Globelate's Application

Globelate
MC name: Globelate

Globelate's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Globelate
Discord Username: Globelate
Where did you hear about us: Reddit.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am Globelate and my least favorite thing is when people dip a utensil covered in breadcrumbs back into the butter. I love Anorith. I used to have a cat! I named myself Globelate because in 7th grade I had a space science project where I made a replica of the solar system because I was not creative back then but I dropped it on the way to school and all I could salvage was the Earth globe and I was late to class but still got a 47/50 so it was fine. I really love Anorith.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?: Roleplaying is collaborative storytelling done through controlling characters together with other people. Roleplaying is a very unique and fun activity that blends creativity with fun and games to produce a one-of-a-kind way to tell a tale that you cannot achieve on your own.

What is meta-gaming?: In my experience, meta-gaming is when someone attempts to use their own knowledge to their character's benefit, even when it creates plot holes, for the sake of their own convenience. It is a very big issue when it comes to roleplaying and can seriously suck all the fun out of it for other people.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?: Power-gaming / god-modding, in my experience, is when someone attempts to take control of another person's character and make them perform an action. Commonly used in combat roleplay by people who are looking for a cheap way to establish their character at the expense of someone else. A very, very poor tactic indeed.

What is retroactive continuity?: I'll admit I've only run into this term once or twice. The times I've seen it used, it seems similar to a retcon in a plot that contradicts established lore.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: In-character refers to a character's words and actions in roleplay. Out of character refers to the words and actions of the character's controller.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance): I've been trying, but all other RP servers I have checked were completely and utterly inactive, or just didn't end up actually having RP.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Gene Corman
Appearance: Gene prefers to keep himself nice and snug beneath multiple layers, preferring blue clothing, particularly warm coats. He can often be found sporting one, in addition to winter pants and boots... regardless of the weather. Beneath the clothing, he is a pale man with beady, pickle-green eyes and fluffy brown hair that's often jokingly mistaken for a Spearow nest. He has a fairly toned body thanks to his years of mountainous fun. At a first glance, it's easy to tell that this five foot ten man is far from fashionable, but his grin is always warm and genuine.

Personality: A bright and energetic person, Gene has a notable amount of pep when he can get into his element. There's an air of shyness and struggle about him when meeting something new, but it's rare not to see him give his best effort anyways. He's a nice guy who is willing to go out of his way to help others in need, enjoying the warm feeling it gives him (even warmer than those clothes!) From the day he could walk, it was apparent that Gene was a curious one, wanting to explore every nook and cranny of every place he could get into. Not an inch of his father's house was left unexplored by the time Gene was five! This curiosity can prove to be either a blessing or a curse depending on the situation.

Biography: His father being a hiker with a deep love of snow, Gene grew up in northern Sinnoh, in a cabin near Mt. Coronet. Gene and his father would go exploring on the mountain at pretty much any opportunity they got, and Gene got well acquainted with Ice-types and Rock-types, leading to a slight preference for them at a young age. As the years went by, his thirst for adventure only grew greater, and one mountain just wasn't going to cut it anymore... except he didn't know where else to go. His father, though passionate about mountains as well, didn't want his son to go off to some other region entirely and get himself into a pickle. Over this topic, the two of them grew distant over time, spending less of their days together and eventually becoming strained. In an attempt to prove that he was ready to be on his own, Gene attempted to climb to the summit of Coronet on his own, at night- a very poor decision. He was chased off by a hostile wild Graveler and nearly lost his footing on the edge of the mountain. Unwilling to return and face his father, Gene took his recently hatched Spheal and fled Sinnoh, eager to find new things to explore- but not without resentment for the man who'd raised him.

Flaws: Gene didn't grow up around people his own age, or many people at all for that matter, so his social skills are lacking, to say the least. Despite his best efforts, he struggles in conversation with strangers. He wishes to become better at talking, but whenever he practices in the mirror, he just feels all the more embarrassed.

Ambitions: Gene wishes to unlock the mysteries of as many mountains as he can! He has been taught that every cavern, every snow patch, every summit has a story and a secret. He wants to become the most prolific explorer and documenter of these secrets as possible.

Starter Pixelmon: Spheal!

Skin: https://imgur.com/a/luwdQWc

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

RESPONSE: Upon being approached, Gene's tongue begins to trip over itself even before he can think about what he wants to say. He'd noticed the woman out of the corner of his eye but prayed that she was just approaching someone else behind him... This doesn't seem to be the case. He makes brief eye contact with her, his mouth opening suddenly before closing. Internally, Gene begins the mental gymnastics that come with such a sudden interaction for him, while also attempting to formulate a response.
"Uhm... well... I, uh... cold. I mean, I want to go somewhere cold. That's what I meant. I came from Sinnoh, because I want to see the world, and this seems like a good place to start..." he swallows, hoping such an answer will suffice.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

RESPONSE: A Rattata? Gene's never heard of such a Pokemon, so he smiles with an immediate wave of intrigue.
"What a cutie," he notes to himself. This kind of interaction is much easier for him, because in a challenge, it's simpler to understand what the other person wants. With a normal conversation, you never know what a person will say next, or how to appropriately reply!
Yes indeed, feeling confident, Gene tosses the Pixelball containing his own partner. A fierce, round unit of ultimate destruction... a Spheal! Happy to get some exercise after arriving in this new environment, the Spheal begins to roll around in circles as Gene attempts to contain his amusement.
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Globelate's Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”