Topit’s Application

Topit
MC name: _Topit_

Topit’s Application

-Player Questions-

Discord: Topit#2358 (Please message me on here as it is the quickest way I’ll respond and see the message!)

Minecraft Username:

_Topit_

Fifteen, turning sixteen in November

Note: I had applied in February but was denied, yet was given permission to reapply again

Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)

Just looked up Pixelmon Server Roleplays and noticed that there was a link to the website through a reddit post

Tell us a little about yourself:

Well I live in the USA. I’ve been playing Pokemon probably ever since I was seven, with Pokemon Fire Red being the first Pokemon game I played. Kanto is my favorite region, with my favorite Pokemon being either Squirtle or Ditto. I’ve been roleplaying ever since I was about eight or nine, starting off on Minecraft for the PS3. Since then I’ve done all kinds of roleplays, some through an app called Amino, some on discord.

-Roleplay Questions-

[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying?

Roleplaying is a mix of acting and improv, where you play a character and how you think they would act. You interact with yourself or other people’s characters in order to continue with the improv aspect, making up things as you go in order to continue with the roleplay.

What is meta-gaming?

The act of your character knowing something that they shouldn’t know. Say if someone told you that their character was going to die within the next few hours out of character and then your character suddenly knows that the person is going to die without having any way to know irp.

What is power-gaming?

Having your character force another character into doing something without them having a choice. Like being forced to help out your character in finding something, or being forced to battling.

What is retroactive continuity?

Retconning is the act of changing something that has happened in the past or is a part of your character. Say if you released a certain Pokemon in the roleplay but realized you regretted it, you can change that to ignore the character releasing their Pokemon.

What is a Mary Sue?

A character with no real flaws and is considered perfect. They are able to have the answer to every situation and always end up having that answer work in the situation.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?

In character is speech/events/actions that happen inside the roleplay and is canon to the story/timeline. Out of character is things that happen outside of the roleplay and don’t affect the characters or the environment they are placed in. Example is if I told someone that my favorite food is pizza out of character. In roleplay characters wouldn’t be affected or have any knowledge of my favorite food unless said in the roleplay.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)

I used to roleplay on a server known as “Thronecraft”. I also did a lot of Minecraft roleplay on the PS3 and PS4.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name:

Jack Kai Kemp

Eighteen

Appearance:

Jack has curly black hair, along with a more tan skin color. His eye color is more of a dark brown to black, with his height being about six feet exactly. His skin texture is more of a smooth texture, with thinner arms and legs. He often likes to wear the color purple, wearing a purple scarf. He also has on a black coat and a blueish green shirt. He also wears blue jeans along with knee and shoulder pads. He also has a long white sleeve shirt underneath, and brown boots.
Image (Hopefully the image works. If not I could dm a picture of a skin through discord.)

Personality:

Jack is a real competitive person, often studying the best strategies and moves for his Pokemon. He’s stubborn and cocky, believing he is the best of the best. Due to this he has become more of a jerk, often insulting people to try and make him feel better than others. He also attempts to use this during battles to make trainers think less about the battle and more about the insults. Yet he is a really skilled battler and can often get himself out of situations. This often results with trainers making terrible mistakes which Jack tries to take advantage of. He believes that having friends will slow him down, with the only friends that he needs is his Pokemon.

Biography:

Jack was born on November 16th in the Kanto region. He turned out to be a twin, along with his sister, a girl named Orange. His father was the one who named Jack, an experienced Pokemon trainer who ended up working as a police officer.

Jack and Orange were really close, hanging out with each other wherever they went. The two would always pretend that they were Pokemon Masters, going on their journey together within Saffron City. The two attended the same public school, being in the same friend group as well. So they spent a lot of time together. Jack would really only hang out with his friend group inside school, as he didn’t want other kids to try and take over his friend group. He did really well in his classes, yet that was only because he saw it as a competition against his friends. The brother and sister had spent most of their time after school at a park with their friends. Jack often didn’t try to talk to strangers and was a lot more open to people in his friend group because of this.

Jack lived in Saffron City for a big chunk of his life, as that’s where his father worked as a police officer. The boy would always hang out with the other kids that were in his neighborhood, always wanting to explore. They had each other’s backs for nearly everything, as they were all best friends. The group of kids always tried to explore as much as Saffron as they could, yet it was dangerous for a bunch of young children to be out all alone. They were always told to not go too far away from home. Yet they tried their best, as they couldn’t take no for an answer.

Jack was more of a father’s boy, as he was always interested in his father’s Pokemon journey. His father would always tell stories about his journey, like the Pokemon he met and how powerful he was in his prime day. Jack loved the thought of being a powerful trainer someday, being able to go wherever he wanted with Pokemon by his side. This love would soon develop into his passion.

