Caecilia Unterberg's Inauguration followed by Fireside chat

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Foska
MC name: Foska

Caecilia Unterberg's Inauguration followed by Fireside chat

A small crowd gathers around the government building in Aurelia on a crisp autumn morning. Eagerly revelers, armed with little toran flags boisterously declaring their patriotism, and press men brandishing cameras, and notepads await the new premier. In the foreground, atop the portable steel stage Toro’s Arbiter of Justice Marigold LeGrand, and a priest of Arceus adorned in the traditional garb stand tall, ready to oversee the inauguration ceremony.

With all the pomp and circumstance of a world leader the new Premier would take the stage, turning and waving courteously to the crowd and the cameras a bright smile on her face, before briskly walking towards the Arbiter, and the priest giving both a firm handshake. The elderly bishop would slowly lift the holy book, instructing Caecilia to place her right hand upon it’s leather cover, and her left upon her heart. Once Caecilia is properly in position the man of God begins speaking.

“All mighty GOD, the people have made their choice, I ask upon you to please look upon the peaceful transfer of power and smile” he’d nod, taking a deep breath and continuing on “Give to our new Premier Caecilia Unterberg the Wisdom to lead with humility, the courage to lead with integrity, the compassion to lead with generosity. Bless and protect her, her family, and every one of the free citizens of this world.” he’d look into Caecilia’s eyes “Miss Unterberg, do you swear upon this holy book, before the eyes of Arceus in all his immaculate glory that you will execute the office of the Premier of Toro faithfully, and will to the best of your ability preserve, protect, and defend the sovereignty of our nation, or be subject to Arceus’s judgment?”

The young girl would look down at her feet for a moment a small sigh escaping her, before matching the man’s gaze. “I, Caecilia Unterberg, swear upon this holy book, before the eyes of Arceus hallowed be his name, to execute the office of Premier of Toro faithfully, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the sovereignty of our region, or be subject to Arceus’s judgment.”

The Arbiter of Justice would then step forward, holding Toro’s lawbook out towards Caecilia and instructing her to put her right hand on it’s gilded cover, and her left on her heart. Marigold nods to Caecilia before she begins speaking “Miss Unterberg, do you swear upon this collection of earthly laws, a symbol of the Toran government, before the eyes of the very people who elected you, to execute the office of the Premier of Toro faithfully, and to the best of your ability preserve, protect, and defend the sovereignty of our nation, or be subject to the people’s judgment?”

Caecilia would begin to answer, voice dripping with confidence “I, Caecilia Unterberg, swear upon this hallowed book, this representation of the law and order of our region, before the eyes of the people who I promise to serve, to execute the office of Premier of Toro faithfully, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the sovereignty of our region, or be subject to the people’s judgment.”

Marigold would pull the book away as the girl says her oaths “Congratulations Madame Premier.” she’d look to the bishop before turning back to the girl “We will clear the stage so you may address the people.”

Caecilia would take a deep breath, approaching the microphone on the podium and beginning to address the rowdy crowd. “My fellow Citizens.”

“I thank you for joining me, for today we celebrate the renewal of this unprecedented experiment of life that we collectively call Toro. All though this ceremony is taking place in autumn, when all but the evergreens die, through our words, and actions we show the world that we force a spring. Much like it’s glorious forests, and majestic farms Toro continues to grow, unabated by threats be them foreign such as CODEX, or domestic like our own Team Noir. As a nation we have endured these growing pains, and we will continue to endure in order to ensure that this budding flower, this ode to freedom, and humanity comes to fruition. In the course of running this race, many of my detractors have found it prudent to launch venomous barbs at me for daring to challenge those things that are wrong in our great nation, for standing for those who do not have a voice of their own. But we are a resilient nation, we do not heed the words of those scared few who wish to bury their heads into the sand; Those who wish to rest on their laurels, and allow the fields our forefathers have sowed to go barren. Many have held the office of Premier, scientists, lawyers, and soldiers. I am no scientist, but I assure you under my guided hand Toro will continue to innovate, and grow. I am no lawyer, but I assure you every man, women, pixelmon, and child will be given the fair deal they so desperately deserve. Of course I am no soldier, but hear me now people of Toro, for I have the soul to ensure that we do not only win the battle against those who wish to see us fail, but the war.”

She takes a deep breath, looking out at the crowd before continuing on. “Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creeps into this petty pace from day to day, yet unlike all those who would despair at the march of progress, in Toro we warmly embrace it. We see that Father Time's arrow marches not but forward, and bravely we chase it’s wake staying on the forefront of technology, ideals, and social consciousness. My fellow Torans, I promise you today that under my Premiership this open society that we have cultivated, this prosperous nation that accepts all regardless of class, race, or indeed sexuality will only continue to expand, and envelope more in it’s enlightened bosom. We will elevate Toro in the eyes of all foreign men from an accepting region to a veritable haven, a bastion of free thought, and equality for all; One nation, unified by a joint love for our fellow man, and pixelmon kind a like. Bully for you Toro, we sit upon the precipice of a nation that will stand everlasting, leaving the hardships of war, and the austere lifestyle of the past in the red-dust of the deserts of time.”

“I would like to invite you at this time to ask any questions you might have, I am indebted to you the people, and a clear line of communication must be established between me and my bosses.” she’d smile pointing to the crowd “All the millions of them. I prepared a room at the government building ahead of time so we can clear up any missundertandings together.”

============================OOC==========================================
Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

Re: Caecilia Unterberg's Inauguration followed by Fireside c

A middle-aged man in a worn suit stands up, notepad at the ready. "Johnson McCallison, with the North Street News. Miss Unterberg, could you please share with us your plans to handle your first year of the premiership and your last year of high school simultaneously?"

Return to “Regional Government Archives”