Toro Arbiter Debates - Round 8

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Toro Arbiter Debates - Round 8

From Harvey Garrett:
"With the recent assassination of the Premier, we've had some questions regarding punishment. What do you think is the best way to deal with those responsible?"

Edgar Penn
Marigold LeGrand
Rosy

Repost for new page:
-- Debates will End Sunday at Midnight, EST --
Voting begins Friday, the 10th & ends on the 12th.
The setting of this meeting is in the Aurelia Courthouse, as always. RTMP members were guarding the place a little more than usual given recent events. People from the Press, were already lined up with their cameras and notebooks. The moderator of the debate was a clean-cut man, asking the given questions with a clear voice, and no noticeable accent.

• Please wait for the previous question to be answered before asking another one.
  • Ask your question ICly please!
  • Unless specified in roleplay, the candidates will decide with eachother in the order they'll reply.
  • Final Remarks will be done by - * Sunday at Midnight, EST* - so get your question in before then!
  • The debate is for the two candidates, not for an audience members vs. a candidate.

Questions were now open to the public!
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

A Question from Felix Hummel

"With the rise CODEX, how do you plan on protecting the citizens and Pixelmon of Toro from any future attacks they may attempt?"
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

I mentioned this earlier, but I’d like to expand the patrol-range of the RTMP to include remote areas to prevent more environmental damage like the one that happened to the forest between Cobalt and Aurelia, and that nearly happened in the Forest near Canvas and the jungle near Tyrian. Even though these were outside city limits, the damage the weapons placed could have caused would have been catastrophic, as proven by Ground Zero.
Rosy

"I want to prioritize safety, as I've mentioned before, but ah I will try to elaborate " Mary nods her head, " Now this is more of a Premier thing, but I want to get shields up for the rest of our towns, it is great we have one up in Tyrian in case of a bunker, but if there is an off chance people can't evacuate in time... " she sighs and continues on, " Again, as Arbiter it isn't really something I can write a law for and It'll pop up, but I can aid the Premier still by suggesting it and pushing for it. For what I can personally do as Arbiter is make sure that the RTMP and ERT machines are prepared and able to handle the upcoming threat. I am also trying hard to prevent any future attempts, and take them down before they can even attack! I am offering CODEX and Rhyhorn Riders protection in the hopeful chance they want to help take this down. "
Vernon

Edgar rolls his shoulders, and brings himself up higher. "By my understanding, after speaking with one of the head Rangers, a close friend of mine, Shiv Warden, the late Premier Nikitas went to the Ranger's building for a meeting. Prior to her election, they had come into possession of a baby Entei, a Pixelmon many revere as a god.There was some opposition to removing the Pixelmon from its volcano home, however the Island has residents, and it was clear the Entei had a connection to the volcano. The thought process was that they could raise it until it could sustain itself, in a location away from the volcano so that it'd have less of a tie to its powers. The RTMP was lending a hand in the protection of this being, as it was a highly religious creature. In time, another Entei came, and took the child Pixelmon away, commending the Rangers for their actions, and all seemed to be well."

Edgar takes a drink of his water, and continues. "When Premier Nikitas went to speak with the Rangers, it wasn't to congratulate them, it was to berate them. She came in and angered many of the Rangers present, threatening them with the creation of a law if they didn't comply with her. The Rangers were forced to give up any claims to protecting any Pixelmon deemed as a 'Legendary' despite the fact they're the most prepared for the situation. Instead, they're forced to leave it to the RTMP. In order to work around this, the RTMP employed one of the heads, and basically put her on the volunteer paperwork. Sadly, that solution, while an excellent one, could easily be rendered ruined should the Rangers and the RTMP stop having such good relations. While I respect the woman, Premier Nikitas, as you said, really had no jurisdiction over the operations of the Rangers. I'd like to work with Professor Mielke, or Mr. LeGrand if he is agreeable, to prevent any future Premier from being able to do this. The Rangers did nothing but help that Entei, and while there were some security issues during that situation, they didn't have any other options to take the Entei, and that will also be a topic of discussion with the next Premier. The RTMP, while I’d very much prefer them being involved, shouldn’t be in charge of the Pixelmon, and I’d essentially like to set that in stone.
Rosy

