Yartum's Application

Yartum
MC name: Yartum

Yartum's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Yartum
Discord Username: Yartum#7568
Where did you hear about us: I found your server on planet minecraft.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently a senior in high school, I enjoy reading fantasy novels and spending time with my dog.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?

Roleplaying is acting the part of your character, in real time, while in sync with others people’s characters in order to create a meaningful story.

What is meta-gaming?

Meta-gaming is when you use information that you as a person knows (that your character doesn’t know) to gain a boost up over others.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?

Power gaming is doing something to someone’s character that would usually require consent from said player without their consent.

What is retroactive continuity?

Retconning is contradicting something that has already happened in the story.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?

The difference between IC (In character) and OOC (Out of Character) is in the names of said things, IC is when a character is speaking to another character and OOC is when the player and not the character is talking to other players

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)

I don’t have experience on other roleplaying servers.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Emil Howells

Appearance:

Emil is a man who you could look over without a second thought. The only exception to this are his striking emerald green eyes that are seemingly always staring deep into you. He doesn’t care much for fashion, so he usually just wears suspenders and a white shirt, unless the occasion calls for otherwise. His height isn’t much to talk about, being 5’8 and his hair, albeit messy, is a ‘distinctive’ brown. With few unique traits, Emil doesn’t stand out very much when in a crowd.

Personality:

When meeting new people Emil would try his best to be friendly and strike up a conversation, usually to get shut down for his strange personality. The people that he spends most of his time with, his friends, understand that Emil is strong willed and will do anything it takes to get what he needs. This leads to him being straightforward in conversations which occasionally leads to awkward situations. Emil wants to become stronger alongside his pokemon in order to protect the things he cares about. Emil doesn’t care for stardom, he just wants to live a happy and successful life doing what he loves, caring for bug type pokemon.

Biography:

Growing up in Kalos as the son of a poor berry farmer, Emil loved spending time in nature. As he slowly aged, he came to love all pokemon that shared one thing: being a bug. As a child, he was made fun in school for loving bug type pokemon but as he grew he came to ignore the ravings of the other children, as the bugs made him happy and that’s whats most important to him. Eventually, when he found the pokemon that he loved the most, a skorupi, he decided he would bring this skorupi on the journey that it deserved. This is what led him to the Toro region.

Flaws:

Emil tends to forget about unimportant things and will try to get out of doing things that do not matter to him.

Ambitions:

Emil wants to explore the Toro region while meeting new people. After that, He wants to become stronger so that he can protect bug type pokemon.

Starter Pixelmon: Skorupi

Skin: I hope this works for you! https://namemc.com/profile/Yartum.1

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Emil ponders for a moment before looking at the girl and asking “How did your Meowth get stuck in a tree?”. Without waiting for a response, he prompts the girl to show him to the tree and proceeds to call for the Meowth to come down. “Hey, Cat! Come down! I can promise you a treat!”. After seeing that none of these calls work, Emil breathes out a sigh and looks at the girl before saying, “Well, I'm sure it’ll come down eventually, but I can run to the nearest Pokemart and try to find a treat it would like.” The girl is about to respond before Emil supposedly rushes off to the nearest pokemart. The girl waits for a long while before realising that he’s not coming back.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Emil looks at her before closing his eyes and sighing. He opens his eyes while avoiding her gaze, “I’ve come from the Kalos region, looking for new sights and to bring my partner on a journey.” He taps the pokeball on his belt, and an adorable skorupi pops out. ”And I plan on going wherever this new region takes me.’ He starts walking before the woman can come up with a follow-up question, all the while his skorupi is following him as he retreats from this unwanted conversation. Without turning around, he recalls his skorupi and gently rubs the ball before returning it to his belt.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Emil’s eyes widen before he quickly grabs his only pokeball and throws it close to where the rattata landed. His skorupi pops out and he commands, “Skorupi! Use poison sting!” His skorupi follows suit and raises its stinger just to sharply stab at the rattata. But! The rattata, as quick as it is, can easily dodge the skorupi’s commendable attempt at an attack. Emil slowly narrows his eyes as the rattata’s owner tells his rattata to fire back with a quick attack! The skorupi takes the hit well and immediately responds with another poison sting, this one hitting right on target! Anyone can tell that the rattata is about to faint. Before long, after the skorupi tanks a few more hits that slowly grew more and more weak, the rattata faints from the poison injected into its body. Emil draws in a breath and looks at the trainer. “Where’s my reward money?”
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Yartum's Application

What a good Application! Welcome to Toro! We hope you enjoy your time here!!!!!

When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability. If you ever feel lost, don't hesitate to ask around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”