Polaris Whitelist App

Polaris
MC name: Uru

Polaris Whitelist App

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Uru
Discord Username: Polaris#4174
Where did you hear about us: Timber, in turn from Luna and Misha
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played Pokemon since Blue, through until Ultra Sun/Moon. As for roleplay, I've done a fair share of both Pokemon and general roleplay over the years, a lot of it being D&D related. Outside of roleplay, I'm pretty passive, but friendly enough.

My favourite Pokemon is Girafarig, my favourite region is Sinnoh, and out of all the mystery dungeon games, I've only played Blue.

-Roleplay Questions-

What is roleplaying?
Playing a role! Create a story from the perspective of your own character, building into the lore piece by piece as you not only interact with the world yourself, but create a character for others to interact with. In the same way that everyone has their own goals and stories, you control a character of your creation that explores the world and lore in pursuit of their own goals. In less enthusiastic terms, roleplaying is essentially writing a collaborative story from the perspective of a character of your design.

What is meta-gaming?
Using outside knowledge in character. Outside knowledge can be something another player has told you, such as a secret that has not reached your character by any means, or even using outside information sources to grant your character knowledge, like looking up answers to trivia questions or researching the mod.

What is power-gaming?
(Also known by some as godmodding,) Power gaming involves forcibly enacting actions during roleplay that give another player no time or option to react, or simply take control of their character entirely. This could be speech based, such as making someone say something, to making them do something like drop an item or cry... To even inaction against an opposing action, such as giving no option for response to a physical attack or theft. Typically, these actions come from players who want something particular to happen, such as take an item from another player or even physically harm them.

What is retroactive continuity?
Retcon! Erasing details or backing out of roleplay to suit the needs of the user. Retconning victories or defeats for example, to keep one's record clean and flawless. Retconning is fairly easy to avoid by simply roleplaying around it... but often players will turn to retcon to turn roleplay to focus on themselves, such as retconning quips, remarks, conversations, defeats, etc.Effectively, "you didn't hit me I dodged it". But that does come under godmodding a bit.

What is a Mary Sue?
Female counterpart to Gary Stu, and both are overly designed characters who are made to be the center of attention. No flaws, rainbow colours, and groan-worthy backstories designed to cater to as many tropes as possible to try and get as much attention as possible.

For example... an orphan who's parents were half-Pokemon, raised by just the worst foster parents, bullied at school, most popular person in school, has magic powers, is a vampire, is dating Acerus... Eyes bleeding yet?

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC: In Character. Speaking in first person and acting as your character in third person. Actions taken here will likely be accepted as happening, so be careful what you do as a joke.
OOC: Out of Character. Talking normal. Likely used for global chats and PMs. Often shown as in brackets ((like this)), to help separate it from IC.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Lots! I use to be the owner of a Pokémon roleplay room where the focus was on players playing Pokemon, a loosely fantasy/medieval server before release, and two D&D servers from 2020, in which I was a moderator on the first server and an Admin/Moderator on the second! Race of choice? Kobolds.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Celandine "Cecil" Pryce

Appearance: An effeminate male of average height, with long, green hair tied neatly into a ponytail. What appear to be his work clothes double up as his everyday clothing, incorporating his love of gardening into his clothes so that he can always get right to it. A gentle face with smooth skin would contrast his Avalonian origin, suggesting he hasn't truly done much hard labour, and his cheerful smile and positive nature shine through even the busiest streets of Albion. He speaks with a traditional, well-pronouced Avalonian accent and carries himself in a sensible manner. In the pockets of his apron, he carries a few tools with him wherever he goes, and has a small red flower adorning his messy locks.

Personality: Celandine is a striving and ambitious individual, heart set on keeping flowers in people's homes. With his hometown of Albion, Avalon being the busy metropolis of business and trade that it is, Celandine is a confident speaker and a friendly first impression. He loves to strike up a conversation and is all the more happy to talk for hours about flowers and their benefits and uses. Even in a tricky situation, he can find a way to keep his cool and work out a solution... with enough time.

