Whitelist application!

MaXplosion1
MC name: MaXplosion_1

Whitelist application!

Player Questions.

Minecraft Username: MaXplosion_1

Discord Username: MaXplosion1#6424

Where did you hear about us: I was searching for an old server that I had left years ago on the Planet Minecraft site and I was intrigued by this server’s claim for “serious roleplay”.

Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Maxwell, I have been playing video games my whole life, two of my favorite games being Minecraft and the Pokemon series. I have been a fan of pokemon for as long as I can remember, from the games to cards and especially the anime. While I have not watched all of it or even the majority of it I loved watching people interacting with their pokemon in a real and personal way, as well as how pokemon affected their lives. I have often wondered what it would be like to live in the world of pokemon, a place where humans live alongside these wonderful magical creatures. I am currently 15 but I turn 16 on Dec 19th of this year. I only mention this due to the apparent apprehension to accept players under the age of 16.

Roleplay Questions

What is roleplaying?: Roleplaying is a mix between acting, theatre, and gaming.

What is meta-gaming?: Meta-gaming is the act of using OOC knowledge to affect your IC
actions or choices.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?: To put it simply (for my own sake) power-gaming is the act of taking advantage of in-game mechanics or out-of-game knowledge to give your character unfair or unrealistic advantages in-game or in RP. Such as using glitches in-game or taking advantage of a player that types slower than you to do things before they can react.

What is retroactive continuity? Retroactive continuity or “retconning” is a storytelling modifier that is generally frowned upon due to the effect it has on existing canon. Retconning is changing pre-existing facts about a story and changing it after the fact. (look up JK Rowling’s Twitter and you’ll be an expert in no time)

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: In-character is much like diegetic sounds, when someone is saying something in character it is something that their character is actually supposed to be saying. By that logic, Out-of-character is non-diegetic, when the person playing the character is talking not from the perspective of their character, but from that of the player themselves.

Do you have previous experience playing on an RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance): Yes, I have played many community-driven roleplaying games in the past, not many Minecraft RP servers as of yet though. While I wouldn't say I'm terribly experienced, I feel like my storytelling abilities and the apparently very welcoming community will allow me to thrive in this social ecosphere.

General Character Questions

Full name: Maxwell Stellar

Appearance: Standing at a humble 5’9 with an average build, Max has dark blue eyes, pale skin, and dark brown hair. His hair is long and wavy but lightly tangled even after the most thorough of brushing, with thick eyebrows and scraggly facial hair on his chin and upper lip. He usually has scratches on his arms due to playing with his pokemon with his bare hands. He arrives in Toro wearing a grey-blue shirt with dark blue suspenders, grey dress pants, and thick leather work boots. His family wasn’t the wealthiest so most of his clothes are hand-me-downs including his black woolen gloves that had frayed so much that Max had no choice but to cut the fingers off. He wears a Pokeball on his right hip when his pokemon isn’t inside of it, with a small leather pouch with a clasp on the other for keeping money and other things that don’t fit in his pockets.

Personality: Max as a person is usually soft-spoken around most people, if not a little anti-social. But when he warms up to you, he will almost always want to be around you and gets a bit more comfortable with opening up with how he feels. Though getting on his bad side can be somewhat hard to do, as he has no gripes with simply walking away from those who try to get under his skin, if you do wrong him in a way he can’t ignore Max holds a grudge to the grave. But due to his lack of a backbone in almost any confrontation, he most likely will indeed just stay bitter ‘till the end. He wants to be able to stand up for others that cannot stand up for themselves as he knows what it is like to not have someone there for you.

