Deadmeat's Whitelist App

deadmeatdemon
MC name: deadmeatdemon

Deadmeat's Whitelist App

-Player Questions-

Minecraft Username: deadmeatdemon

Discord Username: deadmeat#6714

Where did you hear about us: I was just browsing for Pixelmon servers and I felt like dipping my toes into a more RP-focused community would be interesting!!

Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Hannah and I’m a college (super-)senior with a passion for craft beer, paleontology and Pokemon! I’ve loved Pokemon since I was very young (I’m a Sinnoh baby!), and although it’s been many, many years since I’ve done anything RP related, I hope I won’t let this community down! Please extend a kind and patient hand to this geezer whose last experience RPing was as a cringy tween wolf-girl <3

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is using a character to interact and grow with others within an established story/lore!

What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming is when your character has information that they otherwise wouldn’t know about and acting on that information.

What is power-gaming / god-modding? Performing actions for another player’s character without consent, or doing something drastic to another character without previous consent. (aka, *breaks your leg so you can't fight me*)

What is retroactive continuity? Retrofitting new significant details (or removing significant details) onto a previously established backstory.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC are actions/dialogue that is coming from your character. Any IC dialogue/actions must be within the bounds of reality for that character and their knowledge. OOC is anything outside of the norm of that character’s abilities/knowledge, or is the way the player behind the character communicates with others.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) Nope, but I’m willing to learn!!

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Margot Milley

Appearance: Margot Milley is a woman of average build, standing at 5’5” and 155 lbs. She has pale skin and auburn-red, chin-length wavy hair kept back by a simple headband and three short ponytails. She has round white-rimmed glasses resting upon her freckled nose, and her overall fashion sense can be described as Bad. Think Miss Frizzl-y with a touch of 80’s on the side. She wears an ugly multicolored striped sweater underneath both a white labcoat and a pair of denim overalls that has a front pocket large enough for her Dedenne, Trouble, to snuggle inside.

Personality: Margot is a helpful, scatterbrained workaholic who's always happy to gush about the things she likes. Eager to please, she’ll leap at any opportunity to be helpful to someone inside or outside of the lab. However, because of these traits, some people find Marlow to be overbearing at times, and her people-pleasing attitude can become an easy in for more manipulative people. She puts a lot of trust in those that are kind to her, people and Pokemon alike, and often relies on her streetwise Dedenne’s intuition to judge whether or not someone/something is to be trusted. Margot is ever curious about the natural world and craves to learn something new about it everyday. (Her favorite food is sweet poffins, much to the surprise of everyone around her.)

Biography: Margot grew up on the edges of Sinnoh’s Oreburgh City, her childhood home nestled snugly in the shadows between ancient mountains. Her parents were quiet, simple bakers who busied themselves raising Combee hives, Miltank, and various berries for use in poffins and pastries as a way of living. Her interest in ancient Pokemon began after she discovered a beautiful Plume fossil in the ground while out tending to the berry fields one day. Instantly attached, Margot happily ran all the way back to her home to show her parents, who displayed it proudly on the mantle. Margot often dreams about one day meeting her Plume fossil Pokemon, and she truly feels that she has a deep attachment to said Pokemon. The fossil goes with her everywhere.

When she got older, Margot moved to the bustling heart of Oreburgh City to focus on her growing interest in ancient Pokemon, and although she had her own apartment, she practically lived at the lab. Without a partner Pokemon to protect her out in the field, she was mainly relegated to spending most of her time running around as a simple lab assistant for the Explorers based there, cataloging and recording their finds for further cleaning and study. Because she was the only person in the lab to not have a partner Pokemon, Junior Explorers often made light-hearted jokes that the fossils she so dutifully cleaned and organized were her partner Pokemon, but she just talked them all to death.

It was here that she first met Trouble, her Dedenne. For a whole week, something had been blowing the circuits to the lab, putting both experiments and frozen DNA samples in danger, but whenever Margot hurried down to the basement to turn the power back on again, she would always come back to find the communal fridge to be lacking a few of her favorite snacks. ("Poffins! Always my poffins!") After a few nights of exasperation and nowhere closer to finding the culprit, Margot went to one of the Junior Explorers for help with her trouble. After all, Margot can’t be staying up late worrying constantly about the power suddenly shutting off and ruining all her bosses' hard work!

The Junior Explorer happily agreed, and his Umbreon waited in the shadows of her kitchen as they waited for the tell-tale ker-klunk of the breaker tripping. When it did, the Umbreon pounced on the culprit as soon as it hoisted up the icebox lid. It was a naughty Dedenne tripping the power! The junior explorer offered to catch it for Margot, to which she agreed, and now with a partner Pokemon by her side, she’s free to finally venture out and do her own research!

Flaws: Total people pleaser, raised a country bumpkin so not very streetwise in the city, overworks herself and burns out easily.

Ambitions: Wants to explore Toro with her new partner to further her knowledge on extinct/extant Pokemon. Wants to find a way to revive the Plume fossil from her childhood!

Starter Pixelmon: Dedenne (Male, Naughty nature, nicknamed Trouble)

Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

“Oh!” Margot gasps, squinting up into the foliage. Sure enough, a smug-looking Meowth is sitting on one of the tree’s apex branches, paws swinging back and forth. It doesn’t look at all perturbed by the situation it’s in, but the tears in the little girl’s eyes pull at Margot’s heart strings. She nods, “Okay! I’ll...I’ll see what I can do!”

Okay. It’s only a decorative pecha tree, so it’s not very tall, Margot ponders as she grips a low branch, but as she hoists herself up onto a second, she finds she’s much more out-of-shape than she remembers. Phew.

Trouble, awoken by the commotion, scurries up out of her overalls pocket and onto her shoulder with a curious “Dede?”

Margot points to the Meowth, “Can you convince them to come down?” Trouble’s antenne-like whiskers twitch in thought, so Margot digs out a poffin. “Pretty please, Trouble?”

Trouble squeaks, “Nene!” The dedenne takes the poffin in his mouth and hops up the branches to where the Meowth is relaxing. Trouble waves the poffin around. “Ne! Ne!”

Hungry, the Meowth follows Trouble down through the tree, but just as they reach the ground Trouble stuffs the poffin in his mouth instead of giving it to the rescued pokemon. Trouble flees back into Margot’s overalls just as the little girl scoops up the furious Meowth.

The little girl squeals, “Thank you, thank you!”

“No problem,” Margot smiles, absently petting Trouble's head.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Suddenly accosted by the survey-taker, Margot grasps the shoulder straps of her pack tight in surprise. “Oh, for statistical reasons? Er… I'm from Oreburgh City. Born and raised in the mountains.” Margot feels Trouble rustle around in her front pocket, her partner anxious to see the new land they’re braving together. “I don’t plan on going anywhere in particular, me and my partner Pokemon are just playing this adventure by ear for now! But hopefully my journey will lead me to meeting my little Plume fossil in the flesh one day.”

Trouble squeaks an excited “Dede!” as Margot digs out her precious Plume fossil, the treasure wrapped lovingly in a blue baby blanket to present it to the survey woman. Margot smiles brightly, “Isn’t it beautiful? See if you look close enough, you can see down to the singular barbule!” Margot continues to gush about her fossil endlessly until the woman politely excuses herself to run over to the next person.
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Re: Deadmeat's Whitelist App

Return to “Accepted Applications”