Scythe Sasin's Application

ScytheSasin
MC name: ScytheSasin

Scythe Sasin's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: ScytheSasin
Discord Username: Scythe Sasin
Where did you hear about us: I was in a Naruto Roleplay server that was slowly growing more unwelcoming towards newcomers and more inactive over time. I decided to just look around for something on Technic and Toro seemed interesting
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I’m not that interesting. I’m an HVAC apprentice that loves minecraft and overall RP. If I’m not at work, on minecraft, or any other video game, I’m usually on a google document planning out the next Session of my DND campaign, getting things prepared and whatnot.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?

Roleplaying is, in a literal sense, assuming the personality of a character and playing out that character to the best of your abilities. This is mostly done in a fictional sense, and unlike writing novels, the player has no idea how the situation will go. It is a test of adaptability, but also opens you up as a person, allowing yourself to take on a persona you might have never taken on before.

what is Meta-gaming?

The act of using knowledge you, the player, may have to assist your character when the character themselves wouldn’t have the same knowledge.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?

In my previous RPs, these where two separate but closely related things, so I’ll treat it the same here.

Power-Gaming is essentially deciding another player’s actions for them. Essentially, you’re telling the reaction and actions of characters you do not control.

God-modding, to me, has two definitions, one is the synonym of Power-gaming, the other is tied into Meta-gaming, where you essentially make your character so overpowered they’re essentially god, thinks like automatically dodging or hitting an opponent even if there's no real possible way to do so.

The reason I sperate my classifications of the two, is because you can technically do my second definition of God-modding without Power-Gaming, technically.

An example is Auto-dodging, since you're not controlling another's character, yet shouldn't have been able to dodge

What is retroactive continuity?

Adapting something of the past to majorly change the present. These can be defining moments of a character’s life to better fit a narrative, or the plot as a whole.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?

IC and OOC essentially are terms to describe how you can act at the current moment. If you are in-character that means you are currently playing as that character, that includes, most often, the more limited knowledge-base of the character. Out-of-character is situations that doesn't demand you to be in your established character.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?

Extensive Discord and Forum-based RP, I’ve been a DM in a DND campaign of my friends for five years now. Not much experience in minecraft, but I’m sure it can’t be that different.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Rei Langley

Appearance:

Rei is a teenage girl who stands just under 5 ft and 4 inches tall. Her auburn hair is long and has gentle waves. Her bangs cover her forehead and often get into her violet eyes, namely her right eye. She often wears a flannel jacket with a thin shirt, usually a crop-top, underneath. She’ll generally match the colors of her shorts with the color of her underlayer, usually settling with a cool-grey. Her shoes are meant more for comfort over style, often walking in hiking boots. It’s to be noted that, under her bangs just above her right eye, is a pale scar, running from the outside of her eye to her temple. Additionally, on the outside of her left hand, there’s a darkened patch of skin starting from her lower two knuckles and stretching to her wrist, this mark is a burn scar. Her overall build is slender with lean muscle, like a runner’s body, and her complexion is a light tan.

Personality:

Rei is an overall kind but moderately shy girl. While she is shy, her kind nature often overwrites her anxiety when people are in need. She wouldn’t consider herself selfless, but rather someone who’s willing to lend a helpful hand when able. Due to her shy nature, Rei doesn’t get angry that often, instead she’ll most likely take the blame and apologies profusely just to get someone to stop being angry at her. It should be noted that she loves trains, due to growing up with her father.

