innocuouscoma's application

innocuouscoma
MC name: innocuouscoma

innocuouscoma's application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: innocuouscoma
Discord Username: Potatosoupliker- I’m already in the server~
Where did you hear about us: Referred by Chaos_1x
Tell us a little about yourself: Sup, I’m Soup. I like writing, drawing, and messing around in general. New storytelling mediums are always fun, so I figured I’d check this place out.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?:
Collaborative storytelling, often with extra steps vis a vis mechanics.

What is meta-gaming?:
Acting with information that your character otherwise wouldn’t have access to.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?:
Acting with abilities that your character otherwise wouldn’t have access to.

What is retroactive continuity?:
Going back to change previously established information.

What is a Mary Sue?:
Although I dislike the term Mary Sue, it’s colloquially used to refer to characters that are ‘perfect’- i.e., have little to no flaws, and any possessed flaws do not actually affect the story.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?:
IC are things considered to happen (or have happened) in the game’s lore. OOC are things outside the game (but occasionally related to it). This includes meta communications, the forums/discord in general, etc.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?:
Nope, none :<

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Felix Mieszko

Appearance: Felix stands at about 5’10”, and although he possesses muscle, he seems to be a little underweight. Roughhousing with pokemon has covered his arms and legs with various minor scuffs, but he doesn’t seem to care either way. His hair is a bright orange with darker brown eyes. He seems more likely to burn than tan, but he can surprisingly do it rather well. In general, he tends to wear clothing just a rung more expensive than casual.

Personality: Though he comes off as flirtatious, upbeat, and humorous, Felix doesn’t expect much to come from his behavior- indeed, it seems to be a form of elaborate self harm centered around rejection. He takes confirmation bias to a dangerous degree- despite knowing internally that his behavior isn’t sustainable, some part is vindicated at being proven right by repeated failure at interpersonal connection. He wants more than anything to be accepted, both by his peers and by his family, but more often than not his own behavior drives them away. In theory, he’s very smart, but the above combined with prodigy burnout have resulted in him not being particularly successful. He’s not doing so well right now, but hopefully Toro will provide the change he needs...

Biography: Born to a rich family in Sinnoh, Felix hasn’t been taken care of as well as he should’ve been in his developmental years. As a result, he’s developed some attention seeking behaviors that put him at odds with others. Doing well in school up until around ninth grade, he’s since been afflicted with prodigy burnout- trying is so much more stressful than just accepting your failure, after all. He’s currently been sent off to Toro to correct his behavior and maybe earn a degree, but a stern warning from his parents ensure that any more messing around and he’ll be cut off entirely. He has a complicated relationship with his siblings that he isn’t sure how to interpret.

Flaws: His behavior towards others and self-loathing tendencies make him difficult to connect with. He’s more likely to give up when things get hard than to persevere.

Ambitions: He wants to be acknowledged. Beyond that, he thinks challenging the gyms, earning degrees, or whatever short term hobbies he picks up on a whim will provide him the happiness he wants, but they just make him feel tired.

Starter Pixelmon: Vullaby (Overcoat; Careful; Runt)

Skin:
(I know the arms are wonky- the program I used to grab the skin doesn’t differentiate between Alex and Steve models)

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?:

The girl was hysterical. Felix wasn’t too good at the touchy feely stuff, but a routine smile came to his lips before he offered a response. “Yeah, sure, I’ve got time. Where is he?” He was going to be late for an appointment, but surely they’d understand. He was pretty sure he had a connection with a few fellow employees- that oughta offer wiggle room. She pointed towards a small maple a block or so away. Hm.

“That’s not a very tall tree,” he observed before he could shut his mouth.

“Well, he’s not a very smart meowth.” the response surprised a laugh out of him. Even later that day, getting chewed up by his employer with claw marks crisscrossing his hands, it was enough to keep a barely suppressed grin for a while. The more things changed, the more they stayed the same, he supposed.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?:

“It’s not every day a beautiful lady wants to get to know me better. Sure, why not?” The flashes of something- annoyance or otherwise- that displayed briefly in her eyes told him to reign it in a bit. “Let’s see… I like long walks on the beach, rainy days, and… Oh, there ya go.” She left him behind, of course, but such things were par for the course. Something in him, both defeated yet triumphant, watched her move on to the next person, and the next, before he went about his day. And if he stayed up late wondering what the point of trying was, anyway, he’d never say a word.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: innocuouscoma's application

Welcome! You're right, I don't like the term either- it's a term for the bygone era it was created in, and it shoulda stayed in 2013. but oops. It's gone now though, this was a good reminder to edit the apps and remove it- ty!

In addition, lovely app! They seem like a fun character ^^ I do want to expand upon your 'power-gaming / god-modding' answer, just for other people who may come across the app looking for the answer. We commonly refer to Godmodding here as Powergaming, and more specifically to us that is:
When people roleplay in a way that does not allow the other person to react (ex: typing 'My character punched your character causing them to fall'). You can avoid this by using words like 'try' and just making sure you don't make the other char's reaction! - Along with the typical, doing thing they shouldn't be actually able to do, example: like flying!
But welcome again! ♥

When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guidea read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”