ArtemisRecord Whitelist Application

ArtemisRecord
MC name: ArtemisRecord

ArtemisRecord Whitelist Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: ArtemisRecord

Where did you hear about us: Was shopping around for a new roleplay server after one I was in closed for beta, and happened upon this one after I was curious if there were any roleplays for Pixelmon.

Tell us a little about yourself: Uh well I’m Artemis! I’m 20 and I’ve been roleplaying for a few years now. I’m a big fan of stories and characters, especially fantasy. I grew up on pokemon, my first game being Pearl, and my favorite being Platinum.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?: Roleplaying is the act of assuming the role of a character and acting/writing as if you were that character. For example, I might not be a magical ranger in real life, however during a game of something like DND I can.

What is meta-gaming?: Metagaming is using OOCLy gained information in roleplay. Like if I learned that another character happened to secretly be working for a corrupt agency ooc, then acting on that in roleplay, that would be metagaming.

What is power-gaming?: Powergaming is the act of taking agency out of another player, like saying “Oh yeah I punch your face, toppling you to the ground”, which doesn’t give the other player the chance to respond with a block or other action (proper would be “I attempt to throw a punch towards your face” which gives the other player a chance to react)

What is retroactive continuity?: The act of retconing is going back on previous information and changing it. If I wrote that my character had a childhood friend growing up, then went back and said he didn’t, that would be a retcon.

What is a Mary Sue?: A perfect character without any flaws that everyone adores. These are typically bland, basic characters that have everything go their way or are able to do anything.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: The separation between player and character. IC pertains to everything that happens in roleplay, meanwhile OOC is everything that happens with the players and real life.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance): Yeah- Like I said above I’ve been roleplaying for quite a few years now on different mediums.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Nicolai Damarov

Appearance: Being from the colder region of Sinnoh, Nicolai is dressed in clothing more suited to the colder climates, with a cream color woolen dress-shirt and slacks held up by suspenders. A violet bow tie wraps itself around his neck to finish the snazzy professional look. He is quite pale in color meanwhile, having not gotten much sun for most of his life. He has violet eyes, complementing his bowtie, which give way to dark circles under them, giving off a “insomniac” kind of look. Meanwhile he has a messy head of dark purple hair.

Personality: A jumpy sort of insomniac who puts more emphasis on his work than his own wellbeing. Nicolai is a bit of a nutcase, being an avid fan of all kinds of ghost type pokemon, believing them to be the superior pokemon type. He spends most of his nights staying awake, trying to catch any sighting of ghost types even to a detriment to his health, going so far as to stay overnight in some haunted houses hoping for an encounter. When he’s not obsessing about pokemon however, he is a rather calm and collected type of person who enjoys the quiet and a nice drink of tea with fresh milk. Other than that, he's a polite person to those around him, even if he's a bit of oblivious to both his surroundings and the feelings of others.

Biography: A native to Sinnoh. Having grown up in the city of Veilstone, Nicolai was a quiet sort of kid. His mother worked the supermarket, so he spent much of time there, reading books as she helped other customers. His avid fascination with ghost types started however one night when he was helping her stock up. He got bored and decided to explore the warehouse, taking peaks at the various boxes as he passed them, only stopping when he found a box full of pikachu plushies. He never really understood why so many people liked this one pokemon, it’s just a yellow ball of fuzz. He kept digging through the box till he found something strange, a discolored fabric. He pulled on it and a pokemon lept from the box, one that looked like a fake pikachu. It screeched at him, which caused him to bolt back to his mother in tears. From then on, he had both a fear and fascination for ghost types. This fascination then led to his decision to travel and begin documenting ghost type pokemon, Toro being his first decision, or at least that's what he got from the random list of Regions he got from the Library.

Flaws: He has little care for his own personal health, foregoing sleep and even forgetting to eat sometimes, his mind too preoccupied with his studies. He also is fairly emotionally oblivious, not really understanding the feelings of others.

Ambitions: To document and train every ghost pokemon

Starter Pixelmon: Duskull

Skin: Front (https://i.imgur.com/VzkkywN.png) Back (https://i.imgur.com/UUK7lH3.png)

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Nicolai blinks for a moment, a yawn escaping his lips as he tries to register the woman through his blurry, sleep cover eyes. “Huh- Come again?” he says before her words catch up to him. He rubs his eyes and looks up to the tree, holding his hand over his eyes to shield them from the sun. “Do… Do Meowths climb trees normally?” he asks to no one in particular before he reaches into his bag, rummaging around before pulling out a case of poffins. He pulls out a fishy flavoured one and gestures it towards the tree “Here… kitty kitty…” he grunts before being knocked to the ground as the Meowth jumps right onto his head.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

The woman’s cheeriness was offputting to Nicolai to say the least, but he coughs and adjusts his bowtie nonetheless. “Ah- I’m from Sinnoh, Veilstone specifically. I’m just here to see all the ghost pokemon” he answers in a blunt sort of tone. “I don’t know where I plan to go, I’ll see when I get there.” he says waving off the woman before heading out into the region of Toro. He slightly wonders if that woman was performing a scam of some sort but thats none of his business.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Ah yes, a battle, Nicolai was new to this sort of thing. He calmly reaches into his bag and withdraws a small ball, which enlarges to encompass his hands, letting a yawn escape from his lips. “Duskull, I require your aid.” he says, releasing his precious ghostly partner out onto the field between them. This was a new feeling, a fun sort of feeling, almost as fun as seeing a ghost type in the wild. Thankfully, as a ghost type, his duskull wouldn’t be affected by the rattata, and vice versa, so, the battle was rather stagnant. “I- He’s my only pokemon, sorry…” he apologizes as he declares himself defeated as to not drag on the battle for any longer. He would grab a poffin from his bag and some loose change, handing them over as prizes “Thank you for this opportunity.” he says before heading on his way.
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Re: ArtemisRecord Whitelist Application

Return to “Accepted Applications”