Odysseus Freed Application

eoneus
MC name: oR0NINo

Odysseus Freed Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: oR0NINo
Discord Username: Y_u_l#1456
Where did you hear about us: mossprophet from a reddit post
Tell us a little about yourself: A college student who wants to find a game to play for fun.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Playing a certain kind of role in a certain community or subject.
What is meta-gaming? Usage of the character's knowledge and not the player's real life knowledge.
What is power-gaming / god-modding? From what I understood, power-gaming is like controlling the game to their wants.
What is retroactive continuity? Something like a disturbance with the narrative of a certain story.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC is the player being the character that has a different backstory. OOC, on the other hand is the player being the human behind the character.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? No, this would be my first time.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Odysseus Freed

Appearance: A 5’7-tall healthy boy that weighs 65 kg. Has light blue eyes and brown hair. Always wearing his favorite dragon crested hood. He likes to sit like almost lying down, basically just likes to slouch. Also wears his leather gloves just to be ready for anything. He looks like someone who is always ready for an adventure.

Personality: A social introvert, he likes the company of other people, but he needs a break every other time. Doesn’t really know how to start conversations but still tries his best to do so. He always wants to help other people and will if it is within his powers. Very adventurous, there is not a day that he is not out. And inspired by pokemon, he always strives to evolve to someone better than he is yesterday.

Biography: Started his adventure from the Sinnoh region where he first met his Gible in the wild. Concerned of his safety, his parents were against of him taking care of Gible, but in that short amount of time, their bond is already unbreakable. He then set on to battle his way through pokemon leagues. Always trying to beat and become the best like no one ever was. And now, Toro League is his goal.

Flaws: Tries to hide whenever he’s uncomfortable. Rarely speaks.

Ambitions: Become a better person than he is yesterday.

Starter Pixelmon: Gible
Skin: https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/187 ... dventurer/

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Odysseus stares at the girl and then glances at the stuck Meowth. Without saying a word, Odysseus hastily climbs the tree, grabs the said Meowth and looks down. He forgot that he is afraid of heights! Not knowing what to do, he sat there for a long time with the Meowth in his hands. The little girl tries to reach for it, succeeded in taking the Meowth, thanked Odysseus and waved goodbye. Meanwhile, Odysseus is stuck in the tree for a little while until he found the idea to seek the help of his own pokemon.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Odysseus saw the cheerful woman from afar, greeting everyone. He stopped in his tracks to ready himself for the questions he will be asked. After readying his answers, he stepped up and quickly responded, “Hi! I am Odysseus Freed from the Sinnoh region. I came for the Toro League and I’m planning to stay to settle down.” The cheerful woman repeats what he said while taking note of it and then said, “Alright! Thank you very much for your cooperation! I hope you enjoy your stay!” Odysseus confidently replied, “Yep, I think I will. Thank you!” He then walked quickly to the nearest hidden corner and gasped for air to relax his nerves.
Last edited by eoneus on Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Kurogane Ningyō Application

Hello! Thank you for your interest in our server and taking the time to apply, it is super promising! Sadly I can't fully review your app since a lot of it on a base level just doesn't work with Toro's setting. We're a serious roleplay server whose setting is pretty important to us, and in our setting things like demons and spirits, and time traveling doesn't super exist!
This server is set in the Toro Region. It's part of Pokemon universe - but different from the games/anime ( So no Ash Ketchums / Professor Oaks ) technology and aesthetics wise we're somewhere closer to the 50s-60s, before Flatscreen TVs, Cellphones, Music Players, DVDs, Computers - Outside of typical Pokemon tech of course!
If you're looking for an bit more knowledge of our world you can find more info [here]. I also suggest peeking at other apps perhaps to see what we're looking for - both in the ic and ooc sections. Your app shows some great promise though, and you're free to reapply anytime once you change things up! ^^ Thank you and goodluck, if you need anything our discord is always helpful~
eoneus

Re: Kurogane Ningyō Application

I edited it. Please let me know if you still have suggestions, thank you for your time! :D
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Odysseus Freed Application

Welcome! Thank you for your patience, and changing things up!
Your character is sweet, and though they might get looked at funny for wearing a dragon crested hood ( I'm not sure what this means too much? As long as it's not a hoodie it's fine tho lol )
I do want to expand upon your 'power-gaming / god-modding' answer, just for your own clarification as a first time RPer. We commonly refer to Godmodding here as Powergaming, and more specifically to us that is:
When people roleplay in a way that does not allow the other person to react (ex: typing 'My character punched your character causing them to fall'). You can avoid this by using words like 'try' ( such as: My character TRIES to punch your character! ) and just making sure you don't make the other char's reaction! - Along with the typical, doing thing they shouldn't be actually able to do, example: like flying!
But welcome again! ♥

When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guidea read~
eoneus

Re: Odysseus Freed Application

Understood, that is noted! Thank you very much! :D

Return to “Accepted Applications”