Marigold smiles warmly at one of her Mother-In-Laws, listening to Edgar calmly before stepping up. " Hello, Mrs. Knighton, let me please, please correct some facts said by Mr. Penn. " she coughs into a fist before continuing, " Heather approached the Rangers quite reasonably, speaking politely, praising AND congratulating them as they did deserved it... there was no berating from her, she stayed calm even as things may have gotten heated from the Ranger's side... " she adds quickly, " I know it is not important now, the past is the past, and I know you only heard about it second-hand, Edgar, so no worries. " with a nod she chuckles and waves a hand idly,
" It is all settled now though, so let me answer you finally, Sam. I wish to give them priority in cases regarding Pixelmon and their nature , such if they request an investigation on a trainer or a home in fear of Pixelmon abuse, or need to investigate a mine incase of some nasty goings. "

" You're right Sam, they are separate from the government asides from when a 'Legendary' Pixelmon is involved, which Edgar has elaborated. Although I do agree that the Rangers are indeed more trained for this currently "
she makes a side note, " We can always train the RTMP though, as the Toro Pixelmon Ranger are such trained right here in Toro, as opposed to in Fiore. " , before continuing, " I do not agree that the agreement should be lifted. Especially in the case if a RTMP Commissioner of the future does not work well with the Pixelmon Rangers of the future. The government cannot really directly influence who is a Ranger even, the Premier can't even order them to do what is best protect our nation like she or he does with our RTMP, not without crossing a line anyways! "
" I have my full faith in who currently have leading both teams currently, and support them, of course... but I will always trust our Premier and men and women in uniform to know the law, they are vetted, and know the best thing to do to protect Toro's citizens. There is no harm if the RTMP are in charge as they'll most definitely get the Pixelmon Ranger's help, as that would be smart and obvious best choice, and if they don't, the Premier can veto that choice them to do so, right? If the Rangers are in charge though, and the Premier or RTMP would not be allowed to interfere because they had a spat with them... then... we must be optimistic that they simply do not abuse it. I think that is what think you're suggesting anyways, Mr. Penn? From the way you worded that, it sounded like you want to give the Pixelmon Rangers more power than the RTMP or even Premier in certain cases? I do believe they have earned our trust currently, yes, they're doing a really amazing job NOW, and they did do a really good job with that Entei, you're right, but I can't speak about the future, or their future leaders. Their leaders are picked by an outside, international force, or from in team if I recall, and well, in the future it can be anybody, and we can't control that... "
" Again, this is not discredit anybody, I have my completely faith in them currently, but I cannot predict the future, and I rather place my children's children future into the safer choice. "
Vernon

Edgar raises his hand, and speaks, looking at Marigold."I'm sorry Marigold, but you misunderstood me. I don't intend on giving the Rangers 'more power than the Premier or the RTMP', I want to them educate and work along side the RMTP. If you want to waste our resources training the RTMP to handle the job of the Rangers, fine by me, if you're elected. But let me remind you, and everyone else in this room we already have a group willing to work with the government, that is already trained to handle these situations. It seems to me, Mary, you want far too many cooks in our small kitchen we call Toro. Also bear in mind, the Government is the entire reason the Rangers CAN operate in this region. If we have any sort of issue with them, we can contact their higher-ups, like the Government did roughly four years ago."
Rosy

" I am glad I misunderstood you then, as that is what it sounded like to me, hopefully you understand where I got confused though, and why I thought that would be a bad idea. " she nods her head and sits back, " I am all for educating them and working alongside them, as I feel like we already do. I don't think it'd be a waste to teach even more people how to handle Pixelmon better really, nor will I think it'd be a strain on them, but don't forget, we survived before them. Plusss Toro is home to people of immense talent~ " she chuckles and looks forward with a smile, " Any more questions? "
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

"Uhmm... Excuse me." A short woman with ginger red hair in a ponytail, equally red eyes, cute pink glasses and a pale face stood up, holding up her hand as she went to ask a question. "If I may ask, Mr Penn, you mentioned that the previous Premier threatened to create a law if the Rangers didn't comply with her. Could you please elaborate on this? What was this law?" She asked before quickly sitting back down.

Return to “Regional Government Archives”