SilverWinter's Whitelist Aplication (Edit)

SilverWinter
MC name: SilverWinterWolf

SilverWinter's Whitelist Aplication (Edit)

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: SilverWinterWolf
Discord Username: SilverWinter #7876
Where did you hear about us: JohnGohan on Discord, we were both looking for servers to join and found this one and decided to apply for it.
Tell us a little about yourself: A strong sense of morality, I don’t like rude behaviour and I hate it when people are harassed, And I do have a strong sense of loving and appreciating oneself. But I can also be a bit impulsive and have a little bit of a temper, but I have used personal growth to balance myself out, I am not perfect as I am still learning, But I will do what I can to stand up for others.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Playing another character different or similar to yourself in grand story, going through personal growth and learning with others, perhaps even using some lessons learned in roleplay in real life, a sort of practice of life if you would.
What is meta-gaming? Trying to use Knowledge you yourself knows, but not what your character themselves know.
What is power-gaming / god-modding? Trying to make yourself over powered from the getgo without really earning it, being unbalanced by having next to no flaws and trying to take control of the situation without giving anyone else a chance.
And Power Gaming is like trying to retcon a situation that has just just happened, like say if your character or the opponent just got knocked out, (EG from a DnD Session, [Insert Name] Just got hypnotized by [Insert Spell] You cant just say that you shake your head to wake yourself up, Your hypnotised, you cant try something like that or its Power Gaming)
What is retroactive continuity? Basically its trying to change something in the backstory or events thats already happened and attempting to replace it with something or someone that was never even there or an event that never happened, to me its not a good thing, while you could put in a flashback or short dialog to tell a short story of maybe a an embarrassing event as a child or some kind of small accident, as long as it doesnt mess with continuity or mess with someones backstory it should be fine.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? OOC is being yourself, or asking out of game questions if you are unsure on how something works or not gameplay wise, and IC is playing as your character and becoming your character as if your an entirely new person learning new things.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) I do have experience in 1 on 1 Roleplay, and a little bit of Dungeons and Dragons Roleplay Experience, but in a large server such as this im not really experienced at all but willing to learn.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Raven Spector
Appearance: Shortish black hair, Purple Scarf, Black Hoodie with a purple pokeball on the front, and black joggers with black trainers and purple socks, hes quite pale but not enough that its unhealthy, hes also go purple eyes.
Personality: Quite outgoing but not too great with talking to other people, aside from Ghost Type Pokemon.
Biography: He was raised in the Unova Region in Mistralton City, However he was not too great with making friends, but his parents took care of Celestial Tower, So we be around Ghost Type pokemon alot, he would see that Ghost Type pokemon can be pretty lonely, and saw a sort of kinship between Ghost Types, he would befriend the Ghost Pokemon and over time he would notice changes in personality or behaviour and see if they are sad or really happy, even though its not perfect. When he become of age he was gifted an egg for a Pokemon that soon enough as he set on his journey, it hatched into his first ever pokemon, A Litwick, who he named Nightlight.
Flaws: His communication skills is a little difficult, since he doesnt speak to many people his vocabulary and grammar is pretty pour, like either saying his name or a somewhat third person speech, He gets scared of confrontation and has an unnatural fear of Dark Type due to being around Ghost Type Pokemon.
Ambitions: To be a strong pokemon trainer with his friendship with Ghost Type Pokemon on his side, And to become more braver around people.
Starter Pixelmon: Litwick
Skin: Could put a screenshot, but heres a Link to the skin I made. Or at least tried to. https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/186 ... lay-skin-/

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

“O-Oh…u-um…” Raven then hides his face a little, but I would try and pull a brave face, despite how nervous I am being around another person. “M-Me try… F-Friends help…” I would then follow the girl to where her Meowth is, I would send out a pokemon that could float to reach the Meowth to help it down, like a Dusknoir or Mismagius if I have one. “G-Ghost m-may be scary to s-some…b-but Ghosts Friends…”

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

“U-Um, M-Me come from Unova… w-want to m-make new friends, G-Ghost friends… M-Me meet new friends…” I would however still be pretty shy to speak and hide my face in my hoodie out of fear, but try and answer as well as possible despite my soft and quiet voice.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

I would squeak out of the sudden shock, Hesitant to react, but I would try and respond bravely. “C-Come on N-Nightlight, M-Me no chump…” would then stumble to throw a pokeball, sending out my trusty partner Nightlight the Litwick, hoping to succeed, despite not having much belief in myself.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: SilverWinter's Whitelist Aplication (Edit)

Hi! I appreciate both your interest in the server and your patience. Before we can accept this application we'll need some alterations.