Biography: While his family lived on the outskirts of the city for several generations, Celandine's family moved to be closer to the center of Albion so that they could be closer to the work. Though he was fairly young when they moved, Celandine never forgot the garden that once surrounded his family home, and always looked for plantlife wherever he could in the city. By the age of sixteen, Celandine had still not adapted to the new atmosphere, instead running a small flower shop out of his garden greenhouse, selling flowers on the street from a stall. Years on, this little hobby job turned quite profitable for what it was - selling flowers on the streets to weary workers. However, as he grew older, the little profits he did make no longer covered his costs... and with a pocket full of seeds and a heart full of ambition, he made the decision to up-sticks and move to the region of Toro to begin anew.

Flaws: Having had to upstart himself in Avalon, Celandine isn't one to accept help from others easily, often assuring both himself and others that he is able to achieve what he is attempting... only accepting help reluctantly if plans fall through, and only after he's had a shot himself. He won't steal the spotlight if he knows he's out of his depth, but will often step forward if he believes he is able to manage it. When it comes to his flowers, he dislikes competition in knowledge. Though he is happy to discuss flowers and plants with others passionate in the subject, he dislikes people who try to show him up.
Ambitions: Celandine hopes to spread his interest of flowers and his passion for caring about the environment to others, by showing people the benefits of it! From the tea he drinks, to the Pokemon he trains, Celandine hopes to showcase the best that nature has to offer.
Starter Pixelmon: Shroomish
Skin:
ImageImage

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Glancing up as he moved closer to the trunk, Celandine spotted the glimmer of the Meowth's coin in the tree, clutching a branch. It wasn't a particularly tall tree, but a nasty fall regardless.
"Don't worry!" Celandine said with a small spin on his heel, turning to address the young girl. "I'm sure I can help!"

Attempt one, and Celandine was already half way up the tree, using jutted bark and branches for holds to pull himself up the branch where the Meowth was located. But as he outstretched his hand towards the Meowth... the scared feline took a swipe! In pulling back his hand swiftly, Celandine lost his hold and slipped from the bark, falling towards his awaiting Shroomish. Like a cushion, it awaited beneath him and... *pffff*! A jet of spores blasted out as Celandine landed on his faithful Mushroom Pokémon!

Attempt two, and he decided he could use some help from his partner, Pidgey. With a polite request, his Pidgey flew up into the tree and landed on a nearby branch. The girl and Celandine watched for a few minutes, before the Pidgey... simply left the tree and returned to Celandine's shoulder. Seems sending a bird to coax a cat out of a tree wasn't the most pleasant of ideas...

Attempt three, and by now, Celandine was visibly agitated. Foot tapping, arms folded, and staring into the tree. As long as the Meowth was scared, it was going to swipe at anyone that came close... At that point, he suddenly lit up!
"Ah, of course! I'm so sorry for the wait, young miss, but I believe I know what to do!" With a wave of his hand, Celandine pointed up into the tree and gave his Shroomish a command! "...Sleep Powder!"

With a wiggle and a jump, the Shroomish beside him blasted a faint cloud of purple spores up into the tree! In it's panicked state, the Meowth couldn't help but inhale some of the sleep-inducing spores... and after a few seconds, it fell into a peaceful sleep and lost it's grip on the branch... falling peacefully into the awaiting arms of Celandine below. He handed the now sleeping Meowth to the girl and bid her goodbye, secretly thankful the ordeal was over...

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"Oh! Well... For statistical reasons, sure! My name is Celandine, and I'm here to establish a new flower shop... err... somewhere! I haven't quite decided where. I've come here from Avalon, actually. The air is a lot cleaner here, and I'm hopeful the people of Toro will be more open to being a little more caring about the environment around us. For now... I'm going to get to know the region a little better! Find out about the local flora and maybe even buy a guidebook to flowers in the Toro region..."

He paused for a moment, before smiling warmly and putting his hands together in front of his chest. "...I don't suppose you can point me to a bookshop, miss?"
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: Polaris Whitelist App

Aaaand Whitelisted!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”