Biography:

Rei Langley was born in Anville, Unova. Her mother was a traveling pokemon trainer who traveled to Unova for a fresh start, while her father was employed in the budding railroad industry stationed in the town as maintenance personnel. Growing up, Rei didn’t have many friends, most of the children around her not sharing her love for trains. In fact, she was often picked on because she didn’t share most of the interests as the rest of the kids. As a result of this, Rei often found comfort in the train shed with her father and his coworkers, or at home playing with her mother’s umbreon, which had become the family pet. When she was ten, she had stumbled while climbing up onto a railcar and hit her head on the ladder, causing the scar on her forehead. This scar led to more teasing from her peers. The burn scar occured when she was sixteen, she had came across a Litwick she had come across in the shed. She had startled the poor fire-type pokemon, and in it’s shock, Litwick had used ember on her hand, resulting in her burn scar. In the following years, Rei would care for Litwick, feeding her and offering shelter. It was also during these years that Rei's father started teaching her basic mechanic skills, changing tires and the like.
Rei decided to venture out at eighteen after the loss of the family’s umbreon passed away duo to her age. She had read about the Toro region, and wanting to start anew like her mother, decided to embark on her own journey in a new land. Litwick decided to follow.

Flaws: Due to her shy nature, Rei can easily be considered a pushover. Due to this, she often doesn’t say things even if she finds something wrong. With her shyness, Rei also will stumble over her words and stutter occasionally. It’s also noted that she isn’t very good at battling.

Ambitions: Rei’s ultimate goal is to build confidence in herself, so she doesn’t let Litwick’s trust in her down. He’s hoping that starting anew in Toro will help her, and maybe she’ll find some friends as well!

Starter Pixelmon: Litwick
Skin: https://minecraftskinstealer.com/profile/ScytheSasin

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Rei blinks, quickly glancing around to see if the girl mistook her for someone else. “O-oh, the poor thing, t-this tree here, right?”

“Yes! That one right there!” The girl points to the tree, nodding. Rei gives the girl a soft smile in thanks as she approaches the tree slowly, looking up in an effort to spot the Meowth. The redhead does her best to smile kindly at the frightened creature, gently running her hand along the trunk of the tree.

“Poor thing, l-let’s get you down from there.” With a nod, Rei removes her jacket, hopping up to the lowest branch that can easily support her weight. With some grunts of effort, she manages to swing her leg over the branch and pull herself up. With a sigh of relief, she stands on the branch, climbing up as close to the trunk as possible, until she reaches the Meowth. The pokemon stares back at the redhead, while Rei softly smiles and holds out a hand. “L-let’s get you down, hm?”

The Meowth scampers over to her, climbing into Rei’s arms and onto her back, using its claws to hold onto her shirt. Once the pokemon settles, Rei carefully makes her way down, shimmying along the truck as bark sticks to her shirt.

Going up is easier than going down, and it takes only a minute and a half for Rei to side off the last branch and land back on the ground.

“Thank you Ma’am!” The young girl exclaims, the Meowth jumping into her arms. Rei simply smiles, dusting herself off and grabbing her jacket.

“N-next time Meowth gets stuck, j-just call the Fire Brigade.” A soft giggle. “I’m pretty sure they’ll get some nice strong fellows out with a ladder to give you a helping hand.” With a parting wave, Rei continues her trek with a gentle smile on her face.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

“U-um” Rei stutters, her right hand rubs the scar on the back of her left hand, fidgeting in place. “H-hello to you too Madame.” The girl takes a deep breath to collect her thoughts. “I-I’m Rei Langley. I-I’m from Anville in U-Unova.” Another breath, Rei calming her thoughts. “I-I came to Toro because I wanted to start new. A-All I really had was Ma and Pa, but I can’t just live with them forever. S-so I wanted to go out and explore, m-maybe find myself or what I want to do, and I just read about Toro in the tabloids.”

"Oh, you're from Unova! I hear that it's a lovely region during the winter!" The woman smiles, jotting Rei's answers down on her clipboard. "And where do you plan to go in our lovely region?" Her pen taps the page on the clipboard expectantly.

"W-well..." Rei just rubs the back of her head sheepishly. “I-I don’t exactly know? I-I thought I’d walk around, m-maybe help around where I can to make some money. P-perhaps something will catch my e-eye along the way...”
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Re: Scythe Sasin's Application

Return to “Accepted Applications”