AzureBurst's LT Application

AzureBurst
MC name: Azure_Burst

AzureBurst's LT Application

Preferred Name: Azure
MC Username: AzureBluez
Time Zone: CDT
Number of hours available: Varies depending on my college workload, but I can usually make time for anything pressing.
How long you have been playing on Toro League: Two years, in two months! (June 1st 2021)

Why do you want to join Lore Team?: I am a huge fan of the Pokemon Universe and I would love to be able to contribute to Toro's lore-bank in every way that I can.
Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: - If you have any examples of written up lore, especially done for Toro, please put that here! I have written some lore for more of the fantastical roleplays I ran in the past, as well as some things related to Paramon in Toro.
What can you bring to this team?: Unfortunately, I have dedicated a good chunk of my life to consuming the Pokemon anime and earlier chapters of the manga. The anime, while not always accurate to the games provides a good level of information on other aspects of Pokemon. For example, the fur of a Pikachu from the Kanto region sparkles in the sun, but the fur of an Alolan Pikachu is silkier and it shines in the sun. I'm also quite versed in the games.
What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: My time management can be a little on the wonky side, and I tend to prefer to keep things incredibly accurate to canon, so I might delay proceedings over irrational, tiny details.
How well do you know our current Lore?: I would like to think that I know a lot about Toro's lore, although when it comes to things like religion, I always have to go back to read up details on the forums.

-- How would you answer these questions?:
-" Can a Xatu really see the future and past? ":
Xatu are known to be the Mystic Pokémon, but their ability to see the past and future really stems from a few misconceptions and synchronicities. Fortune Tellers of old in the Johto region observed the movements of Xatu to determine the presence of natural disasters, but it is more so likely that Xatu are capable of perceiving subtle changes in the wind and are thus able to know when to depart to avoid disaster.

Additionally, as psychic types, their intellect allows them to predict certain short-term events in a small radius, this combined with their ability to use moves such as Miracle Eye to follow evasive targets and Detect to avoid incoming attacks only served to add to the myths surrounding this species of Pokemon.

As for the reason they stand still, most researchers have concluded that Xatu are conserving energy for their foraging efforts, as well as watching for any danger before deciding to move. Xatu have excellent foresight and caution, but precognition is not a skill that they have.

For more information on psychic types, you can visit the Psychic Moves, Powers, and Limitations post in the pixelmon info center. (http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... 118&t=2443)

-" What does Heal Pulse do on a trainer? ":
Depending on the severity of an injury, healing moves that can be used on other targets such as Heal Pulse or Healing Wish will accelerate the healing process of a human and regrow tissue or seal wounds. It can heal wounds such as cuts, bruises and burns (to a certain degree). It can also heal broken bones, but the issue with doing something like that stems from the fact that human bodies were not made for the rapid recovery that Pokemon are capable of. Severe injuries such as broken bones or ruptured organs may heal improperly because of this and lead to complications down the line, or immediately, should a bone grow out of place due to improper setting. Overuse of healing in this way may also have the unfortunate effect of placing someone at a risk of cancer. Generally, unless it is an emergency, it is best that a trainer seeks treatment at a hospital.

A more in depth explanation of healing moves can be found on the Healing Moves Explained Post (http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... 118&t=3997)

-" I'm just curious, but can Type: Null use the axe on it's helmet to chop a tree? ": While Type: Null does not exist in Toro, it is unlikely that it would be able to use its 'axe' in such a way. The awkward positioning of the part on the Pokemon's head and the fact that it is constantly weighed down by its helmet means that it is unlikely that one would be capable of doing such a thing. An axe is a much safer alternative to attempting something like this.

Anything else we need to know? : Despite being known as the seed Pokemon, only female Venusaur have seeds on their flowers!
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: AzureBurst's LT Application

I WOULD LIKE TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM VENUSAUR FACTS THANK YOU

But thank you for the app! We've talked more in PMs, so I don't need to put much else here. But you've been put under a trial period to see if you like it, good luck!

Return to “Accepted Applications”