Toro Arbiter Debates - Round 8

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Toro Arbiter Debates - Round 8

Mary leaned over, whispering a quick question to Edgar before standing up, taking the stand instead. " Let me answer this first, as I was the Arbiter during that time, and have listened into the meeting and read the logs many times, please visit me afterwards if you'd like a copy of the transcript. Miss, this was four years ago, and as mentioned before, the Rangers and RTMP have agreed to work together in an ideal agreement shortly after the meeting. " she smiles and goes on to explain, " It was simply the fact that we did not want any future 'Legendary' Pixelmon as classified by the CIDA to be handled without the RTMP. The deal made by the Commissioner and Premier at that time was that the Pixelmon Rangers would get to do whatever they wished with the Pixelmon, but for the sake of accountability, it'll be a RTMP thing... if you wish me to explain why this is important, or the specifics of the law that might have been, I'd love to help educate someone about it, come see me in my office later! "
" But for now I don't want to bring this Debates off track, and bring us back four years, lets focus on the future, yes? In the end, they took the deal, and everything is perfectly smooth now~! "
she flashes a huge smile and sits back, looking to Edgar.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Edgar nods, and looks to the woman that asked the question."I wouldn't like the entire debate to be about the RTMP and the Rangers. What happened happened, and I agree with the choice to an extent, though not entirely. I'd very much prefer to move past this whole incident, and rest assured for those who are concerned, if elected, my office door will be open to discuss a plan of action to change what some may find unfavorable. Any more questions?"
Vernon

"I hate to derail the debate," Netlia's voice would resound as she stands up and asks a question. "But Mrs. LeGrand, what is your favorite kind of cake?" She gives a small smile as she stares, and after the question is answered, she sits down.
Rosy

" Oh that is fine, there's always time and room for dessert. " she hums, leaning forward to answer with a thoughtful smile, " My favorite cake of all time was the 'pizza cake' at my wedding, it was made of all sorts of things... hm... but in general? I think my favorite kind would be Opera cake, a ah... Kalosian sponge cake with coffee, buttercream, and chocolate! Oh, if you've not had it, I can make a really nice one~! "
Rosy

[[ If there are no more questions by 6PM EST, we'll close the debates down and allow for closing statements & voting // Feel free to still post some if your characters have them, but do it now :P ]]
Vernon

Edgar clears his throat as the debates come to a close.”People of Toro. Tonight you are given a choice, a choice that makes history, a choice you make every four years. Myself and my opponent have both been in office for 8 years, even though we were in differing departments. I leave the choice of Arbiter to you. By now you've heard both myself and Marigold speak, you know what we believe, and many of you know us personally. If you're still decided by this point, I don't see much use in trying to sway you so close to the end. Therefore I'd like to end with this: vote based on whoever you feel can do the best job.” He looks to Marigold. ”And to you Marigold, may the best candidate win.” He extends his hand to his friend and opponent in a gesture of respect and kindness.
Rosy

Marigold turns, taking his hand and giving him a firm handshake, a gentle smile on her face as she shares the sentiment," Thank you and good luck to you, old friend. " with a deep breath she turns to the crowd to make her statement. " For those undecided, I would truly love to meet with you and know why not? Not even to know your vote, but why are you still unsure? For those who have questions, or worries that conflict, but were not able to be be here, feel free to stop by my office, please((PM me or Skype me if I'm not on!!)). It is a desperate attempt, I must admit, but I don't want you to vote based on whose name is first, or by random chance. Even if you vote for my opponent, I would feel better if it is because you agree with him, or he is doing something that you really care about. " her eyes flare with passion, " It is every citizen's born duty to vote, and I agree, but I want you to vote because you care about your future, all our futures. We are both more than qualified for the job, so I am happy with whatever the outcome is. Vote for me if - " she pauses and laughs a bit, " I'll be nice and say the same as everybody else is doing, vote who you think would be best for this country. Thank you for visiting, listening, or even reading this. Goodnight. "

Return to “Regional Government Archives”