Announcing... the Para Ball!

Clear your schedule for the latest events.
Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Announcing... the Para Ball!

A surprise evening news bulletin from the PRI broadcasts on Toro’s evening radio and TV! For those viewers watching on TV, Celeste Holiday’s possibly familiar face, currently composed with confidence and pride, appears on screen.

“Greetings, fellow citizens. I am excited to announce that a years-long dream has finally come to fruition. When I began the Paraspace Research Initiative, I believed we could do more than end the threat posed by other worlds. In the years since the end of the Paramon crisis, we have begun in-depth study of Kartana and Blacephalon’s homes, and led many public expeditions to these worlds as well. The work of our diligent researchers presents exciting possibilities for biology, chemistry, and physics. But our dream is greater than scientific benefits as well. Recently, we have made a new breakthrough that will foster harmony between our world and others: a device we are calling the Para Ball. This modified Poke Ball can capture Paramon. It is the product of years of work by Aaron Blues and Orchid Legrand- we owe a special thanks to Kaliq Knighton for his early efforts as well,” she says with a smile. "

“I am sure you have many questions, and I wish to answer the most obvious of them now. First, many of you may be wondering if it is safe to capture Paramon, given the overwhelming strength demonstrated during the crisis. We have confirmed that those Paramon were anomalous,” Celeste explains calmly. “Each was an extraordinary member of its species: others likely were unable to survive the journey through unpredictable portals. Much like we would not judge the strength of Tentacruel from the example of Toro’s mythical giant Tentacruel, these Paramon do not represent the strength of most of their kind. Most Kartana seem to be strong Pokemon, but nothing more. The same is true for Blacephalon, and likely for other Paramon whose homes we have yet to locate. Nihilego is not safe for capture- at least, not Nihilego native to their world, so we will not be allowing that. Meanwhile, the entity that devoured Ferrite no longer exists, as its unnatural realm was removed from existence by our collective intervention with Solgaleo, so that is not something to worry about either.”

“Second, I am sure you are wondering whether you may capture a Paramon yourself,” she continues, with excitement lighting up her face and shining through beyond her usual professional calm. “The answer is yes. In the course of expeditions with the PRI, we will be making Para Balls available. So long as you meet the requirements to join such an expedition and provide advance notice of your interest, you may come join us and capture a Kartana or Blacephalon. We will not be charging for these, but due to production expenses they will be handed out by PRI staff individually on these expeditions, and we welcome donations to assist with costs.”

She looks right into the camera and, with gravity, concludes, “This is an opportunity to make truly personal connections- to make new friends- across impossible distances. I hope you will join us, and I look forward to hearing about the connections you make. Thank you.”

Return to “Events”