- Appearance, Personality, and Biography are all short. They need to be a minimum of 5 complete sentences. In addition, all of them are one run on sentence; please remember to split them up with periods as appropriate.
- We don't allow hoodies on skins as they feel too modern.
- Your biography needs to explain why they came to Toro.
- Your 2 chosen Open Responses need to be 5 complete sentences.
- Open Responses should be third person (use he/him/his instead of 'I' outside of dialogue).
- While it's not necessarily something to rent you over, it's a very odd quirk for him to be saying something like "Me try" instead of "I try". If you don't change it, then I'll have to ask you explain somewhere why he chooses to do that.

Sorry for the delay but I hope to see you fix these! When you do so please post a reply to this, say something in the Discord waiting room, or DM me (Misha) on Discord. Thank you!
SilverWinter

Right, thanks for the response, I'll try my best to change it.
SilverWinter

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: SilverWinterWolf
Discord Username: SilverWinter #7876
Where did you hear about us: JohnGohan on Discord, we were both looking for servers to join and found this one and decided to apply for it.
Tell us a little about yourself: A strong sense of morality, I don’t like rude behaviour and I hate it when people are harassed, And I do have a strong sense of loving and appreciating oneself. But I can also be a bit impulsive and have a little bit of a temper, but I have used personal growth to balance myself out, I am not perfect as I am still learning, But I will do what I can to stand up for others.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Playing another character different or similar to yourself in grand story, going through personal growth and learning with others, perhaps even using some lessons learned in roleplay in real life, a sort of practice of life if you would.
What is meta-gaming? Trying to use Knowledge you yourself knows, but not what your character themselves know.
What is power-gaming / god-modding? Trying to make yourself over powered from the getgo without really earning it, being unbalanced by having next to no flaws and trying to take control of the situation without giving anyone else a chance.
And Power Gaming is like trying to retcon a situation that has just just happened, like say if your character or the opponent just got knocked out, (EG from a DnD Session, [Insert Name] Just got hypnotized by [Insert Spell] You cant just say that you shake your head to wake yourself up, Your hypnotised, you cant try something like that or its Power Gaming)
What is retroactive continuity? Basically its trying to change something in the backstory or events thats already happened and attempting to replace it with something or someone that was never even there or an event that never happened, to me its not a good thing, while you could put in a flashback or short dialog to tell a short story of maybe a an embarrassing event as a child or some kind of small accident, as long as it doesnt mess with continuity or mess with someones backstory it should be fine.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? OOC is being yourself, or asking out of game questions if you are unsure on how something works or not gameplay wise, and IC is playing as your character and becoming your character as if your an entirely new person learning new things.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) I do have experience in 1 on 1 Roleplay, and a little bit of Dungeons and Dragons Roleplay Experience, but in a large server such as this im not really experienced at all but willing to learn.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Raven Spector

Appearance: Raven's appearance isnt anything too fancy, he wears a black shirt with a purple pokemon on the center. He also sports a purple scarf that he received for one of his birthdays in his childhood years as it would commonly snow around the colder times of year with Mistralton City being really close to Twist Mountain. He also wears a black joggers to keep his legs warm, purple socks and basic black trainers.
The bag he has to carry around with him is a black sack that he carries on his back everywhere and holds all his essentials, his Litwick commonly sits in it so hes close to him when its night time. It also has a keychain of a Mimikyu on the side.

Personality: Hes quite shy when it comes to being around other human people specifically, stuttering when he tries to talk but is more comfortable around pokemon, Specifically Ghost Type Pokemon. He hates the idea of the dearly departed and Ghost Type pokemon being insulted as he sees those who have long or recently left this world to be thought of respectively depending who they are.
When he hears someone speak ill of the dead he does snap, regretting it straight after words however since making people angry or upset is never his intention, only to inform others that talking badly about the dead is disrespectful of their time when they were alive.
While he does agree that alot of Ghost Type pokemon can be tricksters, he doesn't hold it against them as he has seen that Ghost Type can and are very kind as they have kept him compony when growing up.
Due to his irrational fear of Dark Types he has a hard time being in the dark alone, which even he realises the irony of it due to his love and friendship with Ghost Types.

