Greybird Application

Greybirdtm
MC name: GreybirdHD

Greybird Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username:
GreybirdHD
Discord Username: (If applicable! To help us contact you if we need to ^^)
@grey-goyle#0001 (Likely to change to “grey?#001” following the first of November)
Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)
Full disclosure, I googled “Pixelmon Roleplay” and clicked the first link I saw. I liked everything I saw once I clicked on the website, so here I am!
Tell us a little about yourself:
I’ve roleplayed for about eleven years- though, obviously only the most recent six have really granted me many experiences in roleplay. I personally host a 250 member roleplay server on discord, and I switch between Minecraft and Discord roleplay regularly :)

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is a more personable form of writing. It’s a form of authorship that allows you to take ownership of the character you play, stepping into a world oftentimes outside of your control with nothing more than your own character-writing to guide you through that world. It’s a written form of expression that allows for new experiences and feelings in a collaborative setting- unlike anything else I’ve experienced.
What is meta-gaming?
Meta-Gaming is using out-of-character knowledge to influence your Character’s mindset or thought process. Whether it be from personal experience of some kind or from out-of-world logic, it breaks the logic of the roleplay by breaking character.
An example of meta-gaming could take place when two in-character strangers meet for the first time and decide to battle one another. While neither character should know the other’s party, one player happened to see what the other person’s party consisted of outside of the server at some point. Using this knowledge, they specifically cater their choices and party layout to better defeat the in-rp stranger; thereby breaking the in-character logic of a chance encounter.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Power-Gaming and/or God-Modding is calling upon a level of power that your character does not possess. Alternatively, it can mean manipulating the idea of chance to suit your character in an illogical way.
An example of Power-Gaming/God-Modding would be if a wild pokemon shot off a bullet seed at a character, and that character just dodged each and every seed by twisting and turning in place.
What is retroactive continuity?
Ret-Cons are a way to establish canon after said canon has already happened. In the context of a submission process, it means adding on to a backstory/application after it has been approved- whether it be through RP or otherwise- and thereby adding Unapproved content to said submission.
An example of a Retcon would be for a character to be accepted as a “Run of the Mill” trainer with little to no born talent, however, in the midst of RP the player establishes the character as an award-winning boxer.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In Character defines actions, personalities, and mindsets that are present solely within the roleplay and affect solely the characters present therein. Out of Character is the inverse, consisting of actions, personalities, and mindsets that are present OUTSIDE of the roleplay.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Over a decade’s worth, with about six or so years of which I’d call reputable experience.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name:
Quentin “Q” Blake
Appearance:
Q is a white man with a lean build that he’s sculpted into a cut muscle frame through moderate personal fitness and dieting. He is six feet tall with a mess of brown hair that he uses a black bandanna to keep in control, though much of it still hangs close to his eyes. His skin is fair and his cheeks turn red at the drop of a hat, it seems, but otherwise have few blemishes to speak of. He has slate-grey eyes that can be described as striking when they catch the light, with a certain fiery passion that keeps them lively and quick to wander. He has thick bushy eyebrows to compliment his long hair and vibrant eyes, with an abundant adam’s apple that lends itself to his masculine presentation well. He is known for wearing jeans and a plain black tee-shirt on almost every occasion, rips and tears dotting his trousers and black hiking boots capping off his feet at the end. He, notably, also wears a black wristband at all times that seemingly matches the bandana he wears for his hair.
Personality:
Q is a loyal, compassionate, but a naive young man. He’s spent his life happy and loved, and while he’s faced some tragedies, he has no idea how the world works outside the four walls of his home. He’s spent his entire living at home with his eccentric Uncle, who’s pumped him up like a racehorse to be practically bursting with the need to go out and explore the world. He’s passionate and energetic, to the point that he almost never looks before he leaps, but his heart is in the right place when he jumps. He’s outgoing and confident and extroverted to an almost uncomfortable degree. He’s ready and willing to stroll up to anyone he sees and immediately take their hand in his for a firm handshake and a pokemon battle- so long as they’re willing! All that said, Q has the capacity for a temper; he hasn’t experienced how cruel and unjust the world can be, and if he were to be faced with the harsh reality of the real world he could just as easily direct that passion into lashing out. He’s impressionable and gullible, but he’s got a good enough heart for kindness to balance it out.
Biography:
Q’s parents were average farmers in the Sinnoh region. They were unimpressive to some, but they were heroes to a young Quentin. Each of them were retired Pokemon trainers, and their bonds with their Pokemon made Quentin awestruck every time he witness man and Pokemon working together- striking an early fondness for training in him even as a toddler. Quentin remembers his parents and those early days on the farm, but he doesn’t remember when or how he lost his parents. He just has his Uncle’s vague explanation of how the barn caught fire amidst a thunderstorm, and how his Father charged in to save his partner- an aging Torterra. His Mother followed was her Piplup, but neither of the farmers made it out in time before the barn had collapsed. Young Quentin was safe and sound a hundred yards out in the family house, but he was an orphan now; destined to spend the rest of his life on the farm with his Uncle. His Uncle has traveled to the Toro region until he heard about his brother’s death, and once he returned to Sinnoh it became his responsibility to care for his nephew. He handled it in good spirit, though, raising Quentin with love and fatherly affection as the two made a living off the farm. Quentin was homeschooled by his Uncle, who sprinkled in tales of the world with boring lessons like Math and History- sparking the ember that would later become the flame of Quention’s passion for adventure. After years as a farmer, it’s finally time for his Uncle to settle down somewhere a bit less labor-intensive, and for Quentin to make his own way in the world; but he wouldn’t be by himself. His Uncle made sure that they parted with a gift- a pokemon of Quentin’s choosing from the wilds of the farm. While Quentin had a plethora of options, it was a matter of the Pokemon choosing him, in his eyes. He sat and waited, until a Shinx jumped from the tall grass of the farm and at the young man, only to be caught by his Uncle and his Bidoof nearby. So, Quentin became a pokemon trainer; now, he’s ready to become THE pokemon trainer.
Arriving at Toro in the midst of its merge with the Distortion World admittedly wasn't part of the plan... but even so, he's ready to lend a hand if he can.
Flaws:
Q is naive and impressionable, meaning manipulation or betrayal could rock his world in a way he has yet to experience, perhaps permanently changing him into a far dimmer man.
Q is ambitious but doesn’t know his own limits yet. He’s not Red- he wasn’t born a Pokemon prodigy, and he certainly isn’t going to magically become one anytime soon- but he doesn’t know his own strengths and weaknesses yet. He’ll put himself into situations he’s just not ready to handle, all because he wants to see if he can.
Ambitions:
Q wants to be the best, and see the rest. He wants to meet every Pokemon there is to meet, and take as many of them with him as he can on his journey; all the while becoming a better and better trainer for it. He wants to become champion of Toro one day after he’s seen everything the region has to offer.
Starter Pixelmon: [ Any naturally level 5 Pokemon! No Legendaries/Mythicals ]
Shinx
Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)
https://namemc.com/skin/2e1f5f432fe2f79f

