Mellow's Application

mellow
MC name: ladyKAE

Mellow's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: ladyKAE
Discord Username: mellow#3560
Where did you hear about us: Google search
Tell us a little about yourself: Good to meet you! I'm a long time roleplayer with a solid eighteen years of experience under my belt. Starting on Neopets, I eventually drifted on to forums, and from there I've been all over the place. I've been looking for new places to write and fresh stories to tell, and Toro seemed like an interesting community to lay roots! I'm new to Minecraft itself, but I've been with Pokémon since its Gen 1 release, so hopefully I don't slow you all down too much. I enjoy themes of friendship and adventure, with the occasional romance when something clicks. Thanks for having me!

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is working together to make a cohesive story. Each person writes a different character within a decided setting, and the story builds between their interactions.

What is meta-gaming?
Metagaming is taking information that your character has no way of knowing and applying it to their actions or opinions.

What is power-gaming?
Power-gaming is forcing a success against another character or situation.

What is retroactive continuity?
Retcon is erasing an event in your character's story and continuing on as if it never happened.

What is a Mary Sue?
A Mary Sue is a character that is successful in everything they do, no matter lack of knowledge, training, or literally impossible odds. The writer portrays the character in such a way that insists they can do no wrong and forces situations to end in their favor or with their victory, sometimes strong-arming scenes to showcase their character as being the MVP.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC:: Something taking place within the roleplay. The thoughts, feelings, actions, and knowledge of the character.
OOC:: Matters being discussed by the writers. Differentiated by brackets to show the player's thoughts being separate from the character's.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Minecraft server, no. I've been writing 18 years between forums and MMO's. I am new to the game, so I hope you'll cut me some slack while I climb the learning curve!

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Yami Watanabe
Appearance:
Youthful, for the moment, with narrow, violet eyes and a placid line often at his lips. His features are fine and soft, the raven silk of his bangs drawn to disguise a perfectly healthy left eye, the length of his hair often tied back firm in a ponytail to reach midway down his back. His lean figure is shaped by wiry chords of muscle, and the beige of his skin shows a copper undertone. He stands 5' 6 inches tall, back straight and chin level in a practiced posture that suits the lazy grace of his movements.

It's rare to find him out of the traditional Kantonese attire. He prefers the foreign zori or geta to the popular footwear of the Toro region, typically dressed in either a modest kimono or yukata. His wardrobe seems distinctly lacking in way of variety, consisted wholly of dark, unsaturated shades and subtle patterns, only occasionally adorned by the rare silver, crimson, or golden-hued thread.

Personality:
Yami is an artist. He spends his days in distant reverie, in marvels over the delicate nature of the world around him. Old fashioned, contemplative, and of precious few words, he prefers discourse over violence and action over hollow promises. A decisive man who is difficult to sway when found upon a conclusion, he searches out the contentment that eludes him with a weary sense of determination. Restless, dissatisfied, and painfully secretive, he guards his true emotion behind flowery words and wonder, waiting for the moment to lay claim to the destiny he's so certain awaits him.

Biography:
Nobody. A gardener. A poet. A traveller. Yami is a man carried by the breeze, with no roots to bind him to wherever his feet may fall. His passport reads Yami Watanabe - a student from Kanto raised in the doldrums of sleepy Fuchsia City. While the information is true, it's not his full story.

Before he was Yami, he was Kuromaru - the firstborn son to one of Fuchsia City's honored shinobi. His lineage was to be his future and birthright, and from a young age, he was trained in the arts of deception, stealth, and trickery. He was dutiful in his learning, an honors student and his father's prized pupil for his advancement - but by some twist of fate, he failed.

In his first mission he was spotted, pinned down, and identified. By some miracle he managed to escape capture, but with his clan's interference unmistakable, there was now call for retribution. Fearing for his son's life, his father established him an alias, shipping him off to a distant land to wait until it might be safe to return.

So here he waits, as Yami Watanabe. Enjoying the quiet life in a foreign land while remaining constantly on guard for the whatever ghost might seek to chase after his steps.

Flaws:
Distrusting:: He takes nothing at face value, making it difficult for him to work alongside others.

Inflexible:: He's something of a fish out of water in the Toro Region, dead set on Kanto chivalry and chopsticks that can make him seem out of place in a more laid back crowd. It can also lead to him being something of a killjoy amongst those who prefer not to "go by the book."

Insensitive:: Growing up a shinobi has left him numb to what might unsettle others. What some might view as unjust, to him - is reality. It puts a certain rift between himself and the sympathetic or faint of heart.

Ambitions:
Battle Ready:: Keeping ready for battle is important to Yami, despite his easy going lifestyle. He likes to train himself alongside his pixelmon with the hope of being able to use his shinobi arts to help others. While he has no grand dreams of being a hero, he gets a sense of accomplishment from at least being ready to play the part of one.

Return Home:: He is absolutely waiting for the day he's able to return home to Kanto, and romanticizes about it often. He has yet to figure out that it simply isn't going to happen.

Published Poet:: In his inability to connect well with others, he seeks to share his thoughts in other ways. He quietly hopes that his poetry will eventually take off, promising that, in some way, he's managed to be understood by others of a similar mind.

Starter Pixelmon: Zubat
Skin:
-Open Response Questions-
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

The click of Yami's geta echoes to silence as he halts his steps, curiosity subtle in the reflective violet of his stare. His eyes show calm, the line of his lips even and soft as he guides his attention to the teary-eyed stranger begging his attention. The raven of his brows knits soft as he hears her out, focus lifted steady toward the boughs of he tree nearby to search out the feline in question. "We can't just leave them there," he agrees in a soft voice. "Luckily, I have just the trick for a problem like this." A hint of levity brightens his tone, smile drawn assuring to his lips as he turns a gentle stare back toward the young girl. "You wouldn't happen to have any fish at home, would you?"

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

The stranger's beaming is met with a far more subtle smile from the foreigner, a polite gesture that scarcely reaches the calm of his eyes. His steps have paused, for the moment, a listening ear granted the friendly woman as she readies her pen to her clipboard. Yami's line of sight fails to drop toward the items in her grip, instead rested toward her expression as his smile brightens a touch, understanding toward her words. "Statistical reasons," he repeats, an agreeable ring to his tone. "Of course." Gently, he bows his head - and without another word - continues in the direction he'd been heading just a moment ago, eyes set forward toward the road.
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: Mellow's Application

Aaand Accepted!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”