Kaguto's Whitelist Application

Kaguto
MC name: Kagutou

Kaguto's Whitelist Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Kagutou
Discord Username: Kaguto#9726
Where did you hear about us: I Googled "Pixelmon RP Servers" and found this I think on Reddit.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am pretty fond of Pokémon! I started with Gen 2 on the Gameboy Color :3 Ah, the memories! I am also a VTuber--and for that reason I won't share too much personal info right now :/ But I like video games and I like Pokémon. When it comes to games, I describe myself as a "Hardcore Casual." That means I play casually, but I'm hardcore about it, in a manner of speaking. That is to say, I'm not casual in the sense that I don't take games seriously, because I do. Very much so. Sometimes, maybe a little too much! I think that in a game, video game or otherwise, immersion is the most important aspect and the key to a truly fun game. I want to feel like I'm really living in that world, not just grinding for points. Also, I'm a writer. Shhh, don't tell anyone owo

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? I sometimes call it "collaborative novel-writing." Basically, it's creating a story or playing a game that occurs primarily through text or dialogue. Alternatively, it can refer to just immersing yourself in your character in a regular game/video game. For instance, instead of saying, "Oh, a potion! Now I can restore my HP," you might say, in roleplay, "Ah--a potion! This will do wonders for that burn. It was really starting to hurt..."
What is meta-gaming? That's, to the best of my knowledge, acting with knowledge you have that your character does not and should not have. For example, "I need to catch a Pikachu!" So you head straight to Viridian forest to catch one because you know that's where they spawn, even if your character should have no feasible way of knowing that. To not meta-game, you'd have to ask around in RP where to find a Pikachu.
What is power-gaming / god-modding? It is including actions for another player's character in your response. For example, "Red punches Blue in the face. Blue tries to dodge it, but he isn't able to move in time." Also, it seems to apply to simply making your character overpowered for no reason other than you want to.
What is retroactive continuity? Retcon. It refers to changing established canon or backstory, or at least adding something that wasn't there before. One fun example is tha tone old guy who's spotted in the background during the Battle of Endor in "Return of the Jedi." He used to be just that--an old guy. In "Star Wars: Rebels," they made the aged Clone Captain Rex look an awful lot like that guy, and later canonized it. That random old guy is now none other than Captain Rex! Captain Rex did not exist as a character at the time of "Return of the Jedi," so this is a retcon.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? It's just as it sounds. IC is speaking/acting as your in-game character while OOC is speaking as yourself. OOC is usually in a totally separate forum/chatroom or at least in between parenthesis or something similar if it is absolutely necessary mid-RP.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) Nope owo Never roleplayed in Minecraft before so this should be interesting.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Kaguchi "Kaguto" Kayato
Appearance: Kaguto has long, black hair with a bit of a wave to it. He has slender proportions and delicate features, as well as a rather feminine-looking face compared to the typical male, complete with big eyes, long lashes, a small nose, and lips just a bit pinker and more plump than most men. Occasionally, he is mistaken for a woman. He prefers to dress in dark, plain clothing, but might occasionally where a blue or green cargo jacket. He wears jeans, boots instead of sneakers, a belt, and usually a plain, black, short-sleeved t-shirt. He is about average height, if not a bit shorter, standing at about 5'7".
Personality: Kaguto has a carefree, easygoing personality. He prefers to spend his free time longing around. To him, few things beat a nap in the grass, under a thick-trunked tree with plenty of leaves, and especially when there's a nice, cool breeze. He's not averted to hard work, though, especially if it's for someone in need or it simply needs to be done. Besides, hard work just makes a cool drink, a warm bath, and a light nap all the better. Despite his easygoing nature and afinity for naps, he can be quite energetic and more than a bit impish. When the muse strikes him, he's not above a little prank or two. But never anything harmful. In Kaguto's opinion, the only good kind of prank or joke is one that everyone can laugh about after the fact, including its "victim." Additionally, he can get quite sarcastic under certain circumstances, especially toward people he does not like. However, he has an honest heart and a kind and just disposition. He's not one to witness injustice and sit back and do nothing, even if he'd be better off staying out of it.
Biography: Kaguchi Kayato was born and raised in the town of Floaroma Town in the Sinnoh Region. Though "to" is a masculine name ending in the regions of Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh, it is his opinion that the "Kaya" in his given name does not help to alleviate people's confusion regarding his gender. For that reason, and because, in his own words, "It sounds cooler," he goes by the name "Kaguto," which he got by fusing his family name and given name. Kaguto spent the vast majority of his life in the town of his birth, and never saw much of his home region. He did, however, once run a parcel of flowers from Floaroma to one of his mother's customers in Jubilife City, and the miniature journey gave him a thirst for travelling. He grew up in a small home in Floaroma with just his mother, Kyoko, his father, Akihiko, and his older sister, Chiyo. He led an uneventful childhood, getting himself through school like any other kid. For five years after graduating, Kaguto helped his mother with her flower shop, making the odd delivery to Jubilife or Eterna CIty, and never really wanting anything else. He was always accompanied in his journeys--or in his naps--by the family pet, a Shinx who took an immediate liking to Kaguto. For the two of them, nothing could be better. However, one day, his sister Chiyo, a Trainer aspiring to be a Pokémon Master, came home with something interesting. It was a ticket for one to board a ship to a faraway region called Toro. Since she was not yet finished with Sinnoh's Pokémon League, she opted to give the ticket to Kaguto. He was hesitant at first, but the call to adventure was difficult to resist. After some prodding from his parents to "Seize the day," Kaguto, along, with his pet Shinx, set off for the Toro Region. He was never a Trainer himself, though, and to that day, neither he nor his Shinx had ever been in a Pokémon Battle. It's hard to say what the Toro Region will have in store for them...
Flaws: Prior to leaving for Toro, he has never been in a Pokémon Battle, and he isn't physically strong, either. This, paired with his strong sense of justice, or his simple tendency to lend a hand to any nice-seeming person in need, can lead to him over exerting himself or, in truly dire scenarios, much worse. Also, he is a bit unfocused at times and has a tendency to daydream.
Ambitions: He has no specific ambitions. He left for Toro on a whim to see what the faraway land had in store for him, and to see where life would take him.
Starter Pixelmon: Shinx
Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Kaguto kneels as soon as the girl reaches him, bringing himself eye-level with her. He immediately notes the tears in her eyes, and he smiles in as reassuring a manner as he can. He stays quiet, letting the girl explain her scenario. Then, he nods. "Don't worry, miss," he says calmly and confidently. "Just leave it to me!" Kaguto rises to his feet while reaching for his belt. From it, he retrieves a Poké Ball. He clicks the small button on its center, and the ball enlarges. He tosses the ball into the air and calls, "Go, Swellow!" Once the Pokémon materializes, Kaguto points to the stranded Meowth. "Give him a hand, would ya?" he calls up to his Pokémon.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Kaguto takes a step back, blinking in surprise. "O-Oh. Uh...Sinnoh. I'm from Floaroma Town." He blushes and fidgets a bit, obviously nervous. "As for why..." Kaguto trails off, chuckling nervously, and offers the woman an awkward smile. It's a kind of smile that says, "I barely know where I am, much less why I'm here..." After that, he frowns and his eyes widen a bit in shock as he realizes that fact for himself. What was his plan, exactly...?

Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: Kaguto's Whitelist Application

aaaaand accepted!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”