Tsunami911's Application

Tsunami911
MC name: Tsunami911

Tsunami911's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Tsunami911
Discord Username: Tsunami911
Where did you hear about us: I was browsing through Reddit.

Tell us a little about yourself: I am taking a break from college and decided to get back into some old habits, mainly roleplaying and gaming. I play League of Legends and Minecraft, not good at either of the games but still having fun xD. I was interested because it was a Pixelmon Roleplay server and I wanna try it.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is making a character and becoming that character in whatever world or scenario given. It could be a text or voice roleplay but it is stepping into a different person for a bit to just enjoy a different world for me.

What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming is usually looked down upon, especially when it comes to roleplay because you’re combining knowledge from the outside world, which ruins role plays sometimes. For example, if a IG character didn’t know how something worked, but the player looked it up and then the IG character knew it, it would be Meta
Gaming.

What is power-gaming? Power gaming is taking control of the whole situation. Therefore giving other players no input or change to interact. For example, a pokemon using a kick to completely knockout another play without given them a chance to input their response.

What is retroactive continuity? Retcon is adding to your character that is convenient to the story or plot out of nowhere. It is going back on what has been approved of in your backstory and adding something out of convenience. For example, changing knowledge of knowing an object, or changing a previous choice the character had made to fit the situation better.

What is a Mary Sue? A flawless character is what Mary Sue is to put simple. Every character should have a flaw to them that makes them more realistic and unique to the roleplaying story.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IG is the character that you roleplay in the world. OOC is the player that is controlling the IG. The two can be alike but shouldn’t mix.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? Text RP I have a bit of experience in. Voice RP is a bit different since I am a bit nervous talking to people unless I have time to warm up to them.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Leonardo (Leo) Von Hemlock

Appearance: Leo is a scruffy brown haired, blue eyed individual. He usually has a lost look to his face whenever he is busy thinking. He usually wears a black vest with a white undershirt, with the added pokeball belt to carry his pokemon. Leo also has a pair of fingerless gloves that help keep his hands warm and give him a grip for climbing. He always has a pair of makeshift goggles on his head which have a bit of sentimental value to him. Leo usually has his sleeves rolled up when he is working and rarely pulls them down.

Personality: Leo is a pokemon fanatic at heart, which is expressed through his expeditions and research. He is not a fan of battling pokemon, but is willing to battle to catch, train, or in a dire situation to battle. Around strangers, Leo starts to be shy and needs time to warm up to them, but is willing to offer at least some form of friendship upon meeting someone new. Whenever pokemon is a topic of conversation, Leo is immediately engaged and paying attention to any minor details that may have been given. He interacts better with pokemon than people, however with his close friends, he is open and hard to restrain from time to time when it comes to his adventures. Any chance to expand his knowledge on pokemon, he will do everything in his power to obtain.

Biography:
Leo lived a hard working life in the Hoenn Region. He had lived and worked on his grandpa’s pokemon ranch. When he wasn’t tending to pokemon, he was studying them with every moment he had. This led to Leo better interactions with pokemon, rather than people. At school, he studied up on pokemon and the variety of them from a theoretical context. Then he would apply what he learned to some of the pokemon on the ranch, which to him was great fun and fueled his adventurous side.
A notable event when he was young was when he was exploring with his family on a vacation to the Johto Region. He noticed an egg being carried off by a large bird pokemon. Not even thinking, Leo ran after the bird and did everything he could to get the egg back. After chasing after the bird, Leo found its nest on top of a high cliff top. Worrying more about the egg than himself, he followed and unfortunately encountered the bird, which ended up being a Fearow. Screeching in his face, Leo panicked and threw up some sand, making the Fearow flinch and look away. Not wasting his opportunity, Leo grabbed the egg and ran. On his way back to his family, Skarmory chased after and had pecked and scratched Leo until some nearby Rangers stopped the wild Skarmory. Ever since, Leo has been afraid of bird pokemon in general, however the whole ordeal had started his desire to be a pokemon ranger.
After the event, Leo studied pokemon and what it took to be a Pokemon Ranger. Excited to have a purpose to follow, he saved up for a one way ticket to the Toro Region to start his adventure. One the day he was leaving, his gramps had given him his pair of goggles that to this day hold significant value to him.

Flaws: He is deathly afraid of birds and bird like pokemon. He will stutter and do everything he can to hide from them. With this fear, he is also afraid of heights and flying in general, shutting him up and making him as useful as a wooden plank. In crowded settings he will be the last to talk and has a harder time talking to people.

Ambitions: He hopes to become a Ranger, but wants to further his own personal research on Pokemon and fill out the Pokedex along the way.

Starter Pixelmon: Smeargle
Skin:
https://imgur.com/Z7guA9P
https://imgur.com/EOBfrBj
https://imgur.com/TCGVoaE

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' Other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Leo nervously looked down at Smeargle who had started urging Leo to help. He then nervously looks at the crying girl, whose tear filled eyes melted his heart. “Y-ya! I can help.” The girl sniffled and smiled as she watched intently as Leo nervously walked over to the tree. “Okay, breathe, you got this Leo. Simple search and rescue like in the books. Step one: …” Leo had started going off on a rule tangent and was just standing there, staring at the tree. Smeargle face palmed and walked over and slapped Leo with their tail, effectively snapping Leo out. “Thanks Smeargle.” Leo said sheepishly as he started to climb the tree. A small crowd had started forming, watching Leo as he had climbed up the tree, curious about what was going on. As soon as Leo got to the top, the Meowth tilted its head, curious about the sudden person in front of them. Leo had reached out and scooped up the Meowth as he then looked down to see the crowd and how high up he was. He shook and started getting queasy. “Uhmm.. I should have thought about this.” Leo started to panic but then focused on the Meowth in his arms, who started then trying to get out of his grip. Climbing down quickly, fearing that the Meowth would hurt themselves if they slipped from his arms. “Thank you Mister!” the girl quickly spouted as she ran over and picked up her Meowth.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

As the woman walked up to Leo, he was surprised by the sudden greeting. “Uhm, let’s see, I am Leo of the Johto Region. I am here to learn more about pokemon!” exclaimed Leo as the cheerful woman jotted down some notes on her clipboard. “Excellent, and what was your plan to go from here?” she asked inquisitively. “I wasn’t really sure, but maybe volunteer at the Rehabilitation Center? After I am comfortable, maybe sign up to be a Pokemon Ranger.” As he pulled out the pamphlet that he had picked up when he had gotten there.
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Re: Tsunami911's Application

Return to “Accepted Applications”