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Q’s hands were in his pockets when the little girl ran up to him, but he still fell into a crouched position almost immediately when he saw the shine of her tears glisten in the sunlight. Q’s expression flipped from confusion to concern to determination in mere seconds, before he held out a hand to the little girl, a reassuring smile twisting across his lips.
“We’ll go right now, Meowth will be back on the ground before you know it!” He stated, no room for question in his tone, before guiding the girl to the tree by the hand as his eyes scanned for the Meowth. It wasn’t hard to spot the mewling mass of beige, and before long his arms were wrapped around the tree’s circumference as his legs tried to push him upwards. He looked like a very confused caterpie, shimmying himself in place.
“I… almost got it!” He called out, shimmying with a bit more determination before he suddenly felt a THUD against the top of his head.
“MEOWTH!” The girl cried out, meanwhile, Q had fallen on his butt with a groan of pain.
“What… the…” He muttered to himself, looking up to see what had hit him just in time to see the little girl hold the Meowth above his head, giggling with joy.
“You did it! You saved him! Oh, thank you thank you thank you, Mister!” The girl cried, leaving Q to look around confusedly as she rushed back home with her newly rescued Meowth in hand.
“You’re welcome!” He called after her, waving with a polite smile despite his confusion, before standing up and ruffling the Meowth-shaped dent in his hair with his spare hand.
“Another one for the books, Q.” He muttered to himself with a weary sigh of contentment, before brushing himself off one more time and heading back into the town, a smile still playing at his lips.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Q blinked twice in response to the woman’s questions, overwhelmed for just a second or two at the sudden bombardment of inquiries. He was quick to snap back to himself, though, quickly grinning back at the cheery woman.
“Sure! Well, I was born here! I’ve been here all my life- just sheltered a little. I plan to…” He trailed off, after that. The woman looked at him expectantly, he knew she was, but he had to think for a few moments before he answered again.
“Everywhere. I plan to go… everywhere. I want to see the entire region, and maybe one day even other regions too- I just want to explore, to see everything the world has to offer. I… guess that’s not very helpful for your statistics huh?” He replied, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck as he finished talking, chuckling lightly before the woman just smiled back at him. As she finished her notes and walked off with a wave, Quentin let out a sigh of contentment at his answer.
“To see the world… one step at a time, Q.” He muttered to himself, before turning towards the region like it was one big gate, stepping onwards and forwards into the unknown.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Q smiled wider as his eyes sparkled right back at the Trainer. They were strangers, maybe, but every trainer knew what happened when eyes locked on one another like this.
“I’ll show you “chump”, chump! Shinx, make sure his Rattata doesn’t get us so easy!” Q shouted back, his own Pixelball rolling off his fingertips and releasing his partner to face off against the Rattata in the makeshift battlefield between the two trainers.
“I should warn you, I’ve been training a while to- HEY!” Q cut himself off when the foe’s Rattata suddenly raced forward, catching Q’s Shinx with a tackle while the trainer wasn’t paying attention.
“Oh- you’re in for it now! Shinx!” As Shinx rolled back onto his feet and Q dug his heels into the dirt, the battle was on!
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Greybird Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”