The boy would often use his father’s Pokemon to battle. The kids in his neighborhood would get their parents to come down to a nearby park, then hold a Pokemon tournament. The parents would lend their kids their Pokemon, then supervise as the kids would battle each other in this tournament. Jack’s mother was the one who often supervised Jack, as his father would often be at work. The boy soon got close to his mother, as she would often help Topit by giving him advice during the Pokemon battles.

At the age of nine, Jack’s father had taken him to a local Pokemon tournament. There were many trainers who battled. It was like the trainers and Pokemons’ bond was stronger than the average person. Jack knew that he wanted to be just like those people, wanting to have a powerful bond with his Pokemon.

Jack’s father died when the boy and his sister were eleven. His mother had told him that his father had been shot in the head with a gun while trying to protect Pokemon from poachers while on duty. This broke Jack, now losing one of the idols in his life. His mother and sister grieved over his loss, yet Jack was affected the most. He became more cold and introverted, often attempting to shut people out of his life. At the age of eighteen he had received a Pokemon from his mother and headed to the Toro region. He has chosen to go to the region due to hearing about the strong battlers and the champion at the time, Elizabeth Ross. (subject to change). He wanted to prove he was the strongest out there and to do that was to defeat the strongest trainers out there.

Flaws:

Jack is often stubborn and cocky, causing him to not listen to other people most of the time. He fears death and failure, which may cause him to do irrational things if those fears ever come into play. He tries to push people away through insults, as he’s scared to get close to people in fear that they’d disappear like his father.

Ambitions:

Jack wants to be the strongest Pokemon Trainer out there as well as become champion. He believes he was born to be the strongest, with this ambition becoming stronger when his father dies. He believes if he is stronger there is a lesser chance of death.

Starter Pixelmon: [ Any naturally level 5 Pokemon! No Legendaries/Mythicals ]

Squirtle

Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

-Open Response Questions-

-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Jack glanced at the lady, as he rolled his eyes. He hadn’t come to the region for a damn interview. He walked past the woman, not having much care. The woman chased after the boy, as she proceeded to move her lips to let out a sentence.

“Excuse me, but I asked where you came from and why you came.” The woman spoke with a bit of attitude, not liking that she had been ignored. Jack continued to walk with his hands in his pockets, as he prepared himself to talk. His footsteps on the concrete had been the only audible thing coming from him at that moment until now.

“I didn’t come here to be interviewed, lady. I came from Kanto to defeat the best of the best and show them that I’m on top.” Jack told her, as he continued to walk. The lady stood there shocked by the response. Yet she noted that down on her clipboard, having gotten a response from the stubborn and cocky boy.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Jack watched as the Pokemon was released from its confinement. His left hand reaches down into his black pants’ pockets, as he proceeded to pull out his very own Pixelball. The red lid glittered from the sunlight bouncing off, as he pulled his arm back to throw the ball. Out released a Pidgey, as the Pokemon had spread its wings to stretch. Jack took a deep breath in, ready to start the battle.

“Hope your Rattata has enough strength to at least stand after three attacks!” Jack called out, teasing the trainer in an attempt to make him battle irrationally. The boy was clearly angered by this just as Jack planned, as his face became more tense. The boy took a step back, ready to give his Pokemon a command.

“Rattata, use your tackle attack!” The boy called out, as the Pokemon charged towards the Pidgey, aiming to slam its body into the feathered creature. Jack couldn’t help but smirk, as he let out a chuckle. It was just too easy.

“Sand attack.” Jack commanded as he threw his hands behind his head. The Pidgey was faster and more efficient than the Rattata, as it kicked up some sand by flapping its wings towards the ground. The Rattata, now blinded, missed the Pidgey. The Pidgey flew into the air, preparing to use another attack. The opposing trainer was shocked at the fact that the Pokemon missed.

“You aren’t gonna move? Fine, use Gust!” Jacm commanded the bird, as the Pokemon rapidly flapped its wings in an attempt to swoop the Pokemon off of the ground. It worked, as the Pokemon flew into the air, as all things must come down, it slammed into the ground, fainting. The opponent, now defeated, quickly pointed the Pixelball towards the Rattata, as a blue beam came out of the ball and sucked the Pokemon in. He rushed out of the area, not wanting to see the winner’s face.

“Didn’t even last three attacks. What a shame.” Jack muttered as he pointed the Pixelball towards the Pidgey and returned the Pokemon. He proceeded to continue in the direction he was heading, as he couldn’t help but chuckle from his victory.
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Re: Topit’s Application

We discussed in Discord! Welcome to Toro!

Return to “Accepted Applications”