ThatAlex' Trainer Application

ThatAlex
MC name: That_Alex

ThatAlex' Trainer Application

Preferred Name: Alex
MC Username: That_Alex
Time Zone: GMT+2
How long you have been playing on Toro League: for about 2-3 years, maybe a bit less considering my long hiatus recently

What qualities do you possess that you think might aid in this position?:
I believe i have a pretty good grasp on how to rp well on the server, general rp-etiquette and the world of Toro as a whole, as well as how to make the environment of minecraft rp a bit easier to get into, things like how to point players in the direction of server resources (support channel or certain forum posts that might be essential for their pokemon team).
I also consider myself pretty approachable, both in terms of trying to be helpful OOCly, but also my character being generally polite and welcoming to others joining the region.
I'm also very eager to see peoples characters grow and develop, especially if they interest me. This is more dependent on the individual character obviously, but i always love to point people into directions ICly that they express interest in, such as jobs or pokemon nests, maybe other characters they should talk to for potential character growth.
Also i still feel i remember pretty well what it was like to be a new player. This is pretty subjective, but 2 years is not that long of a time to have been playing, and with the long break i took it often feels i started maybe a few months ago. So i often feel i can sympathize with some of the small things new players may struggle with, such as getting the proper formatting for MC into your muscle memory, or some of the unspoken/rarely mentioned rules of the server (one pokemon out at a time during an event, prewrite emotes when possible, etc.), and i try to help with those before they really come up.
Lastly, since im in a more EU friendly timezone, if i notice a new player joining while i know others are still at work, i do like to hop on and give them some first rp, since i do hope toro can get a more healthy population of players in other timezones, and im willing to help achieve that!

What is one weakness that may hinder you in this role?:
My timezone for one, being able to welcome players in my own timezone sadly means i might be able to hop on for others, especially during days where i have to get up early.
Secondly, im also still somewhat new to toro considering all things. 2 years is a good amount of time, but i am still sometimes unsure of what things are allowed, or more importantly, if certain things warrant writing staff about.
Lastly, this may be subjective, but while my character that i tend to welcome people with (Earnest) is approachable and friendly, his physical description could give a problematic view of the server. It hasn't come up before while i was roleplaying with new players, but i don't find it unrealistic to think that, if your first rp is with a guy under parole with no arms, the server may appear quite a bit darker in tone than it actually is.

Do you consider yourself a patient person?:
Yes and no, it depends on what i need to be patient about. If its patience in the moment, i can do that well as long as i can do stuff on the side (be on the phone while waiting in a line, listen to an audiobook while on a train, listen to music while waiting on a long emote, etc)
Long term, it always varies, but the tendency goes to impatience (buying a thing i really want, moving to a new place, etc)
And obviously, if im excited about something, i get more impatient. Though overall, i find my self control to be good enough to not have patience ever become a problem.

Anything else we need to know?:
I didnt mention this in the positive qualities, since its rather vague, but ive actually helped quite a few people over the time ive been on here do their first rp and get somewhat settled. I cant remember all the names sadly, but i remember recently when ChaosX joined helping them get some rp done.
Its also just something i really enjoy doing for some reason. Being able to show a character this server im so excited about and show of my own character while listening to theirs, its just a very fresh experience!
Nihilego is a parasite

Return to “Inactive Applications”