Griff's Application [Shin Kirishima]

Griff
MC name:

Griff's Application [Shin Kirishima]

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: GriffithduMont
Discord Username: Griffdm#9078
Where did you hear about us: peachi3xx
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a bit of an older player, but there’s a soft spot in my heart for Pokemon, Minecraft, and a bit of RP.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is putting yourself in the shoes of another character.
What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is the use of information from outside of the game for one’s own advantage or gain in-game..
What is power-gaming / god-modding?
It is the act of refusing to lose and granting favourable outcomes to yourself at all costs. The power-gamer never tends to fail or meet undesirable outcomes.
What is retroactive continuity?
It is when you change previously established information about your character for personal benefit. It can also be seen as rewriting the past of a character, depending on how it is used.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC is when you are speaking in perspective of the character and OOC is when speaking from the perspective of the actual player.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes. I played Lord of the Craft once a long time ago.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Shin Kirishima
Appearance:
Shin looks like someone you would typically find in the Johto Region. He is about 5’11 and has a slim-fit build. One wouldn’t call him muscular nor thin, perhaps the word athletic suits best. Shin wears a brown leather jacket that he swears is made from authentic Milktank leather, although the quality of the material and numerous tears say otherwise. He wears a pair of grey denim jeans that has seen several years of use. He dons a pair of adventurer’s boots and the left is evidently missing the shaft, which he constantly ensures is covered by his pant legs. His only distinctive feature is a large red scarf that he keeps around his neck with its loose end draped over the back of his right shoulder.

Personality:
Raised in the poorer part of Scarlet City, Shin lacks the common courtesy one would expect of someone from the Johto region. He tends to speak directly and without much thought, often giving the impression that he is simply rude, although it is not his intention to do so. When not interacting with anyone, Shin is rather quiet and likes to observe the environment, Pokemon and the people around him, which is a stark contrast to both his mannerisms and choice of words.

Biography:
Although raised in the Hoenn region, Shin spent most of his life in the Johto region. The son of a poor custodian of an otherwise rich, prestigious Pokemon Academy, Shin spent most of his childhood ostracized by the children his age and bullied for his low status. Despite this, though, Shin often retaliated with a burning passion and, unfortunately, this earned him the nickname “Toasty the Firestarter.” For all the trouble that he would get into, Shin eventually found himself sponsored by a wealthy family from the academy to keep an eye on a young blonde girl, all under the guise of “collecting information on the foreign land that is Toro.”

Flaws:
Shin has a constant dark cloud that follows him. He encounters countless amounts of misfortune, whether of his own doing or of some divine intervention, nobody really knows. Regardless of his intentions, the complete opposite tends to happen. Where Wild Pokemon are known to target other Pokemon, it seems that, the majority at least, have Shin pegged as the obvious and easier target.

Ambitions:
To build a career from his love of observation and drawing.

Starter Pixelmon: Tepig
Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)
Please refer to:
https://ja.namemc.com/profile/GriffithduMont.1

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Shin is caught off guard by the oddly cheerful woman. Unfamiliar with kindness, Shin brusquely replies, “I’m not sure who you are lady n’ and I’m not sure we’ve ever met, but I get the feelin’ you gotta be official with that clipboard n’ all. Do I get anythin’ outta answerin’ your questions or what? You don’t look like a trainer or nothin’, so you gotta work for the city of… Oh-reh-lee-a or somethin’ right?” Shin desperately attempts at hiding his Kantonese accent. Although his inability to pronounce the city’s name made it rather obvious, Shin spoke with a false confidence before walking off. It was perhaps an hour after he realized that he had completely forgotten to answer the woman’s questions.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Shin maintains eye contact with the trainer. “If you’re lookin’ for a fight, you got one comin’ your way! I’ll make you apologize for callin’ me a chump and then some. You n’ your Rattata just bought yourselves a one way ticket to the Pokemon Center, broken pride n’ all!” he responds in the most natural, almost experienced manner. Shin grabs onto the only Pokeball resting on his belt and declares, “Let’s toast these CHUMPS, Tepig!” before throwing it like a baseball into the empty space between him and the trainer. Much to his despair, though, he mistakenly grabbed an empty Pokeball instead. Only when the Pokeball opened to release a puff of air did he remember that his trusty Tepig was, in fact, still tucked away inside his suitcase.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Griff's Application [Shin Kirishima]

The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”