Biography: He was raised in the Unova Region in Mistralton City, However he was not too great with making friends. His parents took care of Celestial Tower, so he would be around Ghost Type pokemon a lot. He would see that Ghost Type pokemon can be pretty lonely, and saw a sort of kinship between Ghost Types, he would befriend the Ghost Pokemon and over time he would notice changes in personality or behaviour and see if they are sad or really happy, even though its not perfect.
On his 16th Birthday he had received a pokemon egg from his parents while shocked he did his best to take care of the egg, looking after it the best he could so it could hatch into a happy and healthy pokemon. In due time. it hatched into his first ever pokemon, A Litwick, who he named Nightlight.
When he decided to set off on his journey, he didnt want to journey around the Unova Region as it was too much of a familier home, so he decided to widen his horizons and did research into what region to explore. Then he found a ad for the Toro Region, he looked through it, reading about the Ghost Type pokemon and the regional pokemon that were discovered. He then decided to set off to the Toro Region to take part in the league, become friends with all the Ghost Pokemon and become more braver as a person so he was no longer scared of people.

Flaws: His communication skills is a little difficult, since he doesnt speak to many people his vocabulary and grammar is pretty pour, like either saying his name or a somewhat third person speech. He gets scared of confrontation and has an unnatural fear of Dark Type due to being around Ghost Type Pokemon.
He also has a small amount of patience when it comes to people talking bad about the dead.

Ambitions: To be a strong pokemon trainer with his friendship with Ghost Type Pokemon on his side, And to become more braver around people.

Starter Pixelmon: Litwick
Skin: Could put a screenshot, but heres a Link to the skin I made. Or at least tried to. https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/186 ... lay-skin-/

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Raven would flinch at the girl suddenly approaching him. He fiddles around with his scarf and hides his face into it, feeling nervous, but he peeks out and looks at the girl. "I-I um...I-I can s-see what I can do." He then follows the the girl to where her Meowth has gotten stuck, he looks up and where the Meowth is, he hears the sounds of a Scared Meowth, he then looks at the girl. "I-I can help...I-I have a friend that can help..." He then pulls out a pokeball, he holds it forward. "N-Nightlight, c-can you help us please?" The Pokeball then opens and a Litwick pops out of the Pokeball and into Raven's arms. "Litwick!" It says exitedly. "N-Nightlight, c-can you use P-Psychic and help the Meowth down from that tree?" He then points towards the tree where the Meowth is, Nightlight then nods. "Lit!" Its eyes glow with a Psychic Power and a gently light glows around the Meowth, Nightlight lifts up the Meowth using Psychic and slowly brings it down from the tree and into the girl's arms. "U-Um...I-Im happy I could help..."

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

He squeaks, a little nervous, but sees how cheerful and nice shes is being, he doesnt hide his face from her but does his best to try and put on a brave face, though it just looks very shy. “U-Um, I-Im Raven....I-I come from the Unova Region, I-I c-came to take part i-in the pokemon league w-with my friend..." He looks down at the pokemon in his arms, a Litwick. "N-Nightlight and I a-are gonna do our best...!" He tries to stand proud, though he just stumbles a little. "I-I also w-want to see the world...a-and I thought Toro w-would be a good start, s-so...does that answer your questions m-miss...?" He gently hugs Nightlight, still quite nervous.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Raven would jump a little at the sudden action, he looks at the trainer and gulps, he nods in responce. "I-I'll do my best....I-Im not a chump...!" He stumbles as he throws a pokeball, sending out his trusty pokemon, Nightlight the Litwick. "N-Nightlight, U-Use Will O Wisp....!" Nightlight then summons a flame of purple and blue fire from in front of its face, and aims it at the Rattata and fires, It misses and the Rattata starts running in for what looks like Bite and lunges towords Nightlight. "F-Flame Burst....!" Nightlight then fires a Flame Burst attack directly at the Rattata when it gets close, the small blast sending it flying into a tree.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Hi! Worked out stuff in Discord and the new version is a lot better. Thank you for your patience!

I will note that the skin's design itself is fine, though it seems to be lacking any sort of shading so it seems very flat. If you want help, I'm sure a few people might be willing to help touch it up (or I might give it a try later). Besides that though, character seems cute and you did the required edits so I can say that you are-

The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”