Biography: Growing up in the Unova region, Maxwell’s mother left them and their father at a very young age. Despite this, Maxwell’s father worked hard to make sure he and his son didn’t end up on the streets, working long hard days in construction. Coming from a poor household, Max wasn’t used to getting gifts on even holidays or birthdays, even down to his hand-me-down clothes. He had to teach himself to sew just so he could still wear most of them. So Max was shocked when on their 18th birthday his father came home from work with a box wrapped in brown paper tied with twine. Inside the box was a single Pokeball, his father said that he found something while clearing land to build and decided to take it to the local pokemon professor. His father told Max to open it before he ruined the surprise. In a flash of red light and a zapping noise as the Pokeball dispensed its cargo, and Max was sure that this was the most amazing creature he had ever laid his eyes on. The pokemon was not very large, only around a foot and a half tall, with yellow plumage surrounded by blue and red on its tail head and wings. Its sharp teeth and claws glinted in the electric lighting of the small apartment as its glossy eyes came to focus on the boy. At this moment it had seemed like all time had stopped, both Max and this pokemon knew deep in their hearts that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together, no matter the challenge.

Flaws: Max can be a little hot-headed, and despite wanting to be there for others, has anxiety that prevents him from getting into almost any kind of confrontation. They can also be a bit selfish at times, caring more for themselves and their pokemon than what others may want. Maxwell is also quite introverted, but in moving to Toro, has promised themself to try to be more outgoing.

Ambitions: Maxwell has come to Toro to act as his clean slate, his overall dream is to study long-extinct pokemon that once roamed the world. Small-term though his ambitions are as simple as meeting new people and becoming closer to the person he wants to be. He also enjoys baking, but he wouldn't make anything for you if you asked, unless he really cares about you.

Starter Pixelmon: Archen

Skin: front https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
back https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
(forgive the grid, the grey of the
gloves is the exact grey of the MC launcher so I had to take the photo in skindex)

Open Response Questions

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Max, caught slightly off guard by the sudden contact immediately after exiting the train, looks around quickly hoping that she was talking to someone else.

“Um, sir?” The lady asks, arching her eyebrow in minor confusion due to the lack of response, “Are you okay?”

“What? Oh, yes sorry I’m just a little frazzled after the long trip.” He said chucking to cover up his embarrassment. “I’m from Unova, I came here because I wanted something new, a fresh start if you will.”

“Ah, I see,” The lady said, her cheerful smile returning to her face, “Lots of people come here for just the same reason. As for where you plan on going?”

“Oh, well, I’m not really sure,” Max said, hiding his discomfort. ‘What is this lady, a cop?’ He wondered. “I don’t know much about Toro to be honest. I guess I just plan on wandering until I find a place that I like.” he admitted sheepishly.

“Well, with eight beautiful cities, you’ll have no shortage of places to explore or settle down.” with one final scribble on her clipboard and a click of her pen she reached out her hand. “Now that’s done you can be on your way. Welcome to Toro!” Max shook her hand with a polite smile and walked toward the exit of the station. Clutching his Pokeball, one of the only things he brought other than the clothes on his back to this new world as he thought, ‘This is it, the beginning of our new life, me and you pal, we’ve got this.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Maxwell sighs, he was hoping that he wouldn’t have to get into a battle today, he hadn’t even eaten breakfast yet. He noticed the scuffed knees of the kid and the bandage on their cheek. ‘This kid’s a street pinchurchin, there was no way I was gonna get past without having to battle one way or another.’ he thought resentfully as he unhooked his Pokeball from his belt. He threw it with a spin and caught it with the same hand as it shot back after releasing his Archen. ‘Nice, that practice paid off.’ he thought to himself with a grin. “Alright then Archen, time to teach this kid a lesson!”
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Whitelist application!

Welcome! Thank you for being honest about your age, and happy early birthday! Your app is lovely, really well done, and your character seems really fun to play! I will note a one things - but don't worry, you're still accepted!!:

- Your definition of Powergaming IS correct, but we also like to define it as this as well:
It's okay, just wanted to make sure you understand how we handle stuff like that :3c

- But welcome again! I'm in the same boat, I haven't watched much beyond the first season, but, I love love LOVEEE the more slice-of-life parts of the Pokemon stuff. I love imagining the changes in life there would be in a Pokemon society. and I hope you get to find that out! We use 'Serious RP' to just kinda separate us from more silly, looser RPs- the type you'd find in Roblox, or something like that. We still have a lot of fun rp, laughs, etc though! ^^ Along with more of the dramatic. So, I hope you enjoy!

When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guidea read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”