to the other players themselves, not their characters. Some may do so to simply chat in general, but occasionally they might ask about the reasoning behind an action, or to give heads-up about something that may happen in or out of roleplay. Most obviously, what I list doesn’t limit to just that.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Plenty, if you mean roleplays in general! I’ve been in a few roleplay servers in Minecraft, but I have loads of experience on Discord servers, especially the semi-literate and literate ranged ones.

-General Character Questions-

Full name: Canall Lough Well

Appearance:
Slight ivory-toned skin with pale blue eyes and faintly dyed dark blue hair [her natural hair color is black]. Her hair is short and curly yet quite messy. She’s not used to cutting her own hair, which probably explains why the hair in the back is a little rugged. She tends to wear quite strange patterns and colors, and occasionally puts some yellow dangle earrings in once in a while. She’s always seen carrying a bag on her side, to allow her to carry her essentials. At least, that’s what she says. She has a faint furrow to her brows, and her jaw stiffens a lot without much notice, making her appear irritated quite a bit with her first impressions, not even realizing it.

Personality:
She always has some sort of rude remark to say, even when the person never met her before, but she doesn’t usually mean anything by it. She loves pulling chuckles out of a crowd or whoever is listening, even if it’s a tad self-deprecating from time to time. She has unconsciously avoided quite a few masculine presenting individuals since a few years back, at least the most that she can. She’s quite far into the true neutral moral alignment, at least with how her decision-making goes. She doesn’t mind breaking the law, but she wouldn’t go out of her way to do so.

Biography:
As a kid, she originally wanted to be a “master befriender of Pokemon”, probably so that she’d have more friends in her life that she could talk to more often, even if they couldn’t quite talk back. After her nuclear family continued to travel and move into temporary homes, away from everyone she met ever, she lost interest in that dream. She came to realize that it was farfetch’d [excuse the pun], being that she continuously had too little time to get even a true friend that wasn’t her sister. It wasn’t sad when she gave up on her childhood dream. It played a factor in finding out other things she found the most interesting- even some hobbies. Instead of wasting her time mourning her lost friends, she could jam out to songs, and beg her parents to let her buy some kind of instrument- specifically the drumset. But alas, her parents were already struggling with debt and bills anyways. She had to go work for it herself. When she going back home from a gig back in the Galar region in Motostoke, she was tackled by an unexpected nearly charcoal black Zigzagoon that had been stalking her from the shadows that casted from the setting sun by several buildings. It was chewing her bag, attempting to eat whatever it had caught a glimpse of inside it. Eventually she got the Pokemon under control without it breaking her precious bag, but sadly it suffered bite marks. The Zigzagoon had a few crooked teeth that poked from its top lip and was completely filthy. It was pretty clear it was a stray. She eventually brought it home after what treatment she could give, bringing it home for what she thought would be a few nights. To this day, she has no idea why the Zigzagoon was in that condition, nor why it attacked her so suddenly. She had no food on her that she was aware of, anyways. But it seemed to hold no grudge or anything against her when she made it her first Pokemon friend. [Canall had a shiny necklace that she found on the ground that day, which was what Scritch [Zigzagoon] was after.]

Flaws:
She doesn’t consider whether or not a person knows her well enough to be sure that what she’s saying is only to tease or joke around. She also has a weird allergic reaction to her own hair if it is left to grow, and has a hard time focusing on more than one thing, except when it comes to music. She has a strong aversion to adventuring in dark spaces without someone or something with her.

Ambitions:
She wants to play the drums in a band, even if she has to make her own. She hopes to make that a kind of job for herself, at least part-time if she has to.

Starter Pixelmon: Galarian Zigzagoon
Skin: Because I rushed a little at the end, I may redo this skin entirely. I don’t like how the colors are.

-Open Response Questions-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Canall lowered herself to listen to the girl when she was approached unexpectedly, her hands on her knees to support her upper half as her eyebrows deepened somewhat to the little girl’s plea. She nodded briefly, standing up in a blink of an eye to saunter over to the tree’s base, her pupils adjusting to the level of light from the filtered sunlight between the leaves and branches. She scanned the surface of the tree’s arms and trunk for the Meowth, grabbing a pixelball from her bag, calling out, “Scritch, I need y’er help!” before the black and white Zigzagoon burst from the magical beam from inside the ball.
It shook itself on the mossy ground, barking and growling at Canall in response to being yanked out of it’s precious rest-time. “C’mon, I haven’t worked y’ at all today. Y’ might as well just get yerself up there and encourage it down.” She said, huffing in the process with a raised brow, narrowing her eyes down at it. It whined and snarled, stomping its foot with an assumably sassy remark. “I’ll make sure that y’ don’t get nearly as much as me for supper, I s’ppose!” she threatened, crossing her arms. It shrieked in panic, grabbing at her folded pant leg with its claws as if to beg her not to do something so unimaginably cruel. “Then get to it. I can lift y’, and y’ can lure it down- at least enough so that I can reach it.” She planned, itching her chin faintly. “Okay?” She asked, searching for some kind of confirmation. It bobbed it’s head up and down, turning away from it’s trainer to look up at the terrified Meowth with a nasty smirk. This would probably end terribly.. Poor Meowth indeed.
The Zigzagoon who Canall nicknamed Scritch struggled a tad to get a hold of the rough texture of the bark that the tree wore, but eventually got it. Canall was watching, her arms out to pick it up originally, but it seemed that Scritch either forgot that she was going to give it a boost, or it was blatantly ignoring her for some reason. She sighed and rolled her eyes, throwing her arms up before leaning into a side of the tree that Zigzagoon wasn’t on, simply waiting until she could help finally.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Canall tightened her grip on the handle of the luggage she had at her side at the moment, her left foot tapping on the ground impatiently. “Oh. OH! Thank y' so very much!” She said with a forced smile, “Ahh, okay.” She stammered after the unexpected encounter. “I came from the Galar region.” She squinted, holding her head with one hand. “I guess I came to kind of experience life. I mean, I’m alive, but I wasn’t living, y’know?” She rambled, still attempting to process what was going on. “I’m hoping that I can visit Tyrian City, but that might be a while yet. I’d rather travel by foot, but if I’m going to do that, I need my companion to be stronger so that we don’t get into trouble too early.” She left her answer at that, looking up at the woman with a partial smile, that kind of looked more like a smirk than anything else.
Last edited by HibiscusFlannel on Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: HibiscusFlannel's Application

Welcome! This is a really welldone, and thorough app, thank you! It's gone well above the requested, and really shows that you know your stuff ♥ Glad to have you've find us ~!

When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guidea read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”