Alden's Application

Neato
MC name: Neato776

Alden's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Neato776
Discord Username: Neato#7973
Where did you hear about us: From a reddit post on pixelmon rp servers
Tell us a little about yourself: Some nerdy faux-creative with a serious interest in worldbuilding and by extension exploring worlds through rp. Not much experience with text based rp, but still have enough to know what to do, and hope this is where I can really start.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying: Putting yourself in the head of a set character and acting how you believe, with reason, they would act, especially when in a group or someone’s created world.
What is meta-gaming: Making decisions using information you know out of rp but character shouldn’t have access to.
What is power-gaming / god-modding: Heavy meta-gaming for the sake of a positive outcome for your character or a poor one for someone else. It often goes together with seeing the rp as a game that you have to win, which obviously isn't the case. People do wrongly see it thay way all too often, and power gaming is their way of maximising their effectiveness and by extension their chance at 'winning'. This is unnecessary, as generally there's no way to really do so. Again, only generally speaking. This ties into god-modding as those who are looking to 'win' will attempt to get one over their 'competitors' in unfair ways, such as more or less roleplaying on their behalf. For example, you can't decide that their character missed a shot on yours, as their aim isn't down to you. No one understands the character like their player. To a lesser extent this extends to even describing the expressions another character would make, which I try to avoid when I can unless it's beyond painfully obvious. Of course this is far less malicious.
What is retroactive continuity: Retconning is when decisions made in context are in one way or another ignored, or at least not strictly adhered to in some way. Oftentimes this is done to benefit someone in particular in a way that doesn't make sense in the established narrative, and overall helps ruin any rp. Of course, there are definitely examples where retconning helps, such as when it's agreed narrative history is getting too absurdly overcomplicated, but overall, it definitely drags down any continued story.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC): In the former you’re speaking through your character, as opposed to the latter where you’re speaking as yourself.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server: Not a server, but I do with a handful of forums at least.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Alden Mackinley
Appearance: Alden is a tallish, bright-faced young man with a head of longish, unkempt dark auburn hair. He’s about 6”0 with broad shoulders and a large frame. He wears half rimmed spectacles over his deep brown eyes. He’s usually seen in a variety of breezy tropical shirts with colour-coordinated trousers to match, and a long, cedar coloured labcoat over the top of it all. Usually the coat is tied around his waist or hanging over his shoulders. He holds himself with the energy of a man who’s almost constantly in awe of wherever he is, and while he tries to act suave and collected, is prone to just breaking into passionate rants with a contagious smile from ear to ear.
Biography: Alden was born in Motostoke City, Galar. It’s here he developed a yearning for the ancient days of Galar. His pride in the region led him to read up on the ancient days of Galar, especially the area around Motostoke, and from there he was hooked. He developed a fascination for the days when great heroes roamed the land and greater wars would be fought mere steps from where the city now stands. This fascination with history continued to develop throughout his life, leading him to the acclaimed Hammerlocke Trainer School where he began a bachelor's degree and has now began his master's. Throughout his time here he has published a number of crackpot theories and essays on ancient peoples from across the world, predominantly the ancient Draconids, and his latest work has taken him to Toro. He is specifically interested in the Emmones region, noting that it stretches back to ancient times yet has a surprisingly blank recorded history. He seeks to uncover what he can, and finally force his way into the history books himself.
Flaws: While Alden will fight tooth and nail to do the right thing, there’s an internal struggle between doing it because it’s right and doing it because it will be good for his image. Alden is deeply concerned with what people say about him and the legacy he’ll leave behind, and a lot of the time this gets in the way of doing what he knows he should. It also undermines what good he does do, as he’s constantly in doubt about whether he’s a good person or just purely shallow.
Ambitions: Above all else he wants to work his way into the history books. He wants to be recognised, famous, well-regarded and to have people look up to him. To a lesser extent this ambition extends to his desire for a deeply loving group of friends. He just wants to be loved.
Starter Pixelmon: Dwebble
Skin: https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... indrip.png

-Open Response Questions-

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
“Ah, of course, I completely understand" replies Alden, fixing his glasses on face and fumbling around in his briefcase. With a grin he pulls out a thick, boringly plain leather-bound and hands it to the woman. It reads "Draconid Expansion and Colonisation: Vol III by Alden McKinley". "I'm soon-to-be-Dr Alden McKinley of Hammerlocke School, and I'm here in Toro to dig into the region's past. No stone left unturned, I assure you. You can keep that copy if you want, to get a better idea of what exactly I'm doing here, the work I do, all that, right. It is signed, even a first print too. Will be worth a lot when it's properly published, promise. Hang on to it" he adds with a chuckle.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
“A Kantonian Rattata!? How quaint!” exclaims Alden, a grin expanding across his face before it’s ripped away by the deadly glare from the Rattata’s trainer. “I meant quaint in a good way! A good way! You don’t see them as much now that the Alolan variant has become more commonplace, honestly. Sorry man. Come on out Dwebble, think I need some help here” Alden retorts hurriedly, panickedly fumbling for Dwebble’s Pixelball before borderline slamming it down in front of him. “Open with a Sand Attack!”
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